Rumor: Devils looking to move Subban?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Subban was actually pretty good last year once he settled into more of a defensive role. I feel like a lot of these comments about poor play were more appropriate last offseason. I was kind of hoping the Devils would keep him and then if we still suck at the trade deadline, move him to a contender looking for defensive depth.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Subban was actually pretty good last year once he settled into more of a defensive role. I feel like a lot of these comments about poor play were more appropriate last offseason. I was kind of hoping the Devils would keep him and then if we still suck at the trade deadline, move him to a contender looking for defensive depth.

Agreed. I see no reason to trade him unless it is a deadline type deal with good value coming back. Good value being relative, like a decent prospect or 2nd rounder.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
This is stupid. He's a 32 year old physical defenseman with back injuries, of course his play is declining. Obviously he's not worth the salary MTL gave him 7 years ago when he was young and in good health. It has nothing to do with social media.

He can still play just fine, but I guess some people just need to find reasons to dislike this guy.
Fans can find a reason to love or hate him, it's his teammates that get tired of his routine and ego. Forget about hockey skills for a second, he's looking at his fourth team in 7 years, don't you see something wrong with that?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Subban is still decent if he tries to simplify his game. At max retention he has some value . Actual $ is not bad at all.
However the only reason the Devils move him is if they have a bunch of massive moves they are looking at. They paid the bonus money and have kept him this long so why move him now unless something very big is planned ?
I am going to get criticized heavily for this but I’m thinking there may be an offer sheet planned here .
Offer sheet and / or offering Hamilton a huge contract and / or someone like Tarasenko Landeskog Meier Gaudreau

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Wow a team is looking to trade their 9M 6-7th defenseman.... COLOUR ME SHOCKED!!!!!!!!

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Wow a team is looking to trade their 9M 6-7th defenseman.... COLOUR ME SHOCKED!!!!!!!!
There is more to it than that. There is the question of why now do they want to move him when they already paid a huge bonus and still need him on the roster unless something else (guessing it would have to be big) is going on.
And as much as you want to crap on the guy , he is not a 6/7th Dman. He is not a 1/2/3 either really but he is not as bad as some make it out to be. Yes he is over paid but to say he is a 6/7 is complete garbage

Reactions: Forge

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

It's not really so much that as it is that they don't have to. The devils are like 35 million below the cap. So why bother shopping that guy now unless it's a precursor to something else? It's that second part that makes this noteworthy imo

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
There is more to it than that. There is the question of why now do they want to move him when they already paid a huge bonus and still need him on the roster unless something else (guessing it would have to be big) is going on.
And as much as you want to crap on the guy , he is not a 6/7th Dman. He is not a 1/2/3 either really but he is not as bad as some make it out to be. Yes he is over paid but to say he is a 6/7 is complete garbage

he is a Bottom pairing defenseman, and a bad one at that.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Subban with some retention for Koskinen+rights to Larsson.
Theres better out there and the Devils are likely looking for someone better than Koskinen to be the 1b to Blackwood. Larsson I don't think would succeed in Ruff's system either too much reliance on skating. Same reason he failed under Hynes

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
There are no personality issues.

no offense, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about. just this past season, after a devils loss, he had the audacity to eat dinner. in a restaurant. and what's worse, he took a picture with the guys he was eating with after. what followed was a teamwide closed door meeting, where they discussed acceptable sustenance after a loss- i believe they decided on lunchables, squirrel meat or shepard's pie going forward.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Devils:
Rights to Lauzon
Draft pick. This is where you even the ask(thinking second?)
Retain 33%

Bruins:
Subban

March and subban seem to be buds. Still serviceable and will help fill a 4 slot. I think subban has lots to give still and needs a change of pace.

Lauzon would have been lost to Seattle. Unprotect debrusk. Force Seattle to take zboril/Ritchie.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
PK Subban certainly isn't what he used to be but he's far from done.

He was pretty decent this year and ate ate up a lot of tough minutes

He average 22:22 of Ice Time
He had 19 points in 44 games
He was a 51.3 CF% on a team that gave up almost 40 more goals than they scored.

Not pretending he is something special at this stage of career, but some of the comments are just way off base on his level of play.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Subban sucks. who would want to touch that contract unless there is a huge overpayment by the devils to take this albatross off of their cap

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Let the rumours of Subban to TORONTO begin.

leafs dont have cap space to take this contract.

shouldnt montreal rumours be something that should begin given weber is done for next season; price having hip surgery and danault probably signing with kraken?

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Unless the Devils are trying to sign Dougie Hamilton, I can’t imagine them moving Subban for cap purposes and lack of RD depth. Frankly, they can both exist on the roster and the Devils would still have a lot of cap space for 2021-22.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Unless the Devils are trying to sign Dougie Hamilton, I can’t imagine them moving Subban for cap purposes and lack of RD depth. Frankly, they can both exist on the roster and the Devils would still have a lot of cap space for 2021-22.

We going big, baby! Dougie. Lehner. Tarasenko. We going to bring Clarkson back just to pay him money too!

Reactions: Lateralous

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
to me this seems like something Ottawa would jump at. Cap hit higher than real money owed and Subban has a big personality that can move merch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad