Rumor: Canucks Interested in Zacha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Why would Brock sign below his Qualifying Offer. He would get 7 as a FA somewhere so if Van refuses to qualify him at 7.5 he goes to UFA. He hasn't played up to 7 million this year, but someone would for sure pay him that on the open market.

If BOEser will sogn at 6.5 x six there is little chance Van tradES him.

I'm aware of this, but it's also cap-redistribution. There isn't really room for a winger that makes between 6-8 mil on Vancouver in the coming years. One way or another, Boeser is probably gone. If there was no Tyler Myers or OEL around, possibly.

Brock might sign below his QO for security - given his injury history, his camp may think there is some merit to getting long term security at the cost of a few million less.

We will see.

What if the deal to NJ that I suggested earlier had Brock at 7.5 x 6 years?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Why would Brock sign below his Qualifying Offer. He would get 7 as a FA somewhere so if Van refuses to qualify him at 7.5 he goes to UFA. He hasn't played up to 7 million this year, but someone would for sure pay him that on the open market.
He has 2 years of RFA left, with a down year he likely takes more money via 6.5x6 over 7.5x2(Arb can award less in the 2nd year if betting on himself fails). This gives him a guaranteed pay day, and security incase of a bad injury.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
My thoughts on Van's "interest" in Zacha is that he is the warm body they want back in any potential Boeser or Garland deal. I think there are better targets as the warm body, but meh.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
So how often does he play C? I don't have interest in Zacha as a LW.

I'd replace Dickinson in a heart beat with him on the 3C though.

Zacha is no more ideal than Dickinson at 3c (albeit for different reasons). He's not the best defensive player, and is best suited to the wing to help mask those deficiencies. There's a reason why they're so keen on playing Mercer at C, and why some Devil fans want to bring in a 3c

Honestly, I don't really get why some Canuck fans are so eager to move on from Boeser. I get most of the usual arguments ~ concerns over his qualifying offer, frustration over his rather inconsistent play, criticisms over his lack of footspeed or the fact he isn't running around mangling people... I also understand they have to restock the coffers somehow, and that trading from their forwards is probably the best way to do that. It just feels like some are willing to virtually give him away.

He's probably the best homegrown goal scorer they've developed in some time (Pettersson would be the only one who could be better and at this point he just doesn't shoot enough imo). His defensive game and playmaking have improved to the point I'd call them strengths. And he's gotten better at getting some greasy ones in close to the net too. In short, I think he gives them an element they'd miss if they moved him.

If his value is as low as it supposedly is, I'd maybe just keep him for now. He doesn't have much leverage to get a huge contract imo. But maybe I'm just an idiot.... :dunno:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, im think it might have to do around a guy like hoglander not garland

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I think there is some good merit to this deal you have proposed. Allow me to make a suggestion:

To NJ:
Boeser, extended @ 6.5m x 6 years
Jason Dickinson or Tucker Poolman, NJ decides
3rd round pick

to Van
Zacha
2023 1st round pick

What do you reckon on that? Although Dickinson / Poolman's hits are not debilitating, they are still not playing up to their 2.5m cap hits.
This just gave me the herp.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Zacha is no more ideal than Dickinson at 3c (albeit for different reasons). He's not the best defensive player, and is best suited to the wing to help mask those deficiencies. There's a reason why they're so keen on playing Mercer at C, and why some Devil fans want to bring in a 3c

Honestly, I don't really get why some Canuck fans are so eager to move on from Boeser. I get most of the usual arguments ~ concerns over his qualifying offer, frustration over his rather inconsistent play, criticisms over his lack of footspeed or the fact he isn't running around mangling people... I also understand they have to restock the coffers somehow, and that trading from their forwards is probably the best way to do that. It just feels like some are willing to virtually give him away.

He's probably the best homegrown goal scorer they've developed in some time (Pettersson would be the only one who could be better and at this point he just doesn't shoot enough imo). His defensive game and playmaking have improved to the point I'd call them strengths. And he's gotten better at getting some greasy ones in close to the net too. In short, I think he gives them an element they'd miss if they moved him.

If his value is as low as it supposedly is, I'd maybe just keep him for now. He doesn't have much leverage to get a huge contract imo. But maybe I'm just an idiot.... :dunno:

No, I'm with you. His diminished value is due solely to his lack of production, at least to my eye, but he isn't a liability setting up, or even playing D. I disagree with defense being a strength, but he's not a liability.

I mean if we're offered a package we can't refuse, I don't think Boeser is off the table, but he is our best sniper and we just have to get him back to scoring consistently. McLeod and Zacha isn't that package, although again I'd like either one in a separate package.

-------------------------

As for any Devils fans we haven't scared off:

If Boeser for Zacha+ is being insisted upon (for arguments sake, no one is really pushing this), and a first is off the table, would a prospect like Foote, Mukhamadullin, Stillman, Bahl and/or Smith be available? What about someone like Wood, Bastian and McLeod?

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
No, I'm with you. His diminished value is due solely to his lack of production, at least to my eye, but he isn't a liability setting up, or even playing D. I disagree with defense being a strength, but he's not a liability.

I mean if we're offered a package we can't refuse, I don't think Boeser is off the table, but he is our best sniper and we just have to get him back to scoring consistently. McLeod and Zacha isn't that package, although again I'd like either one in a separate package.

-------------------------

As for any Devils fans we haven't scared off:

If Boeser for Zacha+ is being insisted upon (for arguments sake, no one is really pushing this), and a first is off the table, would a prospect like Foote, Mukhamadullin, Stillman, Bahl and/or Smith be available? What about someone like Wood, Bastian and McLeod?

A lot by of Devils fans are down on Smith this year because he’s been pretty bad but he’s still young and probably having a sophomore slump.

Our LHD depth is pretty set for the future and depending on what side L Hughes plays in the NHL some of them will probably be expendable. I’d personally like to keep Smith for now but I’m guessing it would have to be either him or Mukhamadullin.

Zacha + Foote + Bahl

for

Boeser + 3rd?

Still seems a little underwhelming for Vancouver.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
A lot by of Devils fans are down on Smith this year because he’s been pretty bad but he’s still young and probably having a sophomore slump.

Our LHD depth is pretty set for the future and depending on what side L Hughes plays in the NHL some of them will probably be expendable. I’d personally like to keep Smith for now but I’m guessing it would have to be either him or Mukhamadullin.

Zacha + Foote + Bahl

for

Boeser + 3rd?

Foote was a highly regarded prospect, last I checked, has his stock fallen as well? Bahl I know isn't worth a ton, but I do like the idea of having a slow-cooking, big D almost ready for a debut in the system. Being a local to New Westminster doesn't hurt either. He is more of a throw in for that third though, if I'm to be honest, as I think he's set at a third pairing guy later in his career...if I'm not mistaken.

I mean I wouldn't hate a return looking like this, but I guess we'd have to smooth out the edges a little, maybe beef up or balance one side or the other.

I also didn't think to include Gritsyuk or Holtz, mostly because of how I perceived their value to the Devils, before anyone screams at me.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I also didn't think to include Gritsyuk or Holtz, mostly because of how I perceived their value to the Devils, before anyone screams at me.

I honestly have never heard of that guy before I googled him. NJD definitely has the pieces that would make a Boeser/Granlund trade possible as they are stacked with young roster players/NHL ready prospects

Reactions: Cogburn

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
The offer must start with a 1st then add Boeser if Vancouver wants Zacha

You're kidding right?
Here are their two career stat lines, I won't say whose is which here but it's readily available online.

GP G A P +/- PPG TOI Pts P/G
296112125237-12783811618:378490.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

3616699165-631022251015:435980.5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'll just say you must've put the + 1st on the wrong side.

Reactions: Fatass

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I'm aware of this, but it's also cap-redistribution. There isn't really room for a winger that makes between 6-8 mil on Vancouver in the coming years. One way or another, Boeser is probably gone. If there was no Tyler Myers or OEL around, possibly.

Brock might sign below his QO for security - given his injury history, his camp may think there is some merit to getting long term security at the cost of a few million less.

We will see.

Yeah i hear what you're saying but I don't see it since the deal was specifically structured to have that QO. But just my opinion and like you said, we'll see.

As to the deal itself I'm a Van fan and don't hate it but don't like it. Value is probably pretty close but if we are after Zacha, I don't love the idea of using Boeser to get him. I really think Boeser needs to be used to get a RD.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

We will see.

Van would keep Boeser and move Garland.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Zacha + Foote + Bahl

for

Boeser + 3rd?

No.

Boeser for Foote + McCarthy + a pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad