Rumor: Canucks Interested in Zacha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Foote was a highly regarded prospect, last I checked, has his stock fallen as well? Bahl I know isn't worth a ton, but I do like the idea of having a slow-cooking, big D almost ready for a debut in the system. Being a local to New Westminster doesn't hurt either. He is more of a throw in for that third though, if I'm to be honest, as I think he's set at a third pairing guy later in his career...if I'm not mistaken.

I mean I wouldn't hate a return looking like this, but I guess we'd have to smooth out the edges a little, maybe beef up or balance one side or the other.

I also didn't think to include Gritsyuk or Holtz, mostly because of how I perceived their value to the Devils, before anyone screams at me.

Yeah it doesn’t make sense for NJ to trade Holtz or Gritsyuk right now as they play the position of weakness we’re trying to boost. And they’re the best we have right now as far as prospects go.

I realize you have to give to get but it makes more sense for NJ to keep those guys considering where the team is in relation to being good. They’ll be more cost controllable.

The Devils can afford to lose one of our LHD prospects (not named Hughes) for Boeser and they do have some wingers in the system they can afford to let go.

I would hope Fitz tries something like this gif Boeser:

Zacha + Wing from list + D from list

Wingers:

Nolan Foote
Tyce Thompson
Graeme Clarke
Fabian Zetterlund
Jesper Boqvist
Ygor Sharangovich
Janne Kuokannen

Defense:

Nikita Okhotiuk
Kevin Bahl
Colton White

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Lol Devils are not getting Garland or Hoglander for Zacha. We already got a Zacha in Dickinson. If we are gonna make a trade maybe trade those two guys for a change of scenery. Add a late pick on one side to balance it out if needed

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Yeah it doesn’t make sense for NJ to trade Holtz or Gritsyuk right now as they play the position of weakness we’re trying to boost. And they’re the best we have right now as far as prospects go.

I realize you have to give to get but it makes more sense for NJ to keep those guys considering where the team is in relation to being good. They’ll be more cost controllable.

The Devils can afford to lose one of our LHD prospects (not named Hughes) for Boeser and they do have some wingers in the system they can afford to let go.

I would hope Fitz tries something like this gif Boeser:

Zacha + Wing from list + D from list

Wingers:

Nolan Foote
Tyce Thompson
Graeme Clarke
Fabian Zetterlund
Jesper Boqvist
Ygor Sharangovich
Janne Kuokannen

Defense:

Nikita Okhotiuk
Kevin Bahl
Colton White
Canucks need rd prospects, ld prospects dont do much for us.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Canucks need rd prospects, ld prospects dont do much for us.
Devils are weak at rhd outside of Hamilton. They have Walsh and McCarthy in the system. Subban is probably going to retire after this season if I had to guess and Severson only has one year left and will probably want to leave.

They just can’t afford to lose any rhd.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I remember last year Devils fans were saying Zacha was better than and worth more than Meier
Umm who said that? I guess every fan base has people that are clueless but I can’t see multiple Devils fans possibly saying this on these forums. Zacha has his supporters and haters and is pretty polarizing but I have not seen anyone on here suggest he is on Meier’s level. Maybe when Meier was at an all time low point in is career and Zacha was in a hot streak at the same time . That’s the only conceivable time I could see someone think that (very sort sighted , and incorrect)

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Devils are weak at rhd outside of Hamilton. They have Walsh and McCarthy in the system. Subban is probably going to retire after this season if I had to guess and Severson only has one year left and will probably want to leave.

They just can’t afford to lose any rhd.
You just don't have much to offer then

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Im not sure NJ would be willing to attach the assets for one of Boeser or Garland needed with Zacha

Unless Vancouver is willing to take NJ's 2023 1st rounder

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Honestly, I don't really get why some Canuck fans are so eager to move on from Boeser. I get most of the usual arguments ~ concerns over his qualifying offer, frustration over his rather inconsistent play, criticisms over his lack of footspeed or the fact he isn't running around mangling people... I also understand they have to restock the coffers somehow, and that trading from their forwards is probably the best way to do that. It just feels like some are willing to virtually give him away.

He's probably the best homegrown goal scorer they've developed in some time (Pettersson would be the only one who could be better and at this point he just doesn't shoot enough imo). His defensive game and playmaking have improved to the point I'd call them strengths. And he's gotten better at getting some greasy ones in close to the net too. In short, I think he gives them an element they'd miss if they moved him.

If his value is as low as it supposedly is, I'd maybe just keep him for now. He doesn't have much leverage to get a huge contract imo. But maybe I'm just an idiot.... :dunno:

Many Canucks fans have been low on Boeser for a while because if he's not producing, he's not doing anything. Even worse is that he can't skate, so he looks like a slug that does nothing. Another issue that frustrates fans is that his shot is his best weapon but he's unable to utilize it consistently because his release is so slow lol.

Add onto it now him having a slow year and his upcoming QO being expensive, and it's not really surprising why Canucks fans are ready to move on.

I personally am a fan of his. Before this season he's been a career 68p / 82gp producer which is very good for his cap-hit even if he provides nothing else. It has been a down year, but I think it's important to remember that his centre has forgotten how to play hockey for most of this season. Boeser is not a play driver so if his linemates aren't going, he's not going either.

I would not mind keeping him whatsoever but a team like NJD can afford to take on some dead cap and we have a lot of it.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Many Canucks fans have been low on Boeser for a while because if he's not producing, he's not doing anything. Even worse is that he can't skate, so he looks like a slug that does nothing. Another issue that frustrates fans is that his shot is his best weapon but he's unable to utilize it consistently because his release is so slow lol.

Add onto it now him having a slow year and his upcoming QO being expensive, and it's not really surprising why Canucks fans are ready to move on.

I personally am a fan of his. Before this season he's been a career 68p / 82gp producer which is very good for his cap-hit even if he provides nothing else. It has been a down year, but I think it's important to remember that his centre has forgotten how to play hockey for most of this season. Boeser is not a play driver so if his linemates aren't going, he's not going either.

I would not mind keeping him whatsoever but a team like NJD can afford to take on some dead cap and we have a lot of it.
I am not interested in Boeser personally and I agree with your post until the last sentence. NJ really cannot take much dead cap, maybe for a year but that is about it IMO.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Im not sure NJ would be willing to attach the assets for one of Boeser or Garland needed with Zacha

Unless Vancouver is willing to take NJ's 2023 1st rounder
I think it's highly unlikely that the Devils will trade their 2023 1st rounder. It wouldn't surprise me if they suck again next season, and then they don't want to lose their chances to draft Berard, Mitchkov or Fantilli.

Reactions: kanucks25

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Not giving up that 2023 1st...no chance, especially not for this package.
I think it's highly unlikely that the Devils will trade their 2023 1st rounder. It wouldn't surprise me if they suck again next season, and then they don't want to lose their chances to draft Berard, Mitchkov or Fantilli.
Thats very fair and Id be fine with keeping it

Though I personally have a sneaking suspicion NJ will take a jump to a near-playoff team next year, probably miss by a slim margin. At that point id rather have a Boeser or Garland than a prospect coming in when Nico's contract is nearing its end (just as an example of how long itd be until they contribute)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Mutual insults aside, do trades happen once they get leaked? I mean how long has Chychryn been on the block? NYR allegedly interested in Miller yet he’s still in VAN. This sort of rumor is just more of the same.

marek is no leak. He’s like a Friedman. Just an opinion guy.

Dhaliwal on the other hand on point again. In jan he said that the Canucks were looking at another female candidate . We hire Cammi Granato.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Dhaliwal on the other hand on point again. In jan he said that the Canucks were looking at another female candidate . We hire Cammi Granato.

mad a NJ fan you are conditioned to know that any leaked trade will not be consummated. Period end of discussion. I presume NYI fans will have to learn that.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

I agree. This seems like another HFB over reaction. Marek said Vancouver is curious about Zacha. Not sure if that deserves like 10 trade proposals in a few hours.

Reactions: lawrence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad