Rumor: Canucks Interested in Zacha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
would not the devils prefer Garland. He’s signed for four more years.
Garland makes sense over Boeser… and is more realistic a return.
Ultimately it depends on who the new VAN management values more and what they see for the Canucks future, both near and far.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Zacha gives me Sven Baertschi vibes….probably pass unless it’s a Boeser for 1st and Zacha? I dunno though I feel Boeser has much much higher ceiling

2.25 million contract now, what does he sign for?

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
would not the devils prefer Garland. He’s signed for four more years.

I honestly would be happy for either, I just think Boeser fills a greater need and has higher upside playing with one of our young centers, admittedly I have not seen Garland play as much as I have Boeser.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
All these guys Zacha, Boeser and Garland are about 0.5ppg this season, so I'm not sure if flipping them around does much difference. It would be a hoping for a bounce back, change of scenary type of trade, which is always just a gamble. Garland I think has most value of them because his all around game, but are the devils getting the 0.8ppg pace Garland from Arizona or the 0.6ppg pace from this season. A lot of Devils fans seem to think Boeser is the same 35+ goals rookie season Boeser, but in honesty he hasn't been close to that in 3 years and is pretty much bottom of the Canucks +- list. And Zacha while he can play C, is better at wing, so getting him just because he's a C might be a mistake. He is the highest drafted guy from these, so there's always that Sam Bennett type bounce back potential. Who knows what a new scenary, new system / coach, new linemates could do, although I doubt he'll be much more than a 0.5ppg guy. If your team is not performing, I guess it's better to do something than nothing, but I don't see how Zacha + picks and prospects help Canucks much at all.
Shhhh! Let it happen!

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Just depends on what your front office is trying to do (which I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what they are doing... The rumors are weird across the board) and how they feel about him.

Well I really hope they’re not trying to get older, more expensive and not fill any holes with the trades they make.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
So how often does he play C? I don't have interest in Zacha as a LW.

I'd replace Dickinson in a heart beat with him on the 3C though.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Yea Holtz is a no go, but I am not really sure either what would have to be added with Zacha to land Boeser. Devils need wingers who can ride shotgun as a top 2 RW. Sure they are hoping Holtz is ready by next season perhaps but even if he does slot in there a massive hole still exists internally. Which is why Boeser makes sense. We need a proven producer, no more question marks. We can at least write in 20g for Brock playing with Hughes or Hischier.

How about a 2023 1st plus Zacha for a Boeser extension? No way are we are giving up next years first and I dont know what body the Nucks would want packaged with Zacha. Hopefully by 23 the devils won’t be drafting in the top 10, but I have had that thought many a time recently as a devils fan.

I think there is some good merit to this deal you have proposed. Allow me to make a suggestion:

To NJ:
Boeser, extended @ 6.5m x 6 years
Jason Dickinson or Tucker Poolman, NJ decides
3rd round pick

to Van
Zacha
2023 1st round pick

What do you reckon on that? Although Dickinson / Poolman's hits are not debilitating, they are still not playing up to their 2.5m cap hits.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Is Hoglander falling out of sorts in Van though? Plus ZAcha is a much bigger guy, who plays centre.

Yea, Hoglander is kind of redundant with Garland and he hasnt done himself any favors this year. Can't finish and is taking dumb penalties/turning over the puck at the blueline

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I think there is some good merit to this deal you have proposed. Allow me to make a suggestion:

To NJ:
3rd round pick

to Van
Zacha
2023 1st round pick

What do you reckon on that? Although Dickinson / Poolman's hits are not debilitating, they are still not playing up to their 2.5m cap hits.

Why would Brock sign below his Qualifying Offer. He would get 7 as a FA somewhere so if Van refuses to qualify him at 7.5 he goes to UFA. He hasn't played up to 7 million this year, but someone would for sure pay him that on the open market.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

To NJ:
3rd round pick

to Van
Zacha
2023 1st round pick

If BOEser will sogn at 6.5 x six there is little chance Van tradES him.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yea, Hoglander is kind of redundant with Garland and he hasnt done himself any favors this year. Can't finish and is taking dumb penalties/turning over the puck at the blueline
And if Van does trade MILler Zacha will fill that spot, and be younger and cheaper. SAme size guy with similar skills. MILler was bouncing between the NHL and AHL at that age, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad