Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Canucks having less than 0 interest would be my opening argument

Well. I've seen numerous comments regarding how ownership/mgt don't exactly represent the views of fans with their decisions and how they run the team. With that in mind, the turmoil that was made public (if true) is something that reflects poorly on mgt. So, if indeed they are in a position where trading guys who create turmoil in the locker room. Naz has been on fire recently. They might see this as a way to quiet the storm.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Possibly. But why are they making the trade? If it's because of turmoil in the locker room, then that might be their larger focus.

I don't know man, look me in the (internet) eye, and tell me honestly that a team with speculated (but also refuted) turmoil in the locker room would have that problem go away by trading for Nazem Kadri

Reactions: vanarchy

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I don't know man, look me in the (internet) eye, and tell me honestly that a team with speculated (but also refuted) turmoil in the locker room would have that problem go away by trading for Nazem Kadri

If your house is on fire, are you going to ignore the small fire extinguisher right in front of you to spend 20 minutes looking for the larger fire extinguisher?

Besides, I wasn't aware that Naz doesn't get along with teammates.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
FIRE BENNING!!!
40C82FE0-1FDC-4AF1-BFEB-2F69C407CD14.gif

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Some of these offers are better than what Buffalo got for Eichel lol

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah noticed that too. But that was a rare and complicated situation. I dont think its fair to use the Eichel trade as a benchmark for others.
I don’t think Horvat, with this year and next only on his deal, will get anywhere near a top prospect + 1st + like some are asserting.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Vancouver would be dumb to move him unless he wants out and has said that he won't re-sign there. I would love to add him to the Oilers if he became available. He'd be an absolutely elite 3C for us or play 2C if we load up our top line.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If your house is on fire, are you going to ignore the small fire extinguisher right in front of you to spend 20 minutes looking for the larger fire extinguisher?

Besides, I wasn't aware that Naz doesn't get along with teammates.

If your house is engulfed in flames, you need multiple fire trucks. The extinguisher ain't doing anything.

You don't trade a younger asset, with an extra year, for an older guy, in the last year of his contract, who also has a 10 team NTC. Not in the season Van is having. That would be, if Kadri would even agree, a very short sighted move. Unless the Avs are adding something. Otherwise, you let the house go, and take your time to figure out what to do next.

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
NYI/NYR/Wash/Bos- Tarasenko
Van-Prospects and picks
Blues-Horvat

Blues and Van could both retain to lower Tarasenko's cap hit.

O'Reilly-Horvat-Perron would be an insanely effective 2-way line.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Yeah id definitely do Schneider, 1st, Krav.

I could get behind this trade...........

Either.....................................

#1. Schneider, 2022-1st and Krav

for

Horvat at 50%

or

#2. Schneider, 2022-1st and Chytil

for

Horvat at 50% and a conditional 2024-2nd (if the Rangers do not make the playoffs this year)

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I could get behind this trade...........

Either.....................................

#1. Schneider, 2022-1st and Krav

for

Horvat at 50%

or

#2. Schneider, 2022-1st and Chytil

for

Horvat at 50% and a conditional 2024-2nd (if the Rangers do not make the playoffs this year)
I’m sure you could considering they’re all massive overpayments

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Some of these offers are better than what Buffalo got for Eichel lol

While some are undoubtedly silly. Eichel is a unique circumstance who in any other scenario would have got vastly more than Vegas paid. His value was brought down a lot due to the injury concerns and the uncertainty around whether he'll be worth 10M. Better to view Eichel in a vacuum.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Does Jim Benning actually have the authority to trade a core player at the moment?

I'm just asking, I legitimately don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad