CFL 2024

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Wonder if there is more going on then meets the eye and that’s why the sale of the team might be delayed.

The City of Edmonton is in a bad spot financially and Katz knows it. They’re desperate for more revenue and commonwealth is an expense that could be a turned into a quick lump sum.

If Katz can take advantage of that desperation to get a sweetheart deal on CW by selling the city on the idea that like he did for downtown he can generate more economic benefit for the city from the stadium area. I think it’s likely he could squeeze more out of CW then the city has whether it’s a soccer team, more concerts and events, surrounding development. More importantly he controls the asset/land, and any new owner who likely has deep pockets has to deal with him now on the teams home.

How many football games would it take the Elks to make the same amount Katz could make for an Oilers playoff game watch party at Commonwealth?

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
If we’re still going to be paying for its upkeep then they may as well. If Katz actually wants to buy it and incur all the costs that go with it then by all means he should do it. He wasn’t willing to do that for a brand new arena so I doubt that’s what he’s aiming for here either. I don’t think we should be paying for him to make money off another building.
So then you're clearly not in favor of the Rogers place deal because he is making nothing but money off of it.

Reactions: K1984

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Bede and Leeke have been disastrous FA signings. Can see one or both gone before Labour Day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad