Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Don't hold your breath on Jarvis. Horvat doesn't address a real need for Carolina. Elite scorer? Nope. Top pair RHD? Nope. Power winger to balance out the Finns (Aho and Teravainen)? Nope.

Carolina is good for this year up the middle with Trocheck. Next season is a question mark, but there are potential internal options (Necas making the transition, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki or Drury on the prospect front playing a 3rd wheel role on a line) if he doesn't re-sign. Not worth being proactive about.

Sounds like Carolina would have interest in JT Miller over Horvat then

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
If we do trade Horvat, I certainly hope it’s done by a new GM after Benning is fired.

Would be happy to see him on a playoff contender.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Reading through this thread its pretty clear that Nuck fans are looking for a defender to pair up with Hugh's sometime in the near future. Also that they feel rather dep at wing. There's a reason they're asking for Schneider.

Schneider+ Barron+1st
Rangers wouldn’t pay that for 2 years of Horvat.

if he had 4-5 years at 5.5, maybe. But him looking for a raise the year after next is a problem.
If NYR is looking to move 3 young pieces in 1 trade, with 1 2C coming back, that player better be 25 or under and have at least 5 years of cost control.
Plus they are in no hurry whatsoever to move Schneider. He looked good in camp this year, and is playing well in Hartford now. He’s likely Trouba’s eventual replacement.
I think the rangers would trade Lundkvist or even Robertson before Schneider.
And I’m not a big fan of trading Robertson either.

Last edited:

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Schneider and 1st is a good basis for a trade. Does NYR have any decent C prospects? Nicks need to take back salary?
All indications from Rangers through the last year+ is that Schneider is not being moved. He wasn't included as available for Eichel. If Vancouver insists on Schneider and won't entertain a deal that doesn't have him then a deal likely doesn't get made unless Vancouver decides they want to do 1 for 1, which they obviously won't.

There isn't a world where the Rangers shed the significant cap to make it work. Trouba and Kreider have full NMC, and those are the only large contracts that would make any sense to shed looking to next year when the Rangers cap is very tight. The large contracts like Panarin, Zib, Fox all obviously aren't going anywhere.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
This is crazy that the canucks are going to trade a good player instead of simply getting rid of Green
At this point firing the coach seems like a no-brainer - but as long as ownership continues to meddle and Benning continues to make the personnel decisions I don't even think Gordon Bombay could make this team winners.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
He would be a 10x better player/replacement than Kotkaniemi. Crazy that they both make 6 mil for now.

What could Mtl offer?

I doubt they offer their 1st this year as that will be a very high pick. They dont really have a good prospect pool to choose from either tho.
Mtl has a pretty good prospect pool, its just that the fan base value each one as a can't miss top pairing or top line prospect so discussions usually quickly degrade into criticizing each others players even though 98% of the criticism is from people that haven't actually watched the players they are slagging (on both sides).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad