Rumor: Dave Pagnotta of the 4th Period- Canucks getting plenty of calls/offers on JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
wow you are so wrong, stop spreading misinformation.
So you never said “Chytil, Lafferenier ans Lundkvist to us plus that 1st round pick”?

“You only move Miller if you cant work out a decent extension because he has been a top20-30 player since being a Canuck.

If he moves on it will be a devastating loss for the Canucks. - Sting101”

“I'd say the price that the Canucks wouldnt be able to refuse is:

1st round pick
Top Prospect ( preferably Right Shot Dman)
3rd round pick

Miller would be a massive hole to replace for the Canucks. He is the heartbeat and energy of the team a true Alpha in the dressing room.

The way he combines top end skill with grit is something perfect for the playoffs and something that lacks in the rest of the Canucks young forward core.- Urbanimpact

Yeah I’m making up what Canucks fans think of him as a leader…..

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Hmmm and I thought I was the only one garbage slinging. I agree Barron + 1st+2nd is fair enough but funny you don’t make smart comments about OP. I wonder why

Tampa traded JT Miller largely in part to him NOT having a NMC or full NTC like some of the other players you mentioned previously in this thread. Also, he just wasn't a fit in a bottom 6 role with Tampa's depth

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Tampa traded JT Miller largely in part to him NOT having a NMC or full NTC like some of the other players you mentioned previously in this thread. Also, he just wasn't a fit in a bottom 6 role with Tampa's depth
I get all of that but Stevie Y requested him in a deal only to trade him a year later. Realistically he’s better than the other guys but was put in bottom 6 for same reasons Rangers did which was him being lazy and doing dumb stuff. He was a 55+ point player with Rangers(3rd line) and they didn’t have cap problems but only got back a 2nd and Vlad for him.

Considering Canucks fans hate Benning with a passion it’s shocking he only gave up one first instead of 2 for 4 years of JT Miller on a cheap contract.
Personally if I were Canucks with the way the fans rave about him I would extend him with 7-8 year deal. Hiring Bruce and bringing in Rutherford tell me this is a retool at best so keeping Miller makes more sense than trading him

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
My thoughts on Miller trades

Avs
Newhook and Barron for Miller 1.5 retained
Or
Barron, Jost, 1st, cond 4th(becomes 2023 1st if they win cup) for Miller

Rangers
Schneider, Kravatov, 1st for Miller 1.5 retained

What other teams have fans been asking for him?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yeah and Canucks wont trade their 28 year old top line forward for a bag of pucks, full stop. What makes you think JR is dreading to trade Miller right away? a 5 million dollar top line forward with a year left that can PK, PP, play center and wing and put up 70 to 80 points. They dont grow on trees so his trade value is pretty high.

Which is pretty much my point—unless another GM is willing to put up that caliber of player. The Canucks ought to avoid trading Miller for the sake of trading Miller.

They're not going to trade him for a bag of pucks. Please point to where I said that.

But only someone denying the reality of the situation of the Canucks would conclude they just retain him for another mediocre year-and-a-half just to lose him as a UFA.

The Canucks are not and will not be contenders in the near future. They're staring at, at minimum, a significant retool. Miller is basically their most valuable trade chip that also does not fit in with the long-term timeline of the team.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I get all of that but Stevie Y requested him in a deal only to trade him a year later. Realistically he’s better than the other guys but was put in bottom 6 for same reasons Rangers did which was him being lazy and doing dumb stuff. He was a 55+ point player with Rangers(3rd line) and they didn’t have cap problems but only got back a 2nd and Vlad for him.

Considering Canucks fans hate Benning with a passion it’s shocking he only gave up one first instead of 2 for 4 years of JT Miller on a cheap contract.
Personally if I were Canucks with the way the fans rave about him I would extend him with 7-8 year deal. Hiring Bruce and bringing in Rutherford tell me this is a retool at best so keeping Miller makes more sense than trading him
The Miller trade ended up being one of Benning’s few good moves.

But even then… the Canucks were a bad team at the time and traded a potential high pick. Canucks barely got into the playoffs that year, and if they didn’t, it would have been deferred to the 2021 draft. The Canucks 1st was 9th overall in that draft.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Idk trading 4 years of JT Miller for a late first and a late 3rd is not exactly high value.Tampa could’ve traded Johnson,Killorn or Palat but they decided character was more important than just skill level. I don’t need to make JT look bad. I’ll take the opinion of Cooper and Stevie Y who know a thing or two about character.

Since JT Miller became a “leader” the Canucks have had a lot of issues on and off the ice. He’s a great on ice player but not someone you want if you are trying to win. 44 points in 78 playoffs games and only 9 goals in that time.

Hahahaha what complete nonsense

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
What are you talking about?
Overrateprospects said:
Nah Canucks fans want more. They want Rangers to give up Adam Fox Kappo Kakko and 3 1sts​
Tell me who started the garbage slinging here?

I guess you forgot?

I have seen numerous people demand 3 firsts plus for JT Miller and one person wanted Fox in a trade.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Overrateprospects said:
Nah Canucks fans want more. They want Rangers to give up Adam Fox Kappo Kakko and 3 1sts​
Tell me who started the garbage slinging here?

I guess you forgot?

I have seen numerous people demand 3 firsts plus for JT Miller and one person wanted Fox in a trade.
LMAO the Fox trade was definitely a joke man :facepalm:. Nobody expects 3 firsts for Miller that’s called an initial asking price. A young roster player+1st+Top Prospect is the asking price.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Agreed, I don’t see a fit for both sides considering the moves both teams have made recently
I also think you guys are stuck with Trouba for the duration of his contract, and Schneider is likely available. I would also wager that management think they can compete now and will make moves to do so. Miller is easily the best player available this year. Boeser is top 5 as well if traded.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I also think you guys are stuck with Trouba for the duration of his contract, and Schneider is likely available. I would also wager that management think they can compete now and will make moves to do so. Miller is easily the best player available this year. Boeser is top 5 as well if traded.
Agreed. Don’t think a GM in win now mode values Schneider more than a top 15 scorer and Swiss army knife

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Tampa could’ve traded Johnson,Killorn or Palat but they decided character was more important than just skill level. I don’t need to make JT look bad. I’ll take the opinion of Cooper and Stevie Y who know a thing or two about character.

All 3 of those guys had full NTC and Miller didn’t. That played a HUGE role in determining which player was dealt.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
I think Nashville could be a good partner here.
Have roster players in Jeannot, Fabbro, Myers or Kunin. Prospects in Svechkov, Afanseyev, Tomasino, Glass and L'Heureux as well as all there draft picks.

They are currently 2nd in the western conference and have the most cap space amongst contenders.

Feb 19, 2018
Fabbro, Svechkov, Tomasino and L’Heureux
For Miller and Halak. Saros has played some of the most minutes in the league this year, could use a rest. Canucks don’t want the 1.5 million on the books bonus. I feel value is equal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad