Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
If Benning traded Horvat now, he would be fired the same day. That would be some Chiarelli mess and Benning is not as dumb as Chiarelli
I’d actually bet money that Chiarelli is much more intelligent. Not even sure Benning got his grade 10.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
You misunderstood my metaphor.

You don't think that what the Canucks might want IF they dealt Horvat is fair, you would want to offer that for a different player.

The metaphor of being 'on the phone' isn't communicating with me, it's staying in this thread.

Are you not allowed in this thread unless you think Horvat is worth a wild overpayment? Perhaps you're confusing this board with the Canucks board?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I doubt Yzerman would pay (overpay) that price for a 2C who is gonna be 27 in Four months & UFA in '23. Not to mention Horvat isn't known for his defensive prowess/2-way ability/PK etc.

Det. has historically had good 2-way C's, the caveat is the rebuild era.

Also not a good fit for VAN, they need Dmen that are more defense 1st. OEL & Hughes are the PMD's.
I don’t disagree. It’s not a good deal for either side.

I was just responding to the guy bragging that was the best they could deal Horvat for, it’s not an offer I would match asset wise

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

I was just responding to the guy bragging that was the best they could deal Horvat for, it’s not an offer I would match asset wise
Yes, I'm aware of the post you were referring to.

Luckily for Avs fans, Sakic agrees with your non-match of assets.

Do you think Kadri gets moved by TDL?

Is it really a good idea? he's producing, UFA+Cup motivated vet & seems to fit. with the mass exodus of depth in the offseason I would think some stability might be par for the course, but I'm an outsider looking in, so what do I know.

The Timmins trade was the head-scratcher for me, but Burnaby Joe was in a tight spot, so kinda understandable too.

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
How about since Petterson is seeming like he desperastely needs a change of scenery, Petterson for Byram

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
This is crazy that the canucks are going to trade a good player instead of simply getting rid of Green

To be fair, both may happen. Benning has left us in such a disastrous position, we need to do a full tear down. We're not contending anytime soon and we have no impact prospects to speak of. It sucks to lose players like Horvat and Miller but they could actually help fix our laughable prospect pool going forward.

Why in the world would they trade Horvat?

Would love him on the isles. Don’t think we have the room unless there’s forward(s) going the other way.

would be funny. VAN traded Schnieder for rhe Horvat pick and if Lou traded for him they would be teammates.

Make a pitch. If we're moving Horvat, I'd be fine eating a bad contract and/or hold salary if the package coming back is worthwhile.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
To be fair, both may happen. Benning has left us in such a disastrous position, we need to do a full tear down. We're not contending anytime soon and we have no impact prospects to speak of. It sucks to lose players like Horvat and Miller but they could actually help fix our laughable prospect pool going forward.

Make a pitch. If we're moving Horvat, I'd be fine eating a bad contract and/or hold salary if the package coming back is worthwhile.

I wouldn’t even know where to begin. If the Canucks are trading Horvat they’re obviously rebuilding I would say or in the least wouldn’t mind draft picks?

I just don’t know if the isles would be willing to give up what VAN would want. I don’t think it’s wise to give up Dobson. And the isles farm system doesn’t have any legit blue chips besides Raty right now.

Another team would probably be in a better position to offer what VAN would want honestly.

tell you the truth id want Both Horvat and Miller lol

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, Horvats value is very high.
The guy has not had a consistent good talent on his line for years, if ever.
One of the top face-off guys in the nhl
The only proposal I have seen so far that I would actually do in here is byram for horvat
1 for 1

Last edited:

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Van needs Top 4 young RHD?

Det: Horvat + small cap dump
Van: Hronek, Zadina, 2022 2nd + Albert Johansson

wings get the 2C they desperately need
Van gets top 4 RHD, top 6 fwd, draft pick cap relief and stud LHD prospect

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Ugh I would be pissed to see Horvat go but this franchise is in such disarray right now its not even funny. Want to see some of these guys succeed since its not going to be here until theres a major overhaul and somehow ownership still thinks Benning has a "plan"

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Van needs Top 4 young RHD?

Det: Horvat + small cap dump
Van: Hronek, Zadina, 2022 2nd + Albert Johansson

wings get the 2C they desperately need
Van gets top 4 RHD, top 6 fwd, draft pick cap relief and stud LHD prospect
I really like Horvat, but Detroit is still rebuilding and shouldn't be making trades where they give up 4 Young/future assets for 1 older.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Eichel is having major surgery and there is a ton of question makes on his recovery. He’s also not playing all of this year and his contract is a lot larger than Horvat. As much of a better player Eichel is than Horvat, this is a Terrible comparable.
Eichel already had his surgery and walked out of the hospital within the hour of it being completed. Most medical experts I’ve seen asked about it expect to see him plsying after the Olympic break. There’s not nearly as many questions regarding his health as you suggest

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Not sure if I believe this, but if only one player is still following Horvat, your team captain, perhaps the probably in the locker room is not Miller. What a strange situation? Honestly, this feels like a failure higher up in terms of leadership that has trickled down into the locker room. Hope that the Canucks can get it worked out, I like some of their pieces as a team/organization moving forward.

Look Up

Let me tell you about my Celica again
Oct 3, 2013
I feel there are reasons miller has been moved multiple times. Never know what is going on behind closed doors but there are serious rumblings of it being miller vs horvat. I see miller on his way out before our youngish captain. The real need for the canucks is a new gm and coach. Give everyone on the team a fresh start then figure out who needs or wants to go.
Get rid of benning and green!

Perhaps that factored into it, but it appears in Tampa's case it was the need to clear his $5.2M salary.

Keep in mind Miller was traded in the offseason by the Bolts for picks due Tampa's impending cap crunch and their need to re-sign Kucherov, McDonagh, and Gourde.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn’t even know where to begin. If the Canucks are trading Horvat they’re obviously rebuilding I would say or in the least wouldn’t mind draft picks?

I just don’t know if the isles would be willing to give up what VAN would want. I don’t think it’s wise to give up Dobson. And the isles farm system doesn’t have any legit blue chips besides Raty right now.

Another team would probably be in a better position to offer what VAN would want honestly.

tell you the truth id want Both Horvat and Miller lol
Yeah and Raty is not a blue chip

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Eichel is having major surgery and there is a ton of question makes on his recovery. He’s also not playing all of this year and his contract is a lot larger than Horvat. As much of a better player Eichel is than Horvat, this is a Terrible comparable.
Yup it’s terrible comparison. Horvat is UFA after next year. Eichel probably ends up lasting longer.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Horvat? Colorado for Newhook actually does make sense. What's the add. A 2nd plus Newhook?

Newhook or Byram are not available.

Sakic already has Kadri pushing for a new deal. Horvat's extra year is not enough to mortgage prospects. Barron + 3rd is the likely offer.

AVs are likely going to pass. Horvat was the replace 2C - Kadri. Rants could become the next 2C and Newhook 3C.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Colorado and Vancouver are terrible trading partners. What Vancouver needs Colorado can’t lose, what Colorado would be willing to give up Vancouver doesn’t need

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Rangers should be in on this but they would have to shed salary next year

Chytil, Kravtsov, Georgiev
For Horvat and Hakak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad