Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
a wings fans in this thead offered 1st/hronek/zadina.

that's much better than your offer since hronek is already a top 4 d and zadina has top 6 potential.

I don't understand how you can't see that at the deadline top rentals get 1st+. the difference between getting horvat for an additional year is not going to be just a prospect. Especially when that prospect is not bluechip. Hell I'm not even sure if he'd be considered a top prospect. Just because he's the avs top prospect doesn't mean he's seen around the league as a top prospect.

Tell me what makes barron so good that you feel that offer would be fair

You keep on asking for examples but never actually rationalize why your offer is so fair.
Yeah Hronek + Zadina + Detroit’s 22 1st is a better package than I’d be willing to offer.

Id encourage Canucks fans to take that hypothetical offer

Reactions: zcaptain and DJN21

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If Benning traded Horvat now, he would be fired the same day. That would be some Chiarelli mess and Benning is not as dumb as Chiarelli
Chiarelli built through the draft. Benning is leaving the Canucks in shambles. They won't be competitive for a while.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why? The Leafs would be better adding JT Miller. Think something around Robertson/Amirov, Niemala/Liljegren, a 1st 2022/23, and Ritchie for Miller, Ferland and Shenn.

I would take either one I'm just thinking Matthews Tavares Horvat would look pretty nice down the middle come playoff time

Then again So would Miller Matthews Marner

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
why do Ranger fans keep throwing Lundqvist at us when we’ve already said there is zero fit for him on this team and he’s not the player you want as the main piece for Horvat/Miller/Boeser. If Schneider is a no go then I really don’t see a fit here.

Schneider is seen as the eventual replacement for Trouba, whose contract prices him out in a couple of years. That's why people are offering Lundkvist. Lundkvist, who admittedly is acclimatizing to the NHL currently, will become a very good player in his own right but that will be with an offense based game, and the NYR already have Fox long term.

Personally I think Schneider could be involved in a trade for Horvat, but he is also a year or two away and that doesn't help Vancouver in the here and now.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As a Canucks fan, I'm pouring the soup down the drain and starting with a new base.

Celery, carrots, onions. Horvat, Demko, Hughes.
(Obviously OEL is here to stay as well.)

That's a perfectly adequate base to (re)build around.
Everybody else should be on the table.

While, I agree that Horvat has not been good enough this year - he was born for the playoffs.
If there's friction between JT and Bo, it's pretty obvious which one would stay and which one would go...
Both may as well go. Both are gone in 18 months.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'm sorry, I didn't know this was the Bo Horvat fanclub headquarters.
Mhmm, but if you hear a realistic price and don't like it, and then name a player you would prefer then why don't you create a thread about that player? What are you adding to the conversation by saying, "I won't pay reasonable prices for this player, I prefer player x'.

Okay, if that's your contribution then why stay in this thread?

I don't mean this as a personal attack whatsoever. I just don't get how that added to the discourse.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
If they’re so meddlesome why the f*** haven’t they fired Benning yet
Do you really find this confusing?
Probably because he acts as a meat shield for their own dealings. The incoherence and sudden changes in direction by Benning are almost certainly coming from above him.

You can pin much of the execution on him, but the deepest rot starts above him.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Horvat? Colorado for Newhook actually does make sense. What's the add. A 2nd plus Newhook?

I don't think Newhook is traded for a #2C anymore with the way Kadri has been playing and the Avs getting out of their slump. If the Avs were still struggling, it would be a lot more likely.

Sakic will probably go for a smaller piece and look at a #3C or middle 6 winger at the TDL.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Mhmm, but if you hear a realistic price and don't like it, and then name a player you would prefer then why don't you create a thread about that player? What are you adding to the conversation by saying, "I won't pay reasonable prices for this player, I prefer player x'.

Okay, if that's your contribution then why stay in this thread?

I don't mean this as a personal attack whatsoever. I just don't get how that added to the discourse.

That's not an accurate recap.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Dear leafs fans, you dont have anything of interest to the Canucks please stop trying to trade your scraps to us

thanks
Riiiight. The superior Canucks with their superior players and superior prospect system. It was just last year that we were hearing how much better the Canucks would be than the Leafs in the near future

You would think you'd have some humility with the way things have turned out. The Leafs have decent prospects, picks and players that could be offered.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Riiiight. The superior Canucks with their superior players and superior prospect system. It was just last year that we were hearing how much better the Canucks would be than the Leafs in the near future

You would think you'd have some humility with the way things have turned out. The Leafs have decent prospects, picks and players that could be offered.

Non of which is what we need. and since you wanted to be a dick in the first half how many playoff series have you won again?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
You said:

Which to me is like the part where GM's mutually agree that there isn't a fit and hang up the phone.
So I ask again, why are you still on the 'phone'?

I don't understand the butt-hurt.

That's a 100% accurate statement. If Boston is giving up major assets, it will be for the better player.

I'm on the phone because you keep on calling, trying to recap the situation. If you don't like answer, why do you keep calling?

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Non of which is what we need. and since you wanted to be a dick in the first half how many playoff series have you won again?

Your team needs a lot. Every single team in the league has players, prospects and picks of value. The Canucks should be exploring ALL options

Is that the rebuttal you really want to go with? The number of leafs ' playoffs wins is irrelevant to this topic

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
You should counter propose,
Girard
for Jet woo and a 3rd

Girard is not having a good year so we can get him for pennies based on Avs fans logic.
You mean that defenseman that has 2 points less in 6 less games than your “top level” center?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Your team needs a lot

Is that the rebuttal you really want to go with? The number of leafs ' playoffs wins is irrelevant to this topic

We need Defense specifically young NHL RHDs or near NHL ready RD who arent just offensive juggernauts and are relatively big in stature. Your team doesnt have any defenseman in your system or on your team that fit that need.

We dont need more any more forwards on long term tickets, we have enough of them as is and dispite what the average fan system we have a fair share of them who are going to be coming over in the next couple of year. (Karlsson, Jasek, Mcdonaugh, Klimovich etc)

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I don't understand the butt-hurt.

That's a 100% accurate statement. If Boston is giving up major assets, it will be for the better player.

I'm on the phone because you keep on calling, trying to recap the situation. If you don't like answer, why do you keep calling?
You misunderstood my metaphor.

You don't think that what the Canucks might want IF they dealt Horvat is fair, you would want to offer that for a different player.

The metaphor of being 'on the phone' isn't communicating with me, it's staying in this thread.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Horvat, playing at his usual level (i.e. don't judge this tire fire season where the players have quit), is a 1B/2B-level center. Unless that Cup caliber team has a Malkin-like 2nd line center, Horvat is more than capable of filling that role on a contender. He's basically a B. Schenn-level center and the Blues just won a Cup with him.
That's ~ my take also, though I'd add that Horvat isn't known for his defensive prowess & PK.

Nice username btw & avatar.

Reactions: nowhereman

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Yeah Hronek + Zadina + Detroit’s 22 1st is a better package than I’d be willing to offer.

Id encourage Canucks fans to take that hypothetical offer
I doubt Yzerman would pay (overpay) that price for a 2C who is gonna be 27 in Four months & UFA in '23. Not to mention Horvat isn't known for his defensive prowess/2-way ability/PK etc.

Det. has historically had good 2-way C's, the caveat is the rebuild era.

Also not a good fit for VAN, they need Dmen that are more defense 1st. OEL & Hughes are the PMD's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad