Rumor: Dave Pagnotta of the 4th Period- Canucks getting plenty of calls/offers on JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Canucks need a top RHD Prospect

A Extremely late 1st + Good forward prospect, and 2 cap Dumps + a 2nd rounder is not even remotely close for JT miller.
Legit might be the worst offer I have seen in weeks.

JT Miller is basically a PPG Top Line 3 Position player, Who is incredible on the faceoffs, and has a stupidly good Contract at 5m Per for a couple years.
Going to take a fortune to get him
Which is why he isn’t going before NHL draft.Cap is uncertain with Canadian teams not having fans in the building or limit. He has a year left after this one and not many contenders can take on that contract. Canucks are better offering him at draft getting a better offer when the cap is clear next season and team acquiring him can extend him. I see Devils offering their first plus for him if they can extend him.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I’m sure Rangers fans want EP for Greg McKegg but it’s not happening. I feel the whole point of forums on here is to be realistic but it’s clear every Canucks/Rangers thread results in garbage slinging for some weird reason.
You say this, yet your first post in this thread was this garbage:

Nah Canucks fans want more. They want Rangers to give up Adam Fox Kappo Kakko and 3 1sts

Tell me who started the garbage slinging here?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
It’s a lot more than what Pagnotta quoted, dermott isn’t a cap dump, Ritchie is.
1st + top prospect + younger roster player (Dermott) he’s not a RHD, but has played RD this season adequately. Ritchies a big body Gm’s usually love. He’s been bad in TO, but could figure it out. admittedly he’s to balance cap and more likely than not Vancouver is going to have to take back some cap, good teams generally don’t have space. Conditional 2nd I’d be okay with easing conditions on like conference finals either season vs cup final.
In the end Van potentially gets 2 1sts, a young roster D, a top prospect and a replacement forward.
Did you not see the 50% ret on miller? Miller at 2.5M returns 2 1sts +. See Blake Coleman to tampa bay

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Did you not see the 50% ret on miller? Miller at 2.5M returns 2 1sts +. See Blake Coleman to tampa bay
Nolan Foote · $0 (AHL/JR)
2020 1st round pick (VAN - #20 - Shakir Mukhamadullin) [Conditional]*
*Conditions: If Vancouver's pick is a lottery pick, the 2020 1st round pick will transfer to a 2021 1st round pick instead.

Result: New Jersey will receive Vancouver's 2020 1st round pick

so that 2nd 1st was 27th overall in the 2019 draft (Nolan Foote)

so offer I seen is 2x 1sts + young roster player + a replacement player + conditional pick

2022 TOR 1st
Robertson(2nd)/Amirov(15th overall)
Dermott(young player)
Ritchie(cap dump)
2nd (Conditional that could turn into 2023 TOR 1st if they make Cup Final in 2022 or 2023 playoffs)

I'm pretty sure that checks all the boxes in the end could be 3 1sts depending who you choose between Robertson or Amirov

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Are they looking to move him, though? Unless it’s for help on the backend, I hold onto him for the stretch run.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I see a first+ a recently taken 1st prospect plus two plug in roster players that are RFA aged plus another top 60 pick that has a chance at being a top 32 pick. that’s considerably more no?

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Canes, Panthers, Bolts, Pens, Bruins and Rangers would prob be the teams I would call out East as they all have the ability to make a decent run this year in the playoffs

I wonder if the canes would part with Necas + for Miller at 40% retained.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
one is the top half of the line up, one is the 25tb quartile. That is a heck of a difference, words matter and the details in semantics can be important .

He's a top 6 forward and I did say he is very good, teams will no doubt call about Miller. That is nowhere near a negative comment on Miller but some want to nit pick the top 6 narrative. Some top 6 forwards are better than others yes. I didn't say he was a below average top 6F. Far from it. Nit pick gang at it again

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Um, horvat has a year left. I have no idea why you are trading Rossi and lambos for two players who are both free agents next year
how long is millers contract? you may want to check again. would you not make this trade simply because of homerism and loving those prospects or does the uncertainty of them not being he after their contracts scare you that much?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The scary part is that JT Miller I’ve been so damn good for Vancouver, a lot of Vancouver fans including myself will keep him over a guy like Elias Patterson right now.

EP40 would get a fortune as well, Due to his age, and potential.

JT Miller tho There’s a player right now, you absolutely cannot trade for anything less than a massive deal.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
so offer I seen is 2x 1sts + young roster player + a replacement player + conditional pick

2022 TOR 1st
Robertson(2nd)/Amirov(15th overall)
Dermott(young player)
Ritchie(cap dump)
2nd (Conditional that could turn into 2023 TOR 1st if they make Cup Final in 2022 or 2023 playoffs)

I'm pretty sure that checks all the boxes in the end could be 3 1sts depending who you choose between Robertson or Amirov

The issue with your offer is that it’s not very enticing for the Canucks in terms of actual assets. A likely late 1st and more winger prospects isn’t exactly enticing. A young, RH’ed shot d-man and a young center that can slot into a 3rd line center role right now would be much more appealing.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
how long is millers contract? you may want to check again. would you not make this trade simply because of homerism and loving those prospects or does the uncertainty of them not being he after their contracts scare you that much?
JT Miller contract ends next year so does Horvat. Minnesota didn't trade Rossi for eichel, and you think they would for rentals they can't resigned? Respectfully look it up. Horvat is no longer that good. Minnesota will have to resign 30 years old Miller to long term contract, bo to long term contract which Minnesota will not have the cap. You are also moving Joel Eriksson Ek to 3c

Kaprizov, bo, Zuccarello
Matt boldy, jt miller, Adam Beckman
Foligno, joel Eriksson Ek, duhaime
Connor dewar, Nico sturm, Ryan Hartman
Extra; freddy G

Where's the money to resign bo and 30 years old jt? No thanks to it especially because he's not a True C either. He's more qualified for a Winger like Hartman . Suter's & Parise's buyout

Last edited:

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
The scary part is that JT Miller I’ve been so damn good for Vancouver, a lot of Vancouver fans including myself will keep him over a guy like Elias Patterson right now.

EP40 would get a fortune as well, Due to his age, and potential.

JT Miller tho There’s a player right now, you absolutely cannot trade for anything less than a massive deal.

He's literally the perfect trade chip. We're too used to buying high and selling low.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Dubas destroyed the RFA market and it looks like he has also destroyed the trade market with his Foligno trade. Pagnotta is right. Foligno as a 30 point player returned a 1st round pick, Miller as a point per game player with an extra year should return 3 first round picks

I actually think Tampa sorta of did that with Goodrow and Coleman acquisitions to create an elite 3rd line that were major parts of their cup wins.

Reactions: Jojalu

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
JT Miller contract ends next year so does boeser. Minnesota didn't trade Rossi for eichel, and you think they would for rentals they can't resigned? Respectfully look it up. Horvat is no longer that good
bo horvat, 5.5 mill through 22-23. more than a one year rental.
jt miller, 5.250 mill through 22-23, also more than 1 year rental.

horvat has 20 points in 36 games with a 56% faceoff rate. seems like he is still good.
jt miller is a ppg player with 53% faceoffs.

Eichels neck injury is the only reason Rossi was not offered. a healthy eichel and the wild would not have even blinked at offering rossi and boldy. Boeser was brought up accidently i assume??

please inform me what i am missing here outside of worrying about contracts in 23-24? i know about the dead cap, i know we have to trade players to make cap work. doesnt matter when you can solidify center depth and either create a very good top 9 or let jt miller play wing.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Please Sakic. This is your man.

Unprotected 2023 1st/2022 2nd/Barron/Compher

That might open up talks.

Would be a nice fit for Colorado imo, especially with Kari all but departing in FA this coming July.

Barron, Newhook/Jost 1st round pick and cap would be the deal that might make Canucks consider moving him this TDL.

Personally I feel the Canucks will hold on to JT as they never sell high on any player...BUT we will have a new GM soon so that philosophy might change. It would be a BOLD move but Canucks need a big trade to help turn the team around, may be JT could be Bo but I doubt they deal the C. Maybe Boeser but he won't fetch the biggest return and then there is the struggling Pettersson, who should be able to turn it around so I wouldn't trade him myself

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Miller 50% retained & Luke Schenn
22 1st + Amirov/Robertson + Dermott + Ritchie (cap) +23 2nd that becomes a 1st based on a Cup final appearance in either the 22 or 23 post-season or Miller re-upping in TML.

No thanks to helping the LAFFS, its enjoyable watching them lose EVERY post season! I literally wouldn't trade anyone who could help the Toronto unless you want Myers/Pearson/Dickinson/Hamonic type players haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad