Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Can i have ur best player and take no risk at all? Please sign here. The state of this place sometimes. Cesspool

Reactions: Szechwan

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Those are pretty bad proposals except the Byram one and Canucks wont add Rathbone to Horvat for Byram. It will be Horvat for Byram straight up.
I don’t agree here. Bryan is worth more. In fact I just don’t see the Avs considering this.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Can i have ur best player and take no risk at all? Please sign here. The state of this place sometimes. Cesspool
If Benning traded Horvat now, he would be fired the same day. That would be some Chiarelli mess and Benning is not as dumb as Chiarelli

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don’t agree here. Bryan is worth more. In fact I just don’t see the Avs considering this.
Well Horvat is also worth a lot and I doubt Canucks trade their Captain and 2nd line center for anything less because they really are not that desparate and I doubt they will be rebuilding. Retooling will happen but not rebuilding and trading Horvat signals rebuilding.

Reactions: Szechwan

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
He would be a 10x better player/replacement than Kotkaniemi. Crazy that they both make 6 mil for now.

What could Mtl offer?

I doubt they offer their 1st this year as that will be a very high pick. They dont really have a good prospect pool to choose from either tho.
Id offer the 1st+ and a roster player. They can they trade off the roster player later. But I think they want a restructure trade which makes no sense

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Well, what if Miller, Horvat and Boeser turn it around under a different coach? I mean look at Gaudreau and Tkatchuk under sutter.

the problem is the blue line, it’s bad… really bad on that right side. We’re using 6/7th D man in the top 4. For us to fix the blue line means trading Horvat, Miller, Boeser and/or Pettersson which will then open up holes in the top 6. We’re more than just one D man away for fixing our issues, we also need a much better bottom 6. We’re also too soft and small, just way too my things that need to be fixed here. Benning f***ed up big time with the construction of the team and selling it to the fans as a team that can go into the playoffs.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Byram seems very unrealistic from Colorado. I am sure that Vancouver could get a decent return from some team, but it would not be Byram from Colorado.

Reactions: HyperX

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
the problem is the blue line, it’s bad… really bad on that right side. We’re using 6/7th D man in the top 4. For us to fix the blue line means trading Horvat, Miller, Boeser and/or Pettersson which will then open up holes in the top 6. We’re more than just one D man away for fixing our issues, we also need a much better bottom 6. We’re also too soft and small, just way too my things that need to be fixed here. Benning f***ed up big time with the construction of the team and selling it to the fans as a team that can go into the playoffs.
The problem runs much deeper than the blue line. Much much deeper just look at the way Boeser, Pettersson and Horvat are playing and then also look at who is coaching the PK and PP. Even changing the defense wont explain why we cant score with 9 forwards that are capable to put 20 goals each. I agree the bottom pairing D is a huge problem too but still doesnt explain lack of scoring with Hughes and OEL on the roster.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Byram seems very unrealistic from Colorado. I am sure that Vancouver could get a decent return from some team, but it would not be Byram from Colorado.

I dunno, Penguins gave Hartford Cullen and Zarley Zalapski for Francis and Ulf Samualsson. So I think Byram for Horvat is cut from a similar cloth.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'm sorry, I didn't know this was the Bo Horvat fanclub headquarters.
Horvat would actually fit in Boston very well. Because of his great faceoffs, ability to play PP and PK and showing up in playoffs. I mean I would hate to see Horvat in Bruins jersey but will admit that he would fit perfectly there and make Bruins a big contender.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
There is alot, like San Jose trading Hertl as an example. Why would Ca ucks trade their core player for Barron? Like there isnt any player better than Barron :rolleyes:
No provide an example of what you think a team will give for Horvat

Why’d you bring up Hertl? I asked for an example of a Horvat return

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

If you can read, I said Horvat for Hertl. So we trade Horvat and we get Hertl and everyone knows Hertl is better than Barron.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

a wings fans in this thead offered 1st/hronek/zadina.

that's much better than your offer since hronek is already a top 4 d and zadina has top 6 potential.

I don't understand how you can't see that at the deadline top rentals get 1st+. the difference between getting horvat for an additional year is not going to be just a prospect. Especially when that prospect is not bluechip. Hell I'm not even sure if he'd be considered a top prospect. Just because he's the avs top prospect doesn't mean he's seen around the league as a top prospect.

Tell me what makes barron so good that you feel that offer would be fair

You keep on asking for examples but never actually rationalize why your offer is so fair.

Last edited:

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania

Of course they are

-Captain
-Centre
- 26 yrs old
- 6mil a year this year and next
- One of the top faceoff-man in the NHL over the last couple of years
- Elevates his game in the playoffs
-Consistent 20-25 goals a year

Absolute stud of a player and leader. Continues to elevate his game year after year. Has yet to reach his ceiling.
If Vancouver is going into a full rebuild, they will get a boatload of return for Horvat.

The one big misunderstanding about Horvat is that he is a great 2-way player ala Ryan Oreily. Though he is great at faceoffs and isnt a defensive liability, Horvat is only average/below average defensively. He also doesnt kill penalties unless he is out there for a faceoff.

Which teams would be interested and what would be the return?

I can see teams who just want 2 playoff runs with him also try and trade for him even if they dont necessarily think they can re-sign him long term in 2 years when he is a UFA.

Benning might have been told he isnt allowed to make trades anymore though,

Bo Horvat, shorthanded playoff goal vs Blues

GOTTA SEE IT: Bo Horvat Goes End-To-End, Dangles St. Louis Blues' Defence For Incredible Goal - YouTube

1st
Lundqvist
2nd
Barron
Jones

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
1st
Lundqvist
2nd
Barron
Jones

why do Ranger fans keep throwing Lundqvist at us when we’ve already said there is zero fit for him on this team and he’s not the player you want as the main piece for Horvat/Miller/Boeser. If Schneider is a no go then I really don’t see a fit here.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad