Rumor: Dave Pagnotta of the 4th Period- Canucks getting plenty of calls/offers on JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I don’t know if Tampa wants to do it but JT Miller retained for Cernak and a prospect like Jack Thompson or Dylan Duke? I’d be more than happy with that, that’s Hughes’ partner for the next decade. I take it the semantics of a trade for a guy they gave up a year ago wouldn’t be seen highly by the fanbase.

I don’t see much from Florida or Colorado that I’d want in a return for JT. Straight picks are way too risky for me, especially with a core already getting to their mid 20’s.

Diablo2020

Feb 11, 2020
Calgary
Miller @ 2.625
For
Studnicka, Beecher, Lysell, 1st

-Much needed RH center
-Decent center prospect
-Great winger prospect
-1st to draft a defenseman

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Miller @ 2.625
For

-Much needed RH center
-Decent center prospect
-Great winger prospect
It’s definitely an interesting offer but you don’t have the cap space.

I’d be interested in something around:

Miller retained to 3.675

For

Debrusk (equal cap)
Lysell
1st
3rd

We take cap back but retain less, get back a few magic beans and a mismanaged forward?

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
If Rangers traded Miller because he just yells some bad words then its really stupid of them. Also Tampa traded Miller for a high price and they only did the trade due to cap space. Are you trying to make Miller look bad? He has been a leader on the Canucks so far and I dont care about his past prior to being a Canuck but I never saw him as a troublemaker and actually thought he was a really good player.
Idk trading 4 years of JT Miller for a late first and a late 3rd is not exactly high value.Tampa could’ve traded Johnson,Killorn or Palat but they decided character was more important than just skill level. I don’t need to make JT look bad. I’ll take the opinion of Cooper and Stevie Y who know a thing or two about character.

Since JT Miller became a “leader” the Canucks have had a lot of issues on and off the ice. He’s a great on ice player but not someone you want if you are trying to win. 44 points in 78 playoffs games and only 9 goals in that time.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
Miller @ 2.625
For

-Much needed RH center
-Decent center prospect
-Great winger prospect
no way in hell does Boston consider even some of this deal. way way too much.
boston has no need for miller especially when selling of young assets for him. maybe something around jdb.
no first, no lysell and Beecher is doubtful too. we need centers who are young. this deal is horrible.

onlygotmygrade10

Mar 1, 2014
Toronto
Miller is someone worth selling the farm for if you're competing (especially with retention). For the Leafs I don't know if they have enough of a top end prospect to get him but I would do 3 of:

1st round pick
Sandin
Robertson
Amirov

Edit - I'll add if there is a prospect higher rated than who I have listed swap them in.

+cap dump if needed

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Idk trading 4 years of JT Miller for a late first and a late 3rd is not exactly high value.Tampa could’ve traded Johnson,Killorn or Palat but they decided character was more important than just skill level. I don’t need to make JT look bad. I’ll take the opinion of Cooper and Stevie Y who know a thing or two about character.

Since JT Miller became a “leader” the Canucks have had a lot of issues on and off the ice. He’s a great on ice player but not someone you want if you are trying to win. 44 points in 78 playoffs games and only 9 goals in that time.
wow you are so wrong, stop spreading misinformation.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
no way in hell does Boston consider even some of this deal. way way too much.
boston has no need for miller especially when selling of young assets for him. maybe something around jdb.
no first, no lysell and Beecher is doubtful too. we need centers who are young. this deal is horrible.

I guess not a fit.

But you can’t actually expect a top line C who produces at a rate Miller does to be traded for a centrepiece of JDB’s ilk, without a 1st or top prospect included?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
For Miller? It definitely is not. Newhook has to be part of the deal.
I don't think we should be getting hung up in getting the "most valuable piece" a team can offer. If Colorado offers Newhook+1st vs. Barron+1st+2nd, I take the second option because Barron just fits our needs SO much better.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Miller is someone worth selling the farm for if you're competing (especially with retention). For the Leafs I don't know if they have enough of a top end prospect to get him but I would do 3 of:

1st round pick
Sandin
Robertson
Amirov

Edit - I'll add if there is a prospect higher rated than who I have listed swap them in.

+cap dump if needed
I mean, if the Leafs offer 1st, Sandin, Amirov, I would take it...

onlygotmygrade10

Mar 1, 2014
Toronto
I mean, if the Leafs offer 1st, Sandin, Amirov, I would take it...

One of the previous posters mentioned 3 1st's being around proper value and I'd agree with that (especially with retention). Miller at under 3m is ridiculous for 1.5 more years and fits anywhere in the line up. From a Canucks fan's perspective I'm not sure if there's enough of a high end talent in that package, but I would do it as a Leafs fan. If they could get a Newhook/Jarvis type prospect + something I'd probably consider that first given the ceiling of those guys.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Newhook is a no go for the avalanche. We need his ELC going fwd as he will be a mainstay on our 2nd line next year since the rest are all FAs.

It will be one of our RH dmen in the AHL/college. and picks. Want a body for the NHL this year it will be JTC or Jost

Reactions: elitepete

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Unless an offer comes up that sweeps the socks off, I would think that the trade would happen in the off season, with Canucks asking Miller what he wants for an extension first.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
The Keith Yandle to the Rangers trade seems like the most obvious comparable. High end player at a key position, 50% retained with a season and a half left on his contract. Similar ages (Yandle was 28 when traded).

Yandle returned:
- 1st rounder
- 2nd rounder (the following year)
- a 3rd pair journeyman defender (John Moore)
- a well-regarded rookie (former 3rd round pick Anthony Duclair, who had put up 7 points in his first 18 games).

Based on that comparable, some of the names being thrown about are a little ridiculous. He's not a fit for the Rangers ($$ and bad prior history), but the equivalent Rangers package would look more like:

-1st rounder
-2nd rounder
-Nemeth
-Zac Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad