Rumor: Canucks Interested in Zacha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Seriously? Boeser is a top 6 RW still on an RFA contract. Definitely an upgrade over Zacha and fills a team need for top 6 RW.

Severson makes more mistakes than good plays. He’s been whining about being on a losing team for the past 5 years while being part of the problem the whole time. He’s not going to re-sign.

If Vancouver needs to add a 3rd or something to even it out fine but the value is not as far off as you reacted.

Boeser to New Jersey makes sense, you make a compelling case.

Severson would be coming to a losing team, and we have a ton of boneheaded RHD that make bad and WTF plays. He is not a fit here, at all, when you put it that way. Myers is king idiot on our RHD, but he's be oddly even keeled when it comes to bad plays and good since Boudreau took over. Hamonic and Schenn are safer, but also play fewer games and minutes, respectively. Our remaining right side D give us all the bad plays most of us can physically handle.

We definitely would not be looking to add in a situation like, the total package isn't compelling for one of our more coveted forwards.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
What? Deal , no returnsy’s . No way the Canucks do that. I wish. Players I can see the Devils like - Boeser Rathbone Miller Hughes. All are either untouchable or Zacha is not even remotely close to enough value. Maybe Zacha plus a 1st or another asset like Ty Smith
That deal gives us like 6 mill in cap space which is a lot for a cap team. I could see us doing that

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
What? Deal , no returnsy’s . No way the Canucks do that. I wish. Players I can see the Devils like - Boeser Rathbone Miller Hughes. All are either untouchable or Zacha is not even remotely close to enough value. Maybe Zacha plus a 1st or another asset like Ty Smith

I'd be fine with it, opens up a ton of cap space for us.

Poolman has a negative value contract.

Limited #6 D-man signed to 2.5M for 3 more years after this one (thanks Benning).

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
That deal gives us like 6 mill in cap space which is a lot for a cap team. I could see us doing that

I'd be fine with it, opens up a ton of cap space for us.

Poolman has a negative value contract.

Limited #6 D-man signed to 2.5M for 3 more years after this one (thanks Benning).

I think it's a little light, Poolman's inclusion not withstanding. Zacha and McLeod are both 24 years old, not much younger than Boeser, and are trending below a half point per game, even season by season. We'd need some kind of young asset back with it.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I think it's a little light, Poolman's inclusion not withstanding. Zacha and McLeod are both 24 years old, not much younger than Boeser, and are trending below a half point per game, even season by season. We'd need some kind of young asset back with it.

Not sure if Boeser's value is that high right now, especially considering his expensive QO.

I would take it just for the cap space it opens up for us.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Not sure if Boeser's value is that high right now, especially considering his expensive QO.

We'd be trading him and a bad contract for two middle sixers, in essence. High draft position is one thing, but Zacha and McLoed were drafted in 2015 and 2016 respectively. It's like trading for a 2018 model Pearson and a current model Motte. I don't feel his value dropped that low.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

Zacha’s value must not be that high either. Especially if what Marek said about his agent planning to sign the QO and taking Zacha straight to UFA after next year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

that’s what’s getting lost in this. Boeser has to be qualified at $7.5 mil or he hits UFA. I can’t see VAN doing that. Now, NJ may not either and obviously if they can’t agree on some sort of extension with Boeser they wouldn’t need him for the big push down the stretch to go from the sixth pick spot to the seventh pick spot. Contracts are just as important as the player in a hard cap league. Folks forget that.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
that’s what’s getting lost in this. Boeser has to be qualified at $7.5 mil or he hits UFA. I can’t see VAN doing that. Now, NJ may not either and obviously if they can’t agree on some sort of extension with Boeser they wouldn’t need him for the big push down the stretch to go from the sixth pick spot to the seventh pick spot. Contracts are just as important as the player in a hard cap league. Folks forget that.

We can offer him a longer contract at a lower cap hit and still be fine. He and Motte are our only big holes needing to be replaced this off season, we'll be alright. If that's an issue for the Devils, we should discuss other assets.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We can offer him a longer contract at a lower cap hit and still be fine. He and Motte are our only big holes needing to be replaced this off season, we'll be alright. If that's an issue for the Devils, we should discuss other assets.

sure but why haven’t they done that already? Something tells me we will see more guys playing out that last QO and going to free agency. Do you see Boeser taking anything less than five years and five mil per? That’s still a big chunk of change. NJ has more cap room than VAN so it’s not an issue of that so much as will these guys approaching UFA with a good but not great track record forego it for anything short of an overpayment

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Brock Boeser, Dickinson and Palmu for Zacha and 2023 1st (top 5 protected)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
sure but why haven’t they done that already? Something tells me we will see more guys playing out that last QO and going to free agency. Do you see Boeser taking anything less than five years and five mil per? That’s still a big chunk of change. NJ has more cap room than VAN so it’s not an issue of that so much as will these guys approaching UFA with a good but not great track record forego it for anything short of an overpayment

Well one huge reason is that we recently fired almost every member of our front office staff. I'd argue, based on how our cap structure goes, we could likely get him for 6 million for 6 years, which is 150,000/season more then his current cap hit. I also suspect we might see some buy outs/trades for some of the less attractive contracts signed prior to said firings.

One plus is, that aside from Rutherfords' long tenure in the league, we have at least one AGM with a lot of experience as a player agent as well, and when we had Gillis here (with his similar kind of history) many of our resignings were quite palatable.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Zacha and McLeod 10000000000% does nothing for Vancouver in moving the needle.

In fact it probably makes them a lot worse if they moved to garland who is their best even strength player.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Seriously? Boeser is a top 6 RW still on an RFA contract. Definitely an upgrade over Zacha and fills a team need for top 6 RW.

Severson makes more mistakes than good plays. He’s been whining about being on a losing team for the past 5 years while being part of the problem the whole time. He’s not going to re-sign.

If Vancouver needs to add a 3rd or something to even it out fine but the value is not as far off as you reacted.
Boeser has five more points than Zacha and given a lot of more offensive opportunity. I am not going to throw Severson in as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad