Rumor: Dave Pagnotta of the 4th Period- Canucks getting plenty of calls/offers on JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
So draft a RD with one of the two firsts I offered, or with your own. Top end RHD don’t get moved in trades, you draft them usually in the top 5-10. the deal is more than the suggested trade value would be by Pagnotta, only because it’s a Leaf offer does everyone shit on it.
the first is always going to be a late one regardless of the team offering it. my offer is more than the Eichel deal.

Or they could seek out a better trade that involves pieces the Canucks need more? Amirov/Robertson have value no question, but it’s doubtful the Canucks are going to value them higher in such a trade than a comparable center/defenseman.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Vancity96

Apr 13, 2014
Young RHD, high end RHD prospect or a high first round pick has to be the centerpiece imo. Otherwise I think the we should keep him.

If we trade him for anything else, it shows the team that we are going for a rebuild rather than a retool, and you would likely see Horvat and others walk too.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Miller 50% retained & Luke Schenn
22 1st + Amirov/Robertson + Dermott + Ritchie (cap) +23 2nd that becomes a 1st based on a Cup final appearance in either the 22 or 23 post-season or Miller re-upping in TML.
I think you need to do better because thats a very low first.

so it would be 1st + 2nd + Amirov + Robertson + Dermott at the minimum. I dont see Leafs 1st that valuable and Amirov and Robertson arent really such a great prospect.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Minnesota for Greenway, Addison and a pick.
A middle 6 winger that doesn't produce offensively and an undersized offensive rhd that might be a top 4 but hasn't really shown that he is that at the NHL yet, and an ambiguous pick. For a top 30 NHL scoring, all situations C. If this is the best offer, he is not being traded.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Young RHD, high end RHD prospect or a high first round pick has to be the centerpiece imo. Otherwise I think the we should keep him.

If we trade him for anything else, it shows the team that we are going for a rebuild rather than a retool, and you would likely see Horvat and others walk too.
Likely the 1st round pick would be in the 20’s/ early 30’s…. A contending team. But sure if we can get one in the late teens, even better.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker (for god sake) got 1st, Addison and galchenyuk…. JT should get something similar (if not a little better). Not that galchenyuk amounted to much but he was like 25 at the time. So sure maybe we won’t get a 23 yr old but a roster player around 25 isn’t an unreasonable ask. I am sure some team will pay this, if wild won’t.
I'm sort of on your side as to Miller's value(and a Wild fan), but Galchenyuk was considered a cap dump in that deal. He was essentially, Victor Rask. I don't think that MN will be in on Miller because they simply can't afford to carry his cap hit after this year. As is, one of Fiala, Dumba, or Zuccarello might have to be traded in the summer(I am betting Fiala, for a variety of reasons) just to get under the cap.
Miller would be a better fit on a team that can take his cap hit going forward.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
A middle 6 winger that doesn't produce offensively and an undersized offensive rhd that might be a top 4 but hasn't really shown that he is that at the NHL yet, and an ambiguous pick. For a top 30 NHL scoring, all situations C. If this is the best offer, he is not being traded.
I think he gets traded. I doubt he re-signs in Canada and waiting will only lessen what they can expect as a return.

Greenway is a 24 year old 6'6 winger that has averaged around 30 points in limited roles in Minnesota. Addison is one of Minnesota's top prospects and currently breaking into the NHL at RD, which is a position of need in Vancouver. And the 'ambiguous' pick is likely a 1st. Didn't bother looking at what picks they own since picks don't generally add anything to the proposal.

A year and a half of JT Miller probably doesn't bring you much more than a couple 1sts or a 1st and two 2nds.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I think he gets traded. I doubt he re-signs in Canada and waiting will only lessen what they can expect as a return.

Greenway is a 24 year old 6'6 winger that has averaged around 30 points in limited roles in Minnesota. Addison is one of Minnesota's top prospects and currently breaking into the NHL at RD, which is a position of need in Vancouver. And the 'ambiguous' pick is likely a 1st. Didn't bother looking at what picks they own since picks don't generally add anything to the proposal.

A year and a half of JT Miller probably doesn't bring you much more than a couple 1sts or a 1st and two 2nds.
Again, I know who these players are, their value does not equal Miller. Do you think Greenway is going to supplant Boeser, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander? He isn't getting more opportunity on wing for the the Canucks. Addison is now in his D+4 season. He has played in 9 NHL games and has 1 point and a -2. He is undersized and isn't showing anything to make him stand out as a prospect. Canucks can't be trading away thier best asset for a 3rd line winger and an okay defensive prospect.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

I think we’d strongly consider a couple 1sts or 1st plus a couple 2nds too. Funny when you say “probably doesn’t bring you much more than…” to me that’s still quite a bit.

Obviously we’d like a RHD prospect that’s closer to playing then drafting one and waiting. But hey that’s a first world problem in the larger scheme of things.

Reactions: belair

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The issue with your offer is that it’s not very enticing for the Canucks in terms of actual assets. A likely late 1st and more winger prospects isn’t exactly enticing. A young, RH’ed shot d-man and a young center that can slot into a 3rd line center role right now would be much more appealing.
not my offer just seen it, and also seen to view the Coleman trade as an example. well whats the difference? except Leafs want Luke Schenn as well. the offer trumps what Coleman got

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Man, if I am the NYR, I am comfortable moving 2022 1st, Lundkvist, Chytil for Miller. I'd probably swap Chytil with another F prospect they want.

Lundkvist is a name that has been mentioned in Vancouver as a piece that might intrigue the Canucks.

I' m not really so sure though.

Can the Canucks be successful moving forward having 3 undersized Dmen in their D core ?

Hughes
Lundkvist
Rathbone

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hasn't Miller been the Canucks' best player since they got him? He's a big body who plays a heavy game. He brings mean and high compete. He's a leader. He plays all three forward spots. He puts up a PPG. He's in his prime and on a great contract for another full year.
Why in the heck would Vancouver trade him?

It's been covered ad nauseum in this thread.

1. Vancouver is not even close to being a contender. They should be sellers at the TDL.
2. Vancouver still needs to significantly retool their roster if there are to be any hopes of reaching contender status.
3. JT Miller, especially at 50% retained, should net a very strong return from a contending team.
4. Miller is a pending UFA in 1.5 years, at which point he'll be 30. The Canucks will need to make a decision on whether or not they should even keep him at that point (and that's assuming he would even want to re-sign).

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Lundkvist is a name that has been mentioned in Vancouver as a piece that might intrigue the Canucks.

I' m not really so sure though.

Can the Canucks be successful moving forward having 3 undersized Dmen in their D core ?

Hughes
Lundkvist
Rathbone

Yes. Yes you can. As long as they're good defensemen, I don't really care how big they are.

Lundkvist + 1st + Chytil is about as strong an offer as I've seen from fans of other teams.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Again, I know who these players are, their value does not equal Miller. Do you think Greenway is going to supplant Boeser, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander? He isn't getting more opportunity on wing for the the Canucks. Addison is now in his D+4 season. He has played in 9 NHL games and has 1 point and a -2. He is undersized and isn't showing anything to make him stand out as a prospect. Canucks can't be trading away thier best asset for a 3rd line winger and an okay defensive prospect.
Yes, I believe Greenway would play above Hoglander and Podkolzin at evens unless there's some chemistry that I'm not aware of. The only natural LW you named there to my knowledge was Hoglander. The only other capable of playing top six effectively is Greenway. There's a need there.

I'm not suggesting he's a gamebreaker in any way, but he's a cost-controlled mid-20s forward who offsets some of the offense lost.

I think we’d strongly consider a couple 1sts or 1st plus a couple 2nds too. Funny when you say “probably doesn’t bring you much more than…” to me that’s still quite a bit.

Obviously we’d like a RHD prospect that’s closer to playing then drafting one and waiting. But hey that’s a first world problem in the larger scheme of things.
My point is isolate those players and that's essentially what you're getting in terms of cost-controlled assets.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Yes, I believe Greenway would play above Hoglander and Podkolzin at evens unless there's some chemistry that I'm not aware of. The only natural LW you named there to my knowledge was Hoglander. The only other capable of playing top six effectively is Greenway. There's a need there.

I'm not suggesting he's a gamebreaker in any way, but he's a cost-controlled mid-20s forward who offsets some of the offense lost.

My point is isolate those players and that's essentially what you're getting in terms of cost-controlled assets.
You clearly haven't watched either Podz or Hog. Greenway is the definition of a 3rd line winger. By 24 players are sorta set as to what they are. His 30 points is not off setting the 80pts from Miller. Poorly thought out proposal no matter how many times you respond. Greenway....I'm looking around for the camera's and someone to jump out from behind a bookshelf telling me I've been punked.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Man, if I am the NYR, I am comfortable moving 2022 1st, Lundkvist, Chytil for Miller. I'd probably swap Chytil with another F prospect they want.

right now the ask would be an offer that basically knock Rutherford's socks off. He wouldn't even be available if the canucks survive the eastern roadtrip at .500.

If NYR want Miller back, the first piece would likely be Schneider instead of Lundkvist, 2022 1st and Kravtsov?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Yes. Yes you can. As long as they're good defensemen, I don't really care how big they are.

Lundkvist + 1st + Chytil is about as strong an offer as I've seen from fans of other teams.

I'm not so convinced:

Previous Cup Champs

Tampa- No regular Dman under 6'0
St L Blues- No regular Dman under 6'0. Vince Dunn is was their smallest Dman, He is listed 6'0-6'1
Washington Caps- No regular Dman under 6'0- Orlov was their smallest and he is listed at 6'0
Pittsburgh Pens- 1 Regular Dman under 6-0. Trevor Daley listed at 5'11
Chicago Blackhawks- 1 regular Dman under 6'0- Kimo Timonnen is 5-11

Thats almost a decade of the the last Stanley Cup Champions not having more than 1 guy under 6 feet on their D core.

You're suggesting the Canucks carry 3.

Hughes - 5'10
Rathbone - 5'10
Lundqvist- 5'11

Reactions: EVDV

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You clearly haven't watched either Podz or Hog. Greenway is the definition of a 3rd line winger. By 24 players are sorta set as to what they are. His 30 points is not off setting the 80pts from Miller. Poorly thought out proposal no matter how many times you respond. Greenway....I'm looking around for the camera's and someone to jump out from behind a bookshelf telling me I've been punked.
Except JT Miller. Weak argument.

Nobody will offset the production given up when you trade a primary offensive player. Because other teams won't give you one in return.

The purpose of trading a guy like Miller is to create organizational depth and add younger assets who will thrive in the positions you place them in. This proposal is just that.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
You think you got ripped off?

you got Addison and lambos (was the 1st round pick)… galchenyuk was basically nothing.

anyways not going to keep arguing. We clearly disagree on this. Time will tell. Canucks may just keep Miller as he’s been very valuable.

Wild could still use that top line centre, is all. Which will cost something. But maybe just wait for Rossi to hopefully fill that void.

I said Pittsburgh got ripped off, & JT isn't a top line C at all! He's a Winger playing c. Not to compare players, because I am not but in terms of position, Hartman is a Winger playing C

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Miller was playing on wing earlier, but he takes the draws. He has also been our 1C for a while now once we realize that our incumbent 1C still hasnt returned from whatever planet he was on this off season.

Reactions: Canuck86

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I said Pittsburgh got ripped off, & JT isn't a top line C at all! He's a Winger playing c. Not to compare players, because I am not but in terms of position, Hartman is a Winger playing C
My apologies I mis-read.

Anyway you want to cut it Miller is a high end centre/winger. Some teams (like wild) he’d easily slide into 1st line. Other teams maybe 2nd line. I am not here to bash you or your opinion. I just think you’re evaluation of Miller is off.

He will easily get a 1st + or 2 1sts or 1st + 2nd +

Someone will pay the toll if they really want him. Not many others that bring the same versatility this deadline.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Both have shown more ability to play in the top 6 then Greenway, a player who would be completely redundant on our team.

I would think we could get more for Miller than assets we don't really need, even the 1st will be low.

Add to that another undersized Dman who was drafted 3 years ago and can't make the big club, no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad