Rumor: Canucks Interested in Zacha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Rutherford trying to become Jimbo 2.0? Zacha would be a worse target than Jason Dickinson.

My guess. Marek and Friedman have been reading too much of HFboards. Guys are both absolute clowns that have no inside sources and just "speculate".

Reactions: Smitty426

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
What? Deal , no returnsy’s . No way the Canucks do that. I wish. Players I can see the Devils like - Boeser Rathbone Miller x. All are either untouchable or Zacha is not even remotely close to enough value. Maybe Zacha plus a 1st or another asset like Ty Smith
Don't do that. Never mentioned x in a trade threat to NJ. Never.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Would laugh so hard if they deal Garland for Zacha and a pick or prospect

They've struck me as opposite players, at least concerning physicality, size and style of play. Sort of the opposite of what we need to do, if Garland's the ask for Zacha, barring him being for cap or roster considerations, I hope we opt out.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
All these guys Zacha, Boeser and Garland are about 0.5ppg this season, so I'm not sure if flipping them around does much difference. It would be a hoping for a bounce back, change of scenary type of trade, which is always just a gamble. Garland I think has most value of them because his all around game, but are the devils getting the 0.8ppg pace Garland from Arizona or the 0.6ppg pace from this season. A lot of Devils fans seem to think Boeser is the same 35+ goals rookie season Boeser, but in honesty he hasn't been close to that in 3 years and is pretty much bottom of the Canucks +- list. And Zacha while he can play C, is better at wing, so getting him just because he's a C might be a mistake. He is the highest drafted guy from these, so there's always that Sam Bennett type bounce back potential. Who knows what a new scenary, new system / coach, new linemates could do, although I doubt he'll be much more than a 0.5ppg guy. If your team is not performing, I guess it's better to do something than nothing, but I don't see how Zacha + picks and prospects help Canucks much at all.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It might be a bit sideways and probably doesn't move the needle much for either team, but as a change of scenery type move, how about Compher for Zacha?

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018
Pavel Zacha for Brock Boeser and Jason Dickinson or Tucker Poolman. Its a capworld out there and Canucks is a cap team. I follow the Canucks and my friends Poolman and Dickinson have negative value. The Canucks new management wins on this bc last time a checked Boeser is on a 0.6p/G thats around 50p on 80games pace.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
probably looking to add more depth at centre, however this is not reported by Dhaliwal so its just a rumor.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Something around Boeser for Zacha would be a coup for NJ. I get that Boeser has dropped a bit this year and has a high QO, but Zacha is nothing more than a 3rd line gadget winger.

Zacha can't play C, sucks defensively, is a soft perimeter guy, doesn't use his size and doesn't drive play, and his production is entirely dependent on how good his center is.

Putting Boeser on a line with Hughes or Hischier would really strengthen NJ's top-6 and PP.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Something around Boeser for Zacha would be a coup for NJ. I get that Boeser has dropped a bit this year and has a high QO, but Zacha is nothing more than a 3rd line gadget winger.

Zacha can't play C, sucks defensively, is a soft perimeter guy, doesn't use his size and doesn't drive play, and his production is entirely dependent on how good his center is.

Putting Boeser on a line with Hughes or Hischier would really strengthen NJ's top-6 and PP.

There's no way we trading Boeser for Zacha. People can't honestly believe that Pettersson is a 40 point value p layer just because he's on that pace? Give me a break.

Just a random rumor.

Reactions: gianni

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa

Exactly what we don’t need. Doesn’t make a lot of sense for Van unless we’re dumping cap (i.e. Poolman/Dickenson NOT Boeser) or piece in a bigger deal. Still do not like the target.

This and the Kravstov runour are weird that way.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Zacha and Boeser are both change of scenery guys potentially but the gap in their value and proven upside is significant. Given that the “rumor” is the Canucks are interested in Zacha, I’d think it likely they are trying to buy low on Zacha as a reclamation project and that they’d be the ones offering the “package of pieces” for their target, not the better and more valuable player. Not that the Devils would oblige them.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
My guess would be more along the lines of Boeser for Zacha
That makes zero sense for the Canucks, if they’re trying to get bigger.
Move a 6’1 big body and keep the 5’10 and 5’9 guys.
As for value, Boeser returns more than Zacha and no way in hell does VAN add to him to get just Zacha.

Last edited:

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
Yea Holtz is a no go, but I am not really sure either what would have to be added with Zacha to land Boeser. Devils need wingers who can ride shotgun as a top 2 RW. Sure they are hoping Holtz is ready by next season perhaps but even if he does slot in there a massive hole still exists internally. Which is why Boeser makes sense. We need a proven producer, no more question marks. We can at least write in 20g for Brock playing with Hughes or Hischier.

How about a 2023 1st plus Zacha for a Boeser extension? No way are we are giving up next years first and I dont know what body the Nucks would want packaged with Zacha. Hopefully by 23 the devils won’t be drafting in the top 10, but I have had that thought many a time recently as a devils fan.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yea Holtz is a no go, but I am not really sure either what would have to be added with Zacha to land Boeser. Devils need wingers who can ride shotgun as a top 2 RW. Sure they are hoping Holtz is ready by next season perhaps but even if he does slot in there a massive hole still exists internally. Which is why Boeser makes sense. We need a proven producer, no more question marks. We can at least write in 20g for Brock playing with Hughes or Hischier.

How about a 2023 1st plus Zacha for a Boeser extension? No way are we are giving up next years first and I dont know what body the Nucks would want packaged with Zacha. Hopefully by 23 the devils won’t be drafting in the top 10, but I have had that thought many a time recently as a devils fan.
would not the devils prefer Garland. He’s signed for four more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad