Rumor: Dave Pagnotta of the 4th Period- Canucks getting plenty of calls/offers on JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Man, if I am the NYR, I am comfortable moving 2022 1st, Lundkvist, Chytil for Miller. I'd probably swap Chytil with another F prospect they want.

This is the exact ask I wanted from NYR on the Canucks board. We'll do 50% salary retention if you include Lafrieniere instead of Chytil. You can have Halak as a throw in.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
This is the exact ask I wanted from NYR on the Canucks board. We'll do 50% salary retention if you include Lafrieniere instead of Chytil. You can have Halak as a throw in.
yeah if NYR wants to trade Chytil, Lafferenier ans Lundkvist to us plus that 1st round pick, we will throw in Halak and retain on Miller. Would be a nice haul for Canucks if they can get that return.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Jon Cooper's team had a lot of depth where Verheage and Miller were forced to play 4th line. AV is a dumb coach and he also had Burrows and Kesler playing 3rd or 4th line before they broke out. It speaks volumes of what happens when you give a player like Miller top line minutes, nothinv regarding his character unless you are implying Cooper and AV are bad coaches lol.
Miller was traded to Tampa replacing Vlad on that top line. Rangers had depth as well when JT was on them. I’m not implying Cooper or AV are bad coaches just they were tired of JT antics. Funny the one coach who played him in top 6 is the guy Canucks fans said was the worst coach ever. All I know is Jeff Gorton and Stevie Y sold him cheaply and it’s not because of his skill level. I know Rangers traded him because they were tired of him crying cursing like a little baby when things went south.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
He's a top 6 forward and I did say he is very good, teams will no doubt call about Miller. That is nowhere near a negative comment on Miller but some want to nit pick the top 6 narrative. Some top 6 forwards are better than others yes. I didn't say he was a below average top 6F. Far from it. Nit pick gang at it again

no, it seems more that your the one tied up in it. It appears you have to have the last word and you have to be right. It also appears you would justify your opinion to the end of the earth if called upon, as you continue to do here. It is you not picking to maintain your argument which doesn’t jive with the broader understanding of a top 6 forward on these boards which is to day a second line player. I guess Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosby are all or where all technically top 12 forwards during the prime of there careers on there team. I mean, technically I am correct, don’t challenge me.

Feb 19, 2018
JR said they dont plan on trading picks like candy, didnt say they will trade their best players for picks. That would be dumb if they did, unless they want a rebuild. It takes like 3 to 4 years minimum for that pick to make the NHL and that is if they got everything right.
Picks are extremely valuable in a cap era. Cost controlled assets who end up being a RFA until about 27/28 are probably the highest value you can acquire. You also get the cap space to sign or acquire a great asset for cheap or even free.

Feb 19, 2018
What if it was couple of 2nd round picks and a bag of pucks? would you still be excited?
That wouldn’t be the case though. Also forgot the 16-17 million in cap space you save by adding picks, while dumping salary. That’s a lot of money to fill holes until those prospects develop. Then you trade those assets for more picks and do it all over again until you create depth. Asset management 101

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I dont think JT miller is going to get traded for anyone less then

-A young C/D who has top 4/6 upside and is already in the NHL. IE, Jarvis/Carrier Etc
- A pick depending on the quality of the above asset
- another grade B prospect ( someone who is trending in the right direction but is 2/3 years away) IE Scott Morrow

Ill use Carolina as an example

Jarvis, Morrow, 3rd

For

JT Miller (some retention)

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Dubas can't control what other teams do. It doesn't matter what he paid for Foligno. Other teams can hold out for a similar haul for a similar player, but if nobody is buying at that price, then the prices drop and normalize. Same thing with RFA price. Other agents can show what Marner got, but the GM's can tell them to stuff it and let them sit out. One or two players does not make market. It's weak to blame one GM.
Agreed. No one in their right mind uses a Dubas trade as a comparable. Just because one unqualified dweeb overpaid for a player does not mean any actual GM should be expected to do the same.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I dont think JT miller is going to get traded for anyone less then

-A young C/D who has top 4/6 upside and is already in the NHL. IE, Jarvis/Carrier Etc
- A pick depending on the quality of the above asset
- another grade B prospect ( someone who is trending in the right direction but is 2/3 years away) IE Scott Morrow

Ill use Carolina as an example

Jarvis, Morrow, 3rd

For

JT Miller (some retention)
Necas and Keane maybe but not Jarvis and Morrow. Doubt Canes with both of those gems for someone with one more year of control. I get its an example and not a final proposal.

Last edited:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Jarvis was the pick the canes got in that Marceau deal, dubie gonna dubie. He gives out 1st rd picks like candy

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Why is Eichel being compared here...

A. Eichel had a neck issue he wanted treated his way only, JT does NOT have that neck issue

B. Eichel has a cap hit of 10m...JT is 5.25m for the same production!

C. JT won't cost Eichel's 10m to re sign when he needs a new deal

D. Stop f***ing comparing Eichel to JT Miller for trade value, the are similar PT producing players, 1 cost 4.75m more and had a never before done on a hockey player neck surgery...I am sure he will be fine but long term with the hitting etc, nobody knows about his durability

likash

Apr 17, 2019
What's with all these garbage offers? You guys know that Jimbo is not GM anymore? You have to pay premium for a player like Miller who is on a steal of a contract untill 2023.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
The Canucks simply will not be getting either of those players, full stop. And this is coming from a Vancouverite.
Which is pretty much my point—unless another GM is willing to put up that caliber of player. The Canucks ought to avoid trading Miller for the sake of trading Miller.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
That wouldn’t be the case though. Also forgot the 16-17 million in cap space you save by adding picks, while dumping salary. That’s a lot of money to fill holes until those prospects develop. Then you trade those assets for more picks and do it all over again until you create depth. Asset management 101
Yeah a lot of money to sign what? 10 million dollar UFAs? Thats not how you build a contender. You treat NHL like its a video game, there is so much more than that, which you are missing. We could also trade everyone on the team for prospect and picks and have 70 million of cap space. You really think all UFAs want to sign with Canucks? They usually sign with a good team or a contender and if they sign with a mediocre team then they will ask for the moon. Also all those oicks and prosoects take time and luck. Hughes didnt get drafted and didnt develop overnight.

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah a lot of money to sign what? 10 million dollar UFAs? Thats not how you build a contender. You treat NHL like its a video game, there is so much more than that, which you are missing. We could also trade everyone on the team for prospect and picks and have 70 million of cap space. You really think all UFAs want to sign with Canucks? They usually sign with a good team or a contender and if they sign with a mediocre team then they will ask for the moon. Also all those oicks and prosoects take time and luck. Hughes didnt get drafted and didnt develop overnight.
Teams will give you assets if you can take a player, cap space is everything to contending teams and there are about 12 I’d say in the NHL. You can also take advantage and get great players for cheap while you let picks etc develop.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Teams will give you assets if you can take a player, cap space is everything to contending teams and there are about 12 I’d say in the NHL. You can also take advantage and get great players for cheap while you let picks etc develop.
Is your plan to rebuild or to contend for playoffs? You cant do both at same time, you know that? If they want to rebuild then sure, they can trade their best players for picks and prospects and wait for them to develop and bring them up slowly.
IF they want to contend for the cup then they wont trade their best players and if they did, it would be for similar caliber players having the same cap hit. You cant do a half a## job of trading some good players and deveoping prospects while also leaving the future of players like Demko, Hughes and Petersson hanging in the air and hoping they sign their next contract with canucks. They might also just sign with another team as FA or ask for a trade like Eichel. When I tell you that asset management isnt like EA sports, am talking about these aspects. But you can still debate about it all you like, it just not a good plan and will end similar to Buffalo Sabers.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Miller was traded to Tampa replacing Vlad on that top line. Rangers had depth as well when JT was on them. I’m not implying Cooper or AV are bad coaches just they were tired of JT antics. Funny the one coach who played him in top 6 is the guy Canucks fans said was the worst coach ever. All I know is Jeff Gorton and Stevie Y sold him cheaply and it’s not because of his skill level. I know Rangers traded him because they were tired of him crying cursing like a little baby when things went south.

If Rangers traded Miller because he just yells some bad words then its really stupid of them. Also Tampa traded Miller for a high price and they only did the trade due to cap space. Are you trying to make Miller look bad? He has been a leader on the Canucks so far and I dont care about his past prior to being a Canuck but I never saw him as a troublemaker and actually thought he was a really good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad