OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Romulus had it's moments, really good moments. The rest of the movie was what you'd expect. I'd give it a 7/10.

I want to see it but have to wait until it can be streamed. It’ll probably be $25 to rent though which is steep but I love the Aliens franchise.

I want to see Twisters too but not paying $25 to see that. I’ll wait.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Tried getting tickets to Oasis this weekend. What an absolute shitshow. Ticketmaster couldn't handle it, surge pricing. In the end I gave up and I've bought two tickets to Snow Patrol for my dad (and me) for his Christmas Present for the same price as one Oasis ticket

• Love
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Tried getting tickets to Oasis this weekend. What an absolute shitshow. Ticketmaster couldn't handle it, surge pricing. In the end I gave up and I've bought two tickets to Snow Patrol for my dad (and me) for his Christmas Present for the same price as one Oasis ticket
The key mate, is don't look back in anger, you could be happy.

giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don't think I mentioned this in here, but it's looking very likely I'll be moving back to the east coast either late this year or early next year. Granted I thought this was going to happen back in June and it didn't end up happening, so fingers crossed it works out :laugh:

The new job is located in Rockville, MD, which is only about a 4 hour drive to Pittsburgh and looks really nice from what I can tell. I interviewed with this company once before, I didn't get that initial job but they said "please apply for a new position when you see one that fits". I then re-applied to a new position and the interviews have gone great, the hiring manager flat out said "I don't need to ask any questions, I know my answer" when I had my interview with him and another manager.

Seattle has a lot of amazing nature and outdoorsy things to do, but I've really become jaded on the city as a whole. The city is just super expensive and pretty not nice, and that's me being polite about it. Granted I never did a good job at establishing a social bubble out here beyond my adult league teammates and a few coworkers, but it's just not a city I look at super fondly at this point.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Don't think I mentioned this in here, but it's looking very likely I'll be moving back to the east coast either late this year or early next year. Granted I thought this was going to happen back in June and it didn't end up happening, so fingers crossed it works out :laugh:

The new job is located in Rockville, MD, which is only about a 4 hour drive to Pittsburgh and looks really nice from what I can tell. I interviewed with this company once before, I didn't get that initial job but they said "please apply for a new position when you see one that fits". I then re-applied to a new position and the interviews have gone great, the hiring manager flat out said "I don't need to ask any questions, I know my answer" when I had my interview with him and another manager.

Seattle has a lot of amazing nature and outdoorsy things to do, but I've really become jaded on the city as a whole. The city is just super expensive and pretty not nice, and that's me being polite about it. Granted I never did a good job at establishing a social bubble out here beyond my adult league teammates and a few coworkers, but it's just not a city I look at super fondly at this point.
It's why when I first moved there, I was in Bellevue for a couple of years before I moved to Seattle and even then, I was in an area of Seattle where I guess I was pretty good with not having to deal with anything but wild life and the odd Super car revving. But its definitely a place that takes a few years to really get entrenched in. It's why my wife and I still have a place there, we visit often and probably would move there once she is done with her career here.

Mind you, the wife and I are big into hiking, camping, etc, so being in Vancouver and Seattle is basically the right lifestyle for us but it really depends on your lifestyle I find when living there. It's not easy, the rough parts are as rough as any other place and the people in Seattle aren't always the nicest, if you went to Oregon you'd probably meet the type of people you think Seattle had.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's why when I first moved there, I was in Bellevue for a couple of years before I moved to Seattle and even then, I was in an area of Seattle where I guess I was pretty good with not having to deal with anything but wild life and the odd Super car revving. But its definitely a place that takes a few years to really get entrenched in. It's why my wife and I still have a place there, we visit often and probably would move there once she is done with her career here.

Mind you, the wife and I are big into hiking, camping, etc, so being in Vancouver and Seattle is basically the right lifestyle for us but it really depends on your lifestyle I find when living there. It's not easy, the rough parts are as rough as any other place and the people in Seattle aren't always the nicest, if you went to Oregon you'd probably meet the type of people you think Seattle had.

I actually work in Bellevue, I like the Eastside neighborhoods of Bellevue, Redmond and Kirkland way more than I like Seattle. But I think that also speaks about me as well, I just like those urbanized suburbs far more than cities. That's actually why I think the DC metro area was so appealing to me, it's not "living in a major city" but rather "living in the super urbanized suburbs of a major city".

I think you're totally right about the outdoorsy lifestyle, I think Seattle is an amazing city if you want to explore the nature. I know my manager is a huge skier and I have a couple of coworkers who do a lot of camping as well, and my hockey team is filled with boat guys and hikers as well. I like a lot of those outdoorsy things, but the only one I'm super into is biking and Seattle's bike scene is pretty middling. That's actually why I like the Eastside neighborhoods more, Redmond especially has a ton of terrific bike trails. I like those things, but just not enough with what I'm making and the cost of living out here.

I don't think my complaints about Seattle are a Seattle-specific thing, I think I'd have similar comments about pretty much any major west coast city. I think San Diego is probably the only city on the west coast that I'd be willing to settle down in, but California obviously has its issues as well. I think what I want out of where I live just fits much better on the east coast than west coast.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Granted I never did a good job at establishing a social bubble out here beyond my adult league teammates and a few coworkers
This is why I can’t see moving far ever. We do a lot with friends and I just can’t imagine starting that over with no connections. When we lived in SC we just didn’t talk to anybody but coworkers.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I actually work in Bellevue, I like the Eastside neighborhoods of Bellevue, Redmond and Kirkland way more than I like Seattle. But I think that also speaks about me as well, I just like those urbanized suburbs far more than cities. That's actually why I think the DC metro area was so appealing to me, it's not "living in a major city" but rather "living in the super urbanized suburbs of a major city".

I think you're totally right about the outdoorsy lifestyle, I think Seattle is an amazing city if you want to explore the nature. I know my manager is a huge skier and I have a couple of coworkers who do a lot of camping as well, and my hockey team is filled with boat guys and hikers as well. I like a lot of those outdoorsy things, but the only one I'm super into is biking and Seattle's bike scene is pretty middling. That's actually why I like the Eastside neighborhoods more, Redmond especially has a ton of terrific bike trails. I like those things, but just not enough with what I'm making and the cost of living out here.

I don't think my complaints about Seattle are a Seattle-specific thing, I think I'd have similar comments about pretty much any major west coast city. I think San Diego is probably the only city on the west coast that I'd be willing to settle down in, but California obviously has its issues as well. I think what I want out of where I live just fits much better on the east coast than west coast.
The one big gripe I have about Seattle is the drivers, just a bunch of morons that will cut you off for literally no reason when they can just pass you even when you're not in the passing lane they'll aggressively cut in front of you and slow down to teach you a lesson that you're in the right lane going the limit and that somehow bothers them because they don't like that you went with the flow of traffic. Also, traffic is a nightmare. But again, we do love to camp and go on nature treks, if you actually drive out to a little area called "Cape Disappointment" before you move out of the area, do so mate. There's a nice little lighthouse there and you're near the bridge into Oregon as well so you can see the Fort. Don't let the name fool you.

1725441133302.png

But yeah, Bellevue was more my pace when I was by myself there and most of the time I would fly up or drive up depending on how I felt, into Canada to see my wife or she'd come down when she had time off or was able to do WFH rotations (the company lets her have these allotted weeks of working from home if they want, before the pandemic). When my wife is with me, Seattle is a little more fun and doing day trips, just going to the bars, bookstores, driving into Portland, etc.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Poor Things was weird, but at least I could follow the storyline.

Kinds of Kindness was weird AND I couldn't follow the storyline
Everyone has their fav directors and what not but there's a few I just personally didn't like their work much at all - Wes Anderson and his movies, Yorgos, Lars Von Trier, Gerwig, Baumbach, etc.

The artsy fartsy types that think they're doing deeper shit than they are. I get they're popular but personally their movies have never been much for me, maybe one or two out of that group but it's not a long list.

Zack Snyder shouldn't be allowed to direct anything at all anymore. He should be forced to take writing classes and reading comprehension. M Night Shyamalan suffers from the same issues as Stephen King. Great first half, can't finish the last half of the story. It should be written into his contracts that he must have someone co-write his movies.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So I had a crack in my screen for my MB pro M3 Max, super disappointed about it, you'd think these screens would be way stronger, but my cable literally just swung and tapped the glass and a chunk came out. So naturally, with the stupid warranty that's just pathetic with Apple honestly, I took it in but not before backing up proprietary info and just cleaning the computer of personal info and I was curious...

Most apple stores have absolute wankbuckets working there and I just know they snoop in your shit. So being the ass that I am, I had a folder on the desk top that was named "Private" and in it was a pic of my willy titled "wifes toy"...now is that vulgar? Sure, but whatever. I can see when the file is accessed and the only way that happens it literally if it's opened.

It was most definitely opened when it back yesterday.

Eat shit Apple "genius" techs. I knew they did this shit with my iPhone last year, because I got it back and the twat that fixed my screen, he was like oh yeah we just check to see if it works we don't go through anything. Yet they left the tiles for the apps they had open, still open so I could see exactly what they went through. It was bad enough that corporate called me to apologize that it was an isolated incident and that they were going to deal with it internally. I had my iPhone backed up and I didn't have much on it that would be worrisome but I had family pictures on there and I don't know these blokes, they can take pics of my nieces and nephews that I get sent by my brother and what not and do God knows what with it. I hate even having to assume the worst with that.

BTW my Asus RoG Strix, I've literally thrown shit at the screen and not a single scratch. Apple loves to be this premium brand with the most fragile f***ing materials.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad