OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
does anyone here row? curious

082524 smq 5k erg splits.png

090424 PP W1D1 result.png

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Charley Johnson who played QB for the St Louis football Cardinals died today, I don't remember him with the Cardinals but I do remember him playing for the Broncos

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Charley Johnson who played QB for the St Louis football Cardinals died today, I don't remember him with the Cardinals but I do remember him playing for the Broncos
I don't remember him at all. Seems like he was a well-respected person.

--

Someone mentioned drivers not stopping at stop signs. I remember St. Louis having a shit ton of stop signs. Someone told me that STL has the most per square mile in the country.

Arizona is known for terrible driving and has the fewest insured drivers in the country. My latest pet peeve is when other drivers spend way too much time and energy honking their horn, yelling and flipping people off, instead of evading. Then an accident happens because of some asshole's opportunistic righteousness.

Okay, rant over.

Reactions: joe galiba

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
Congrats to Kelly Chase for being inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame. Twist should've gone in at the same time. That duo defined the other, scrappier half of the Blues in the mid/late-90s.

Reactions: BrokenFace

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Congrats to Kelly Chase for being inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame. Twist should've gone in at the same time. That duo defined the other, scrappier half of the Blues in the mid/late-90s.
While I get what you're saying, Chaser's contribution to the organization after his playing career ended is light years beyond what Twist has done. This honor is just as much (if not more) for his contributions off the ice.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Anyone else having issues with this site on iPhone or iPad? I can't access the site on either (getting a 1016 error using Safari) but I can reach it just fine on my Surface using Edge.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Anyone else having issues with this site on iPhone or iPad? I can't access the site on either (getting a 1016 error using Safari) but I can reach it just fine on my Surface using Edge.
Yep, I get errors when I specifically try to go to the Blues page that is tagged on my phone, but I can get to the hfboards main page just fine and then get to here by clicking the links. Very weird.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I had to delete my bookmark and make a new one. I could access the site from the front page and navigate to the Blues page.

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
I had an idea and someone please tell me how it wouldn't work.

Couldn't the blues just livestream games on their own YouTube page? They've done it with the prospect camp. This would eliminate any bandwidth costs for hosting their own platform too. I'm not sure how much of a loss it would be money wise either. Maybe try to make a deal with YouTube.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Sorry if I mentioned this already, but I got charged by a skunk lol

I was walking on a path at 3am at work going between factories. Along a curve in the path the little man and I were both startled.

He went into fight mode. Both arms down and tail up.

I just kept walking and told him I was cool.

He then charged me and shook up rocks by my feet. I again told him it was okay and kept walking.

He didn't spray me 😀 and just turned around and went back under the fence he came from.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
In the process of finding a new streaming service as DirectTv Streaming is now somehow more expensive than our cable bill used to be. Are Blues games still going to be on Bally? Is that the plan? It’s basically all I watch on TV(along with the world juniors, but I can stream that elsewhere if I need to).

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
In the process of finding a new streaming service as DirectTv Streaming is now somehow more expensive than our cable bill used to be. Are Blues games still going to be on Bally? Is that the plan? It’s basically all I watch on TV(along with the world juniors, but I can stream that elsewhere if I need to).
Yep, they’ll be on Bally this season.

Reactions: 542365

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad