CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
79% last year. Can't kick them outside of 40 but was pretty good at shorter range. No matter, he is probably back in Scotland.
Yeah, 40 was his limit. Not good enough for pro gridiron. Maybe the arena leagues. A capable kicker should be hovering in the low 50s as a limit. We got a 60 a few weeks ago.

FiftyFifty

Mar 13, 2018
MBT is basically a Trevor Harris regen.

They should never have signed him.
He does remind me of Harris. A touch better but still vanilla.

Wonder why MBT couldn’t find a wide open Lewis on that last drive. He was right beside K Brown who the ball was thrown to.

Reactions: Cloned

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
My old man is in town so we went for dinner at some neighborhood pub that for some reason had the game on.

First time I’ve watched more than highlights worth of CFL football in probably three years and I actually thought the Elks were a pretty entertaining team. Jacksons constant “wtf am I doing here” look, Bede’s kicking, the teams defensive play, their offences ability to not score majors against a powerhouse like Ottawa.

Pretty entertaining.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Beautiful play to end the game..F man.
Yup, another ugly affair and it looks like a 2 win season might be all she wrote.

Well, I will give credit to 3 guys this season who have earned their salaries:

Julien, Mayala and Mitchell.

Looks like Lewis and Brown would like the ball but don't figure in the plans too much. Other than that its slim pickings out there.

On the whole the D was better tonight but got no run support from the pop gun offense.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
MBT is pretty much what I thought he was/would be. An average QB that will look okay on a really good team. But not a guy that is able to be ‘the guy’ on a bad team. It’s time to start Ford (again), see what he can do, and see if he is the answer long term. (Assuming he would even want to be after how he’s been treated) As a bonus you would probably see the best if Brown as well, similar to last year, when teams can’t just key in him with Ford in the backfield.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The incredible thing is that Bede was #1 in FG accuracy last year. Just dropped off a cliff as soon as he plays for us - big surprise. First game I've watched this year, and I have no idea why anyone would want to spend one dime of their hard earned cash watching this clown organization. Just nothing there that of any interest. I thought they'd be lucky to win 4 games this year. That might have been setting the bar too high.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I know its not the name change.
But its the name change.
We all know the team sucked at the end as the Esks, but this Elks name has been nothing but a curse. And if I'm a new owner, I move on from it on day one, have the name struck from team history, never mentioned again, just like the BOD has done with the Eskimos name. It will cost money to rebrand, but will be worth every dollar, as I don't think you will ever get away from the stench that the Elks have become.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
We all know the team sucked at the end as the Esks, but this Elks name has been nothing but a curse. And if I'm a new owner, I move on from it on day one, have the name struck from team history, never mentioned again, just like the BOD has done with the Eskimos name. It will cost money to rebrand, but will be worth every dollar, as I don't think you will ever get away from the stench that the Elks have become.
It’s not easy to suck this bad in a 9 team league. Plenty of teams have faced similar mismanagement situations and it’s never gotten this pathetic. Sometimes the universe just steps in for a little divine intervention and this Elks franchise is getting what it deserves.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I'm not a CFL guy, but where does the season to season stretch of 3-11, 4-14, 4-14 and 0-7 rank on an all-time scale in the CFL? Like are we talking just one of many bad stretches by CFL teams or maybe one of the worst of all time?

Reactions: bellagiobob

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I also loved Mcleod trashing the league about the schedule, if im not mistaken the NFL sometimes do sun-thurs turnarounds so I dunno why he’s upset. Guy is so frustrated and checked out, he’s ready to go home and never play in the Canadian football league again.

Time to put Ford in so he can look half decent and stir up a little hope only to shun the team in the off season and go somewhere else to play.

This franchise is train wreck entertainment.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It’s not easy to suck this bad in a 9 team league. Plenty of teams have faced similar mismanagement situations and it’s never gotten this pathetic. Sometimes the universe just steps in for a little divine intervention and this Elks franchise is getting what it deserves.
It's like the football god's have said 'There was nothing wrong with your name. You got suckered into changing it by a couple of sponsors that quickly abandoned you anyhow. Now you will pay for it.'

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Team is definitely cursed.

Good players on other teams are absolute trash here.

And sure maybe you can blame the playbook or inferior teammates for some of that, but even the kicker who was good last year comes here and stinks out the joint. That’s literally the one position on the team that doesn’t really rely on the playbook or his teammates to have success.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I also loved Mcleod trashing the league about the schedule, if im not mistaken the NFL sometimes do sun-thurs turnarounds so I dunno why he’s upset. Guy is so frustrated and checked out, he’s ready to go home and never play in the Canadian football league again.

Time to put Ford in so he can look half decent and stir up a little hope only to shun the team in the off season and go somewhere else to play.

This franchise is train wreck entertainment.
Especially terrible look when the team that beat you back to back played the same schedule.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I'm not a CFL guy, but where does the season to season stretch of 3-11, 4-14, 4-14 and 0-7 rank on an all-time scale in the CFL? Like are we talking just one of many bad stretches by CFL teams or maybe one of the worst of all time?

The first thing that comes to mind for me is Hamilton back in early/mid 2000's.

2003: 1-17
2004: 9-8-1
2005: 5-13
2006: 4-14
2007: 3-15
2008: 3-15

Didn't actually have a winning season until 2013.

Saskatchewan had a rough stretch from 1995-2002 or so but not quite as bad as Hamilton or Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad