Rumor: Canucks Interested in Zacha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Yeah it doesn’t make sense for NJ to trade Holtz or Gritsyuk right now as they play the position of weakness we’re trying to boost. And they’re the best we have right now as far as prospects go.

I realize you have to give to get but it makes more sense for NJ to keep those guys considering where the team is in relation to being good. They’ll be more cost controllable.

The Devils can afford to lose one of our LHD prospects (not named Hughes) for Boeser and they do have some wingers in the system they can afford to let go.

I would hope Fitz tries something like this gif Boeser:

Zacha + Wing from list + D from list

Wingers:

Nolan Foote
Tyce Thompson
Graeme Clarke
Fabian Zetterlund
Jesper Boqvist
Ygor Sharangovich
Janne Kuokannen

Defense:

Nikita Okhotiuk
Kevin Bahl
Colton White
Take Sharongivich out

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
No, I'm with you. His diminished value is due solely to his lack of production, at least to my eye, but he isn't a liability setting up, or even playing D. I disagree with defense being a strength, but he's not a liability.

I mean if we're offered a package we can't refuse, I don't think Boeser is off the table, but he is our best sniper and we just have to get him back to scoring consistently. McLeod and Zacha isn't that package, although again I'd like either one in a separate package.

Fair enough regarding his defense. I see a guy who's fairly aware and willing to backcheck but is hindered somewhat by his lack of speed.

I'd agree that package is light, which partially contributed to my rant in the first place. Those players, while somewhat valuable, just wouldn't do all that much for me in a deal. They're more of a throw in than a centerpiece imo. But anyway, seems we're in agreement there.

Many Canucks fans have been low on Boeser for a while because if he's not producing, he's not doing anything. Even worse is that he can't skate, so he looks like a slug that does nothing. Another issue that frustrates fans is that his shot is his best weapon but he's unable to utilize it consistently because his release is so slow lol.

Add onto it now him having a slow year and his upcoming QO being expensive, and it's not really surprising why Canucks fans are ready to move on.

I personally am a fan of his. Before this season he's been a career 68p / 82gp producer which is very good for his cap-hit even if he provides nothing else. It has been a down year, but I think it's important to remember that his centre has forgotten how to play hockey for most of this season. Boeser is not a play driver so if his linemates aren't going, he's not going either.

I would not mind keeping him whatsoever but a team like NJD can afford to take on some dead cap and we have a lot of it.

All fair commments.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
What type of defenseman is Myers like these days?

Devils could use a stay at home type that clears the crease.
Generally speaking Peter, he has had a much better year. Last year I would have said he was a #4/5. This year he is a solid #3. Should be paid $5 - $5.5million this year so a tad overpaid but a good dman. And last year me would be suprised Im saying this today. Two more years at $6 million

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
His offensive stats are a bit low so I thought he may have adapted his game over the years

Not in previous years, he's been a bit more steady this season.

Somehow him and OEL have combined to make a pretty decent shutdown pair when you would think they'd put up some nice points but be ass defensively.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Umm who said that? I guess every fan base has people that are clueless but I can’t see multiple Devils fans possibly saying this on these forums. Zacha has his supporters and haters and is pretty polarizing but I have not seen anyone on here suggest he is on Meier’s level. Maybe when Meier was at an all time low point in is career and Zacha was in a hot streak at the same time . That’s the only conceivable time I could see someone think that (very sort sighted , and incorrect)
Thats exactly when it happened. I actually pointed that out but people didnt really grasp the analytics I think. Obviously not all devils fans were going that far, but lots seemed to think Zacha was actually an allstar last year.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah it doesn’t make sense for NJ to trade Holtz or Gritsyuk right now as they play the position of weakness we’re trying to boost. And they’re the best we have right now as far as prospects go.

I realize you have to give to get but it makes more sense for NJ to keep those guys considering where the team is in relation to being good. They’ll be more cost controllable.

The Devils can afford to lose one of our LHD prospects (not named Hughes) for Boeser and they do have some wingers in the system they can afford to let go.

I would hope Fitz tries something like this gif Boeser:

Zacha + Wing from list + D from list

Wingers:

Nolan Foote
Tyce Thompson
Graeme Clarke
Fabian Zetterlund
Jesper Boqvist
Ygor Sharangovich
Janne Kuokannen

Defense:

Nikita Okhotiuk
Kevin Bahl
Colton White

Is Muk off the table then too?

Zacha+Foote+Bahl isn't a bad package, it covers a lot of bases, but it does feel a little light still.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
You just don't have much to offer then
well the rumour says, vancouver is interested in zacha. i don't see many devils fan, who are dead set on keeping zacha. if the canucks want to trade for zacha, it's up to them to find a return/trade, which is acceptable for both teams. if the vancouver fan base isn't too excited about the rumour, that's ok.

Reactions: My3Sons

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Im not sure NJ would be willing to attach the assets for one of Boeser or Garland needed with Zacha

Unless Vancouver is willing to take NJ's 2023 1st rounder
that's a bad idea from a nj perspective at that point in time. the core is still very young and developing and goaltending could easily keep them out of the po. the devils aren't good enough to offer potential lottery picks for win now pieces.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Trade him for a 2nd or whatever.

The team needs a wake up call, maybe this move would send a message.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
sharangovich should be available - in a package for a quality piece or a player/prospect at a more desirable position or with a better fitting skill set. no need to move him for (a) draft pick(s).
Zacha and D man with a lesser add i agree with, I still say sharongovich is too much to add. Any of those wingers mentioned are not as high up the roster. Boeser is a great get but three assets 2 Fwds and a D are enough

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Zacha and D man with a lesser add i agree with, I still say sharongovich is too much to add. Any of those wingers mentioned are not as high up the roster. Boeser is a great get but three assets 2 Fwds and a D are enough
my response was not boeser specific. considering his high QO he might not be a trade target. if you aren't willing to qualify him at that or if you believe vancouver won't, you rather discuss with him, when he becomes a FA.

Reactions: Smitty426

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Devil’s advocate… turning around depreciated assets is the way that teams often end up winning trades.

This was Rutherfords MO in Pittsburgh, for better or worse. Loves gambling on physically talented former 1st round picks that aren’t playing well.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Devils would need solid young defensive defenseman.
Poolman or Burroughs (neither are really young though) is about all we can offer… not saying one for one either. Canucks also want a younger defensive D so don’t have those to provide you in a trade.

Can understand how that wouldn’t be appealing. If anything it’s more likely a Boeser for zacha + type of deal.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Poolman or Burroughs (neither are really young though) is about all we can offer… not saying one for one either. Canucks also want a younger defensive D so don’t have those to provide you in a trade.

Can understand how that wouldn’t be appealing. If anything it’s more likely a Boeser for zacha + type of deal.
vancouver and new jersey won't complete a trade containing a young rhd with solid nhl upside, as both have none for sale.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
vancouver and new jersey won't complete a trade containing a young rhd with solid nhl upside, as both have none for sale.
True . Subban is a UFA after this season and Severson next season . Both are RHD. If they both leave , that leaves us with Hamilton as our only RHD . We only have one RHD prospect with a slight chance of making the NHL and he us more of a offensive Dman . I’m not sure what the Canucks have for RHD prospects but I know the Devils are very very thin at the position . Hopefully they add one of the two stud RHD prospects in the upcoming draft plus Luke Hughes has been playing the right side at Michigan so ??

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
True . Subban is a UFA after this season and Severson next season . Both are RHD. If they both leave , that leaves us with Hamilton as our only RHD . We only have one RHD prospect with a slight chance of making the NHL and he us more of a offensive Dman . I’m not sure what the Canucks have for RHD prospects but I know the Devils are very very thin at the position . Hopefully they add one of the two stud RHD prospects in the upcoming draft plus Luke Hughes has been playing the right side at Michigan so ??
walsh imo is not the rhd prospect with a chance at the nhl. mccarthy is the one we can hope for. but he is no short term answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad