Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I’m on your side in this however I want Jeremy to be happy and secure financially in case he has a big family

Kids are expensive

When I was a kid we would have to earn our keep pulling weeds and selling newspapers

Now kids can’t work because it causes anxiety
I think I, have given the wrong impression, I am someone who has always believed in the players get what they can, they are the ones with their families that have put the time in to be successful, I am just now aware of the cap, and it restricts your ability at times to put the team you want to put together, or hope to anyways.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
He's an RFA without much hope for a huge offer sheet. It's low, but you gotta start somewhere and the first offer probably shouldn't be your best.

The 3 week thing isn't my favorite thing to hear, but as this gets right up to crunch time I trust both sides bend a little bit and find a happy medium.

EDIT: I'm FAR from DFC by the way
Vasilevsky was an RFA when he signed his big deal. I think if they want a long term deal the precident is there (in terms of RFA/UFA, not output. I also think if they meet in the middle somewhere a 7/8 for 8mil a year makes sense based on all the rumors

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Vasilevsky was an RFA when he signed his big deal. I think if they want a long term deal the precident is there (in terms of contractual comparison, not output. I also think if they meet in the middle somewhere a 7/8 for 8mil a year makes sense based on all the rumors
I’m hoping that’s where it lands. I expect that outcome but I don’t think much would shock me. Least likely scenario to me is a signed offer sheet with terms that make Sweeney uncomfortable.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sweeney painted himself into this corner…
Bruins could keep the two goalie tandem with Sway and Korper and make the play offs. Then go with Sway and beat the leafs.
There is a reason Ulmark looked average in Buffalo and all world in Boston.
Goalies always play better on that Bs "team"
As Korper will soon see.

Last edited:
Reactions: nORRis8

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Patrick Roy Swayman should take the deal and prove himself or hold out. Up to him. Offer sheet looks like a low chance scenario

Reactions: DKH

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I did not say anything about getting rid of Sway, but he does not win a cup by himself. I don't give shit about Vegas odds, and neither should you.

He doesn’t win a cup by himself, you are right.

But he was far and away our best player in the playoffs and we wouldn’t have won a series with Ullmark in net or 90% of other goalies in the league

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bruins could keep the two goalie tandem with Sway and Korper and make the play offs. Then go with Sway and beat the leafs.
There is a reason Ulmark looked average in Buffalo and all world in Boston.
Goalies always play better on that Bs "team"
As Korper will soon see.

Ullmark looked better than average in Buffalo.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That’s going to change drastically this year if their goalie tandem is Korpisalo and Bussi
I keep hearing "this is the year" Bruins go south.
Every September.
They they go straight to first place in October and battle up there all season.

I agree the 3 week silence is alarming. It’s gotta be posturing, Don swinging his hog around saying he’s not gonna be pushed around on this deal
Probably right.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I keep hearing "this is the year" Bruins go south.
Every September.
They they go straight to first place in October and battle up there all season.

Probably right.
And then they usually get bounced in the first round because they refuse to fix any of the glaring holes they have in the top 6 forward group. I mean 1 cup win in 52 years isn’t really successful now, is it? But hey, how about that regular season play? Right? LOFL

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ullmark looked better than average in Buffalo.
Eichel said he was their MVP but I’m not sure he knows as much about hockey as Bruins fans

Also, doesn’t L.L. Swayman take online courses at Stanford on Wednesday nights ?

Gotta think he is looking for more today

Donny needs to just Give him what he wants and cut Peeke and Korpi and ask Coyle to take a pay cut

Sweeney dropped the ball here

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Eichel said he was their MVP but I’m not sure he knows as much about hockey as Bruins fans

Also, doesn’t L.L. Swayman take online courses at Stanford on Wednesday nights ?

Donny needs to just Give him what he wants and cut Peeke and Korpi and ask Coyle to take a pay cut

Can't see the Bruins caving to Sway, just like debrusk with the big demands from a player who has accomplished very little

Reactions: nORRis8 and DKH

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
And then they usually get bounced in the first round because they refuse to fix any of the glaring holes they have in the top 6 forward group. I mean 1 cup win in 52 years isn’t really successful now, is it? But hey, how about that regular season play? Right? LOFL
Cup in 2011. Finals in 2013. Finals in 2019.
Bounced in other seasons by Bolts, Panthers, Canes,
Not too shabby.
Certainly better than all the Canadian teams and most of the American teams.

It's legit insane how much the Bruins over performed their expected goal differential the last two seasons mostly on the back of their goaltending.
Having a great goalie ain't cheating

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Can't see the Bruins caving to Sway, just like debrusk with the big demands from a player who has accomplished very little
Right on I totally agree, Swayman has some good stats for a short period of time and now he thinks he is their saviour. Stick to your plans DS and be prepared for whatever happens.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Using Rask as a comparable, which honestly Swayman's situation is very close to his in terms of games played and being part of a tandem. Rask also had a 1 year deal, was an RFA, then signed the big one.
Rask 7mil salary was 10.8% of the cap when the max was 64.3. If Swayman were to have that same %cap hit at the current 88 mil cap he'd be at 9.5 mil. Interesting to think about. Wonder if everyone will start hating Swayman if that happens

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He came very close to winning two games 7’s

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I rarely toot my own horn here (since I'm wrong more often than not) but I watched a lot of hockey the year before Ullmark signed here.

Said it right after he signed, but I got the sense watching Buffalo games that he was the sole reason they weren't last place, Ullmark stood on his head every game I saw but had no help. Knew he'd be a great starter for us, didn't think he'd become the vezina caliber guy he did become though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad