Proposal: EDM - Trade the big 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
the one mcd trade edmonton has a chance to win, would be with carolina

mcd

for

svech and slavin

would carolina be interested? :dunno:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
McDavid

for

Aho
Pesce
Drury
1st

McDavid

for

Ehlers
PLD
Heinola
1st

Draisaitl

for

Bennett
Montour
Lundell
1st

Theese as a base. Could be some add-ons etc.

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
McDavid

for

Aho
Pesce
Drury
1st

McDavid

for

Ehlers
PLD
Heinola
1st

Draisaitl

for

Bennett
Montour
Lundell
1st

Theese as a base. Could be some add-ons etc.
Why would Carolina do that? Aho is a better all around player than McDavid and makes less. Then they are adding on top of that?

This notion that McDavid is the best player in the league is utter nonsense. He's a cherry picker. The Oilers won't be a winning team until that changes and when it does McDavid won't be winning Art Ross trophies anymore. Players like Barkov and Aho are much more valuable to winning than McDavid.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Shirts, merchandise, fans, value of team and marketing. I look at this from the owners pov.
They'll sell a lot more merchandise as a top 3 team than they will with a cherry picker while losing a top pairing defenseman, a top 5 center and futures. Winning is everything. Losers worry about merchandise sales.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
i can't see one.

svech could be traded without condition. slavin has M-NTC with a 15 team no trade list. edmonton potentially is on that list.

but i honestly haven't considered this. i just looked at it from the edmonton perspective in regards of desirable players with fitting contracts.

i am not too familiar with carolina and their philosophy, but i could see them declining the proposal. first carolina seems to build their team from the defense out and they have moved (trade or fa) several good d's in the past. slavin and pesce seem to be their keepers. secondly carolina is a very cap conscious team and they aren't willing to sign good players to any cap hit, just to retain them (hamilton). aho at 8.46m is the highest paid player. i am not sure they are willing to break their cap structure for mcd.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Potentially? :D
well i have no idea.

edmonton has a nhl franchise with a lot of tradition. i don't know if slavin has family with kids, who go to school. if not, the city you play for isn't so important. during the season you mostly live out of the suitcase anyway and every city has better neighborhoods. the off-season you can spend elsewhere.

taxes could be the deciding factor tough.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Katz won't trade either. So that's the end of that discussion.

Before they trade either McDavid or Draisaitl they will trade their next several 1st rounders if that's what it takes to get help.

The team is really not much different from the same team last year that finished 2nd in their division, they need a good goalie.

Get the freaking goalie, this is like giving away a $5 million dollar home for pennies on the dollar rather than paying a premium to replace the furnace.

If it's a 1st for Varlamov or Ullmark at this point ... do it. If you don't like that it's an overpay, blame Holland and have him removed from the GM spot.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
they need a good goalie.

Did you look at the defensive lapses against Panthers? 5 of the goals were from bad decisions defensively by either defenders or forwards. A goalie doesnt move the needle. They need defensively sound forwards and stay-at-home D:s. Ooh, and a coach that actually teach team-defense.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Did you look at the defensive lapses against Panthers? 5 of the goals were from bad decisions defensively by either defenders or forwards. A goalie doesnt move the needle. They need defensively sound forwards and stay-at-home D:s. Ooh, and a coach that actually teach team-defense.

They have lapses but they made lapses last year too ... and finished 2nd in the division.

The difference is goaltending. When you are playing tight, you are going to do exactly what you don't want to do, it's like saying don't think about something ... well when you try not to think about it, you end up thinking about it.

A coach can be changed, but a goalie has to addressed.

Beyond that, this is a business, not a hockey soap opera. The owner is not trading either of the big 2. They make the owner too much money.

You trade the next ten 1st round picks before you do that.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If Oilers trade McDavid to Rangers they will ask for Fox and Shesterkin. I doubt Rangers will agree to this.

As to Draisaitl to Minny the ask is going to be Kaprizov and Rossi. Minnesota won't probably be happy too.

Last edited:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Time to maximize value on the big 2 before they’re demanding a trade in the off-season

Trade 1

To NYR: Mcdavid

To EDM: Zibby, Lafrenniere, Kakko

Trade 2

To MIN: Draisaitl

To EDM: Ek, Dumba, Wallstedt
Yeah ........NO

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Draisaitl to Buffalo for Power+Levi+1st+1st+cap

McDavid to Florida for Lundell+Ekblad+Knight+1st+cap

Something along those lines if they were traded. Anaheim with McTavish/Drysdale or Detroit with Larkin+Seider is another example.

I don't think they'll be moved though. I think one or both go to the owner and ask to bar toss management out of the building before they ask out.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm seeing a lot of trade proposals in here that would make Edmonton a much much deeper and more rounded team.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I see the Oilers got massacred 6-0. Was wondering the impetus for this ridiculous thread.

Oilers need leadership, a better defensive system and a star goaltender. Until that happens, they will never be a contender. Trading McDrai doesn't change these problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad