Rumor: Devils looking to move Subban?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I know hes not what he used to be but if he is playing for 1 more contract next year, then he may not be the worst acquisition of the offseason as long as his contract is significantly retained. He would pretty much be a rental 2nd/3rd pairing PP.

There could even be a middle team out there willing to retain an addional 25-50% to bring his cap hit to 2.25-3.5 mil. So it can become feasible for many teams to take the gamble.

It does seem like the type of move the Leafs would be all over and fail miserably.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I was a big fan of Subban in the past, but you can't expect even moderate value for him, even with 1 year and few dollars left.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
People here can't wrap their heads around Subban @ 50% would be right around what teams pay for 3-4 defensemen which is exactly what Subban is on a contending team, and he's being paid under 2 million a season for 1 season... If the Devils were to trade him it would be for assets not a cap dump

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
I'd take him on the wild at 50% retained for this one year when we have extra cap space.

Would Pittsburghs 3rd this year be enough?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Weber doesn't retire and plans to be back for 2022-2023 season, i would take Subban at full cap with a big sweetener attached. Like a 1st or good prospect.

Why? Subbans contract is an anchor.

Habs unlikely to take him back but I think a very late second does it. There are other better solution out there if we give up assets.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Good luck New Jersey....
What’s their to not understand ? I hate posts like this and the idiotic “ in other news water is wet “ good one . Try reading and thinking .
He is a 3/4 dman on a contender that has one year left with only 2 million owed in real dollars . At 50 % retention it is player snd contact that has positive value . Not substantial but by no means is a negative asset at max retention .

Reactions: HBK27

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I mean they should've been looking to move him for a long time now, not sure how this is news lol

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
People here can't wrap their heads around Subban @ 50% would be right around what teams pay for 3-4 defensemen which is exactly what Subban is on a contending team, and he's being paid under 2 million a season for 1 season... If the Devils were to trade him it would be for assets not a cap dump

A third team both retaining 50% is interesting. He probably has more left in the tank than Keith and at 75% retained he's on a much better contract. Should get a Keith return +. Could be a risk worth taking for a team wanting to make a run.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...again, his back & neck are supposedly in bad shape...anyone looking at PK (and I personally love the guy) needs to go over his Medical Records with a fine-toothed comb to make sure he can still play...

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Low salary, high cap hit?

tokiBjiCAdsiPCWIrh0Ug6tCNvYLSfAUI85dWKOiSaZcVT8g6uU_ZB08PjGi6y_yPKJteIXsaN0lf_0m4RMr6eVdThSyO7nduni9xjBG6X2wQTD-w2gU8_ImP1l91rUwJTseWJrJpnPemWVNGcsw8pa1Ur_Q_u71tqBsP0AozQ

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
So Subban's personality would be an issue on a winning, contending team with lots of experience...that would also have strong veteran leadership, but it's not an issue on a very young team? That makes zero sense.

It’s actually hilarious to watch people twist themselves into a pretzel trying to down PK for his “personality”. Read between the lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad