Rumor: Devils looking to move Subban?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think Subban at 50% retention will get a 2nd at the deadline, given Tampa's 2nd is probably worth less than everyone else's how does Tampa outbid that offer?

I don't think Subban will get a 1st today, but I could see something like a 1st to NJ for Subban at 25%, NJ gives a 4th to a team to eat 25% happening if the acquiring team is unwilling to add picks to get someone to eat 25%. That would be a smaller return than what Savard got.

Subban isn't worth a 1st round pick even at 50% retained.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
99453092-7-F62-47-A3-A2-D9-481-A5-B26-BE49.jpg

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Doubt he has much value even with max retention at the moment. Best bet for the Devils is too hang on to him and hope he can put an ok season together and sell him off around the trading deadline.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Subban isn't worth a 1st round pick even at 50% retained.

* 44 games
* 19 pts (prorates to 35 pts)
* 5 goals (prorates to 9 goals)
* 5 PP points (26% of total production).
* 52% D zone starts with 51.3% Corsi for
* 50% retention = $4.5M

35 pts with 9 goals at $4.5M. Lets see what kind of season he has but if he has those numbers or higher at the deadline, that is worth a late 1st to some teams but it's borderline worth a 2nd and B prospect. Subban is not the guy he was in his prime but I feel fans are exaggerating how low he he gone. Typical

Would anybody trade a 1st now? Probably not cause it's rare to trade one even with protection before the season starts. You have to quantify your 1st round value which varies from top 10 to bottom 10 or 15.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
* 44 games
* 19 pts (prorates to 35 pts)
* 5 goals (prorates to 9 goals)
* 5 PP points (26% of total production).
* 52% D zone starts with 51.3% Corsi for
* 50% retention = $4.5M

35 pts with 9 goals at $4.5M. Lets see what kind of season he has but if he has those numbers or higher at the deadline, that is worth a late 1st to some teams but it's borderline worth a 2nd and B prospect. Subban is not the guy he was in his prime but I feel fans are exaggerating how low he he gone. Typical

Would anybody trade a 1st now? Probably not cause it's rare to trade one even with protection before the season starts. You have to quantify your 1st round value which varies from top 10 to bottom 10 or 15.
Yeah, I don’t think a lot of people on the boards were thinking Nick Foligno would cost a 1st and two 4ths but he did.

But it’s September and the TDL is six months from now. (Or whenever it’s scheduled.) Subban could be playing worst hockey of life or killing it. Life is full of surprises.

And he’s only making 2m in salary, so it’s easy enough to get a 3rd team to do retention because it would be very little real money.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, I don’t think a lot of people on the boards were thinking Nick Foligno would cost a 1st and two 4ths but he did.

But it’s September and the TDL is six months from now. (Or whenever it’s scheduled.) Subban could be playing worst hockey of life or killing it. Life is full of surprises.

And he’s only making 2m in salary, so it’s easy enough to get a 3rd team to do retention because it would be very little real money.

Contract year and he and Lindsay broke up which probably gave him reason to focus on training. I think he is coming in hot this year with lots of energy and he will have a rebound year. He's more like 75% or 66% of who he use to be. Not 50% or 33% of what you see from fan comments cause the herd or bandwagon likes to spin it.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
We ain’t getting nothing for him, might as well just ride it out. Money isn’t really a issue
We paid him a 6m signing bonus in the off-season so giving him away right now wouldn’t make much sense in terms of money.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Marner???
This is a joke, right? Subban isn’t a Norris candidate anymore and his value is at an all time low. Marner has been playing at a 90+ pt pace for awhile and hasn’t even turned 25 yet. I’d take a shot on Subban but I’d ask for retention and wouldn’t move much more than Kerfoot and some picks for him. And that’s being generous as far as I’m concerned.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
NJ just don't have a need to move him. There's nobody behind him on the right side, the money isn't an issue for NJ, and he was actually pretty solid defensively last year. Unless someone really wants him to the point of they offer something of actual relevance, which they won't because of his salary, there's no need to move him from a NJ perspective.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
One of the most overrated players ever. I never understood why he got so much attention.
Dude chose the wrong position to play. Should have gone forward.

Still a decent 2nd pairing option that logged 22:22 last season (only 7 seconds behind Severson for most ATOI). Probably not worth a $4.5M cap hit, but not that big of a risk for teams to take for only one season as he may do better with less minutes in a contract year.

He can log all the minutes he wants he's still awful. He's a bottom D-pairing guy now.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Buffalo may or may not need him to reach the lower limit.

A good contract for the penny pinching pegulas. They may even have you retain some salary too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad