OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
@Memento I watched the rest of Helluva Boss. It was pretty great!

Glad you liked it! Loona is admittedly my favorite, but all of the characters are really solid.

If you liked Helluva Boss, you may like Hazbin Hotel, which is in the same universe, but...seemingly bigger than HB? In that the Princess of Hell and her girlfriend are trying to redeem sinners to get to Heaven, while a part of Heaven is doing something called "the Exterminations" to kill off Sinners.

As a note, HH is on Amazon Prime only (eight episodes, each longer than HB's episodes). There's a pilot episode on YouTube, but you'll have to get Amazon Prime to watch the rest. It's also a lot more of a musical than HB; expect a lot of singing (that is actually quite good), and like HB, also definitely NOT for kids.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Glad you liked it! Loona is admittedly my favorite, but all of the characters are really solid.

If you liked Helluva Boss, you may like Hazbin Hotel, which is in the same universe, but...seemingly bigger than HB? In that the Princess of Hell and her girlfriend are trying to redeem sinners to get to Heaven, while a part of Heaven is doing something called "the Exterminations" to kill off Sinners.

As a note, HH is on Amazon Prime only (eight episodes, each longer than HB's episodes). There's a pilot episode on YouTube, but you'll have to get Amazon Prime to watch the rest. It's also a lot more of a musical than HB; expect a lot of singing (that is actually quite good), and like HB, also definitely NOT for kids.
Hazbin Hotel, upon your recommendation, has been added to my Prime queue.

Helluva Boss reminds me of Ren & Stimpy mixed with Archer. The animators are sooooo good at facial micro-articulation, just like Ren & Stimpy and this is a different animation technology.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Hazbin Hotel, at your recommendation, is in my Prime queue.

Helluva Boss reminds me of Ren & Stimpy mixed with Archer. The animators are sooooo good at facial micro-articulation, just like Ren & Stimpy and this is a different animation technology.

Yeah, I definitely got Ren & Stimy vibes (as a 90s kid, it was one of the many cartoons I watched) from Helluva Boss. And it's not just micro-articulation that Vivzie does well; she's incredible at animating subtle signs of body language as well.

But yeah, as a fair warning, there's a part of Hazbin that may be incredibly uncomfortable to watch from a domestic violence/rape standpoint. Episode Four, and it does not hold back. Just so you're forewarned.

• Love
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Watched 'Predestination' (2014) last night. They do similar things with time and incarnated iterations as does 'Dark'. A song that repeats throughout is "I'm My Own Grandpa' by Willie Nelson.

IMO, this is Ethan Hawke's best work ever and Sarah Snook is f***ing spectacular in this film.

Strongly recommend.

EDIT: I was curious if Sarah Snook won any awards for her role in that film and, sure enough, she won Best Actress at the Australian equivalent of the Oscars.

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Who was the poster on here who liked every post - Benak? Something like that - anyone know what happened to him/her?

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I just realized your joke. It’s actually $2.79 at my local gas station in town. Until someone posted StL prices I didn’t get it.
Well, I've been in Arizona for the last eight years. Cheapest I got is 3.25. But it's been well over 4. So, I have dreams at 2.89.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
I remember paying $0.69/gal at the QT off St. Charles Rock Road back in 1999/2000 on the way to work. Sometimes I splurged and got premium unleaded for $0.89/gal. Now those were the days.

• Wow
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I've been looking at getting another jersey (to add to the Pronger one I have from a couple decades ago), and seeing some Fanatics replicas. Will I be happy with that or do I need to pay up for Adidas?

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Well, I've been in Arizona for the last eight years. Cheapest I got is 3.25. But it's been well over 4. So, I have dreams at 2.89.
Just filled up at $2.74.

But this reminds me of a TV news piece I saw one time where this lady had driven an hour to fill up at a gas station with some promotional special where it was 10 cents/gallon cheaper.

Regular vehicle, saved maybe 1.50? Minus the hour each way.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
That Olympic Australian breakdancer is embarrassing.

Is anyone taking this seriously? How is this not a joke? This must be an elaborate hoax to further erode the integrity of the Olympics.

A massive Punk’d episode on the world stage.

What’s next, Competitive Staring?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad