Rumor: Dave Pagnotta of the 4th Period- Canucks getting plenty of calls/offers on JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I'd say the price that the Canucks wouldnt be able to refuse is:

1st round pick
Top Prospect ( preferably Right Shot Dman)
3rd round pick

Miller would be a massive hole to replace for the Canucks. He is the heartbeat and energy of the team a true Alpha in the dressing room.

The way he combines top end skill with grit is something perfect for the playoffs and something that lacks in the rest of the Canucks young forward core.

Better be a blue chip RD prospect or change that 3rd to another 1st.

Miller is the vocal leader and scoring leader of this team. You don't move him unless you're blown away, he'd instantly put a contender over the top especially with that cap hit for 2 playoff runs.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
You really think Miller will ask for 8 years at age of 30? He can ask but no one will give him that
If he gets 8 years the aav may be reasonable. Similar to the Landeskog Contract or even less. Like a front loaded 6.5*8 years. Maybe im off by alot who knows lol.

Reactions: Canuck86

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Miller us the type of player you trade and then when your ready to compete you say "we could really use a JT Miller type player"

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You really think Miller will ask for 8 years at age of 30? He can ask but no one will give him that
Couturier signed this off season and his deal won’t kick in until 22-23 season. 2011 draft pick like Miller but he has a late birthday.

so yes, we are looking at a long term deal for as long as he can get. Not a 3-4 year term.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Dubas destroyed the RFA market and it looks like he has also destroyed the trade market with his Foligno trade. Pagnotta is right. Foligno as a 30 point player returned a 1st round pick, Miller as a point per game player with an extra year should return 3 first round picks
I think he was wrong. Overpaying or underpaying for a guy doesn’t set the market. Miller is fantastic and on a great deal that will set the market along with a bidding war, now that will drive prices up.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Semantics. Top line players are part of top 6 forwards. I'm more inclined to talk top 6, bottom 6, and middle 6. Do you really want to make an agreement on this with the context I provided on Miller? :facepalm:

one is the top half of the line up, one is the 25tb quartile. That is a heck of a difference, words matter and the details in semantics can be important .

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Watched them for the first time all year when they played against Florida.

Miller didn't look very impressive, but Pettersson looked like shit. Boeser and Hughes were the only guys making themselves an offensive threat, and nobody on the blueline looks good in their own zone.
Miller had a rare poor game against Florida.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
The minimum price is a 1st (unprotected), a young roster player (<23 yrs old) and a blue chip prospect. Hopefully a bidding war starts and they can get more.

The needs are a right handed D-man, and a big Centre. No more wingers.

Reactions: Canuck86

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
of course we do, why wouldn’t we want that?
I’m sure Rangers fans want EP for Greg McKegg but it’s not happening. I feel the whole point of forums on here is to be realistic but it’s clear every Canucks/Rangers thread results in garbage slinging for some weird reason.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Miller 50% retained & Luke Schenn
22 1st + Amirov/Robertson + Dermott + Ritchie (cap) +23 2nd that becomes a 1st based on a Cup final appearance in either the 22 or 23 post-season or Miller re-upping in TML.

Reactions: elitepete

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Watched them for the first time all year when they played against Florida.

Miller didn't look very impressive, but Pettersson looked like shit. Boeser and Hughes were the only guys making themselves an offensive threat, and nobody on the blueline looks good in their own zone.
First game I ever saw Crosby play, He was -2 and had no points.
Guy sucks
/confirmed

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
22 1st + Amirov/Robertson + Dermott + Ritchie (cap) +23 2nd that becomes a 1st based on a Cup final appearance in either the 22 or 23 post-season or Miller re-upping in TML.
Canucks need a top RHD Prospect

A Extremely late 1st + Good forward prospect, and 2 cap Dumps + a 2nd rounder is not even remotely close for JT miller.
Legit might be the worst offer I have seen in weeks.

JT Miller is basically a PPG Top Line 3 Position player, Who is incredible on the faceoffs, and has a stupidly good Contract at 5m Per for a couple years.
Going to take a fortune to get him

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Canucks need a top RHD Prospect

A Extremely late 1st + Good forward prospect, and 2 cap Dumps + a 2nd rounder is not even remotely close for JT miller.
Legit might be the worst offer I have seen in weeks.

JT Miller is basically a PPG Top Line 3 Position player, Who is incredible on the faceoffs, and has a stupidly good Contract at 5m Per for a couple years.
Going to take a fortune to get him
It’s a lot more than what Pagnotta quoted, dermott isn’t a cap dump, Ritchie is.
1st + top prospect + younger roster player (Dermott) he’s not a RHD, but has played RD this season adequately. Ritchies a big body Gm’s usually love. He’s been bad in TO, but could figure it out. admittedly he’s to balance cap and more likely than not Vancouver is going to have to take back some cap, good teams generally don’t have space. Conditional 2nd I’d be okay with easing conditions on like conference finals either season vs cup final.
In the end Van potentially gets 2 1sts, a young roster D, a top prospect and a replacement forward.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
You can’t have a pick conditional on a player re-signing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad