Proposal: EDM - Trade the big 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
This is basically a kick them while they are down troll thread. Poor form.

Lol you know times are bad when this is even thought of.

No... we arent there yet
This whole thread is a bad look.

Sure, a lot of Oilers fans are beyond anger and frustration, but this has no connection to reality.

These guys aren't going anywhere unless they decide they want to go.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
You're barking up the wrong tree.

How about Stutzle, Sanderson, and a first? Should we paint you and other Sens' fans with that brush too?

that's the opinion of one person.

a decent amount of leaf fans have suggested marner+ is fair. I'm not talking new people. I'm talking people with 60,000+ posts each.

Go check out the other thread or take a look through your own board.

Last edited:

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
that's the opinion of one person.

a decent amount of leaf fans have suggested marner+ is fair. I'm talking new people. I'm talking people with 60,000+ posts each.

Go check out the other thread or take a look through your own board.
You're talking a very small number of people who don't represent all Leafs' fans.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Time to maximize value on the big 2 before they’re demanding a trade in the off-season

Trade 1

To NYR: Mcdavid

To EDM: Zibby, Lafrenniere, Kakko

Trade 2

To MIN: Draisaitl

To EDM: Ek, Dumba, Wallstedt

Question 1...

Why?

Statement 2.

Those trades get your phone number blocked by Ken Holland.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Gun to my head with a Detroit offer?

I probably do something like one of Larkin/Raymond/Seider, three of Bertuzzi/Edvinsson/Cossa/1st 2022/1st 2023, and then pieces to make everything else fit. So, essentially something like

Larkin
Bertuzzi
1st 2022
1st 2023
any piece not listend in the 4 or 5 listed in above.

That's not going to be anywhere close, because Detroit simply doesn't have the assets that it can surrender from what is forming a pretty good rebuild and not have to completely restart.

If I said "to hell with it?" and just wanted McDavid, Larkin + Raymond + Seider

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
It's a good start, but nowhere near enough.

Edmonton got burned on Pronger, but still managed objectively more than that.
Pronger<<McDavidSo Ottawa should offer more than....
Lupul=StutzleAt the time, Lupul was a higher scoring sophomore and recent top ten pick. He didn't work out the way I expect Stutzle to, but it couldn't have been known at the time...
Smid<=SandersonSanderson is probably be a better prospect, but again... at the time, Smid was a recent top 10 pick, just like Sanderson and was playing very well in his first AHL season
1st=1st
1st>>>>nothing
2nd>>nothing
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So... this deal doesn't close to cut it for McDavid. You'd be adding a lot (think Chabot, Batherson or Norris and likely keep adding)

Is this gaslighting? Lupul and Smid never came close to the hype or projected ceiling that Stützle and Sanderson have.

McDavid was also a technically a top ten pick, so really two top ten picks is overpayment. (big god damn eye roll here)

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
When proposing a Draisaitl trade: think of the pieces you absolutely don't want to give up. Those are the players that should be in your offer.

When proposing a McDavid trade: think of your Draisaitl trade and add.

Reactions: doorbag and iggy

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Time to maximize value on the big 2 before they’re demanding a trade in the off-season

Trade 1

Trade 2

leafs can top that by offering mathews and nylander for mcjesus ....................

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
swap Aho or Barkov for Mcdavid 1 for 1 = both Carolina and Florida getting significantly better come on lol
Incorrect. They would both be significantly worse teams. McDavid doesn't really help you win. 12.5M is what 2 first line players make. Barkov, Aho, Crosby, Bergeron ect all are more impactful on winning. Did you miss the broken ghost of Jonathan Toews utterly dominate McDavid in the bubble?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Fox - ( I think you have to start with him)
Zibby - (Id imagine Oilers would want a replacement for Mcd
Laf
A tier prospect
Draft capital
Salary releif

That probably doesnt make the Oilers hang up the phone right away?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I said winning is the best marketing and will increase revenue significantly more than simply having McDavid on the roster, so I'm not sure how pointing out that Florida and Carolina would still be very competitive is even remotely relevant. These two teams also wouldn't be relying on McDrai's star power to sell merchandise or trying to use them to market the team, they'd be using them to try to win more games and go deep in the playoffs.

Clearly you haven’t followed the Franchise value placed on the Oilers since Katz bought the team. Part of the reason he doesn’t care about winning is the fans still support the team and the valuation on the Oilers has skyrocketed and McDavid definitely played a big part of that.

Oilers while being an undesirable city are ranked 7th on the Forbes list of nhl franchises, with the largest value increase over the last year. Zero chance this valuation happens without McDavid being tied to the franchise

Last edited:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I would give you anything for McDavid as a Sens fan.

Katz for Melnyk?

Yeah probably haha.

Damn.

Oilers just need to win a few games and everything will be ok again.

But damn they've got some bad contracts in Hyman and Nurse that will be boat anchors, unless Nurse really bounces back. Hyman isn't going to magically get better, that's a declining asset the second it was signed.

Ottawa, always seem to find the gems in the draft, and then trade or lose those players due to money. Always respected the hell out of Ottawa in that regard.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Incorrect. They would both be significantly worse teams. McDavid doesn't really help you win. 12.5M is what 2 first line players make. Barkov, Aho, Crosby, Bergeron ect all are more impactful on winning. Did you miss the broken ghost of Jonathan Toews utterly dominate McDavid in the bubble?
LOL is all i have to say. 12.5 million is two first line players in 2021-2022? name me three star first line players who aren’t on an expiring contracts that will keep a 6 million salary on their next contract. please. i’ll wait.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Trade 1

Trade 2

I'll volunteer adding in K'Andre Miller, Nils Lundkvist, and a 1st.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Just for fun since I haven't seen a Nashville proposal yet.

If Edmonton wants to go youth heavy:

Ingram
Askarov

Farrance
Fabbro

Svechkov
L'Heureux
Afanasyev
1sts
2nds

Ingram gets a shot to get out from under Saros and Askarov gives Edmonton a blue chip goalie prospect for the future. Fabbro gives you a young top pairing RHD with room to grow, Farrance is a highly touted LHD, Svechkov and L'Heureux are recent 1sts and Afanasyev is a high second who's improved his stock. picks are picks.

If Edmonton wants to go a more competitive route:

Ingram or Rittich
Askarov
Fabbro or Ekholm
Granlund or Johansen
Tolvanen or Tomasino
picks.

Edmonton gets a goalie, defenseman they can put on their top pairing, no.2 center behind Draisaitl, young winger with upside and picks.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Trade 1

Trade 2

:laugh: :laugh: First off Zibby isn't waiving for Edmonton, And it's not like Kakko and Lafreiere are lighting up the league. Connor McDavid>>>>>>>>>>Zibby+Kakko+Lafreniere. The Leon Draisaitl trade is a bigger joke. And in the next 6 or 7 years Minnesota can't afford to take on a $8,500,000 cap hit.

Reactions: Seachd

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Clearly you haven’t followed the Franchise value placed on the Oilers since Katz bought the team. Part of the reason he doesn’t care about winning is the fans still support the team and the valuation on the Oilers has skyrocketed and McDavid definitely played a big part of that.

Oilers while being an undesirable city are ranked 7th on the Forbes list of nhl franchises, with the largest value increase over the last year. Zero chance this valuation happens without McDavid being tied to the franchise

There's a difference between increasing revenue and increasing valuation. And, sure, McDavid did help increase the value of the team. But, he didn't change ticket sales numbers much, because they've pretty much sold out every game for the last 20 years. And, after the initial run on McDavid jerseys, how much does he really impact jersey sales in a given year? I know they sell a lot of his jerseys, but some percentage of those jersey sales would likely still happen if McDavid weren't on the team, right? They'd go home with a Draisaitl jersey instead, or maybe a Nurse, right? So, what's his true impact on revenue?

On the other hand, how much extra revenue does a couple of playoff games generate? Just making the playoffs means ~36000 more tickets to sell at playoff prices. That's more parking and concessions and merchandise sales. And the more you win, the more extra revenue there is. McDavid's impact on revenue doesn't seem to even come close.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Just for fun.

To Colorado: McDavid, Ceci (assuming Oilers want to dump that contract)
To Oilers: Rantanen, Girard, Newhook, 2021 1st.

Hard to see Oilers being on the road to being a true contender with that trade and I'm not sure Avs could give up much more.

I knew any legitimate McDavid proposal would be more massive than any of the trade threads so far have gone, but ooof. Even for The Jesus It’s actually hard to say yes to that as Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad