Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Reading through this thread its pretty clear that Nuck fans are looking for a defender to pair up with Hugh's sometime in the near future. Also that they feel rather dep at wing. There's a reason they're asking for Schneider.

Schneider+ Barron+1st
That’s a big no from NY. Value is there but Schneider and Barron are too important, they’re young leaders and very well liked by management and players. Schneider was off the table for Eichel. Lundkvist isn’t bad defensively but I can understand why Nucks fans won’t be interested

What about Chytil+1st? Chytil has high upside and has played really well this season. Problem is he doesn’t get PP or top 6 time. 21 even strength points in 42 games in his 21 year old season playing 3C. Could be a Horvat replacement eventually and Nucks get a 1st on top of it? I don’t see Chytil being a top 6 C here because Zibanejad is at 1C and both Chytil and Panarin are too puck dominant for them to work on the second line together, they don’t gel at all while Horvat would fit very well with Panarin. Panarin doesn’t do well with centers that control play, needs complimentary linemates which Horvat fits the mold of

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
That’s a big no from NY. Value is there but Schneider and Barron are too important, they’re young leaders and very well liked by management and players. Schneider was off the table for Eichel. Lundkvist isn’t bad defensively but I can understand why Nucks fans won’t be interested

What about Chytil+1st? Chytil has high upside and has played really well this season. Problem is he doesn’t get PP or top 6 time. 21 even strength points in 42 games in his 21 year old season playing 3C. Could be a Horvat replacement eventually and Nucks get a 1st on top of it? I don’t see Chytil being a top 6 C here because Zibanejad is at 1C and both Chytil and Panarin are too puck dominant for them to work on the second line together, they don’t gel at all while Horvat would fit very well with Panarin. Panarin doesn’t do well with centers that control play, needs complimentary linemates which Horvat fits the mold of
Nope no thanks

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

Canucks aren’t looking to magically make NYR a better team by trading one of our best players and trade chips well not filling our biggest hole. Any offer without Schneider
just doesn’t make any sense for us because it leaves our biggest hole still open well losing Horvat/Miller our top 2 players. It actually opens up new holes because we lose Horvat and don’t have our biggest hole filled, how does that make any sense for the Canucks? It’s not like we want to trade Horvat or Miller, Benning completely f***ed up and the team needs to retool.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Yeah that makes sense from Canucks perspective and for Rangers, think they're roughly equivalent. Maybe something like:

Schneider, Kravtsov and conditional 2nd (becomes a first if Rangers make the playoffs). Canucks get the key piece in Schneider, along with a lottery ticket in Kravtsov and a good draft pick. Rangers get a great #2C for at least the next two years.
This is the proposal here that makes most sense for both sides imo. Well done.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
These trades are always less than the teams fans are expecting and more than other teams fans think.

If Benning is negociating it, it will probably be less than the Nucks fans are expecting and less than other teams fans think.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
There's no way Benning gets to trade Horvat right?

If he does, lucky GM that gets to make that deal, it'll be practically free. Name a high pedigreed, overpaid bust of a player and Benning will add a 2nd to get 'er done.

That’s a big no from NY. Schneider was off the table for Eichel.
If true, your GM might rival Benning for ineptitude. Eichel is a top 10 centre in the league. Does your GM think that Schneider is Seider?

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
So some people are offering less than what Dvorak got, like a second + ufa/ cap dump?

This board never surprised to amaze me with the I offer my trash for the other team’s good player attitude.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What does Boston have to add to Carlo besides a 1st?

The Bruins are not adding a 1st to Carlo. Carlo is exactly what the Canucks needs to maximize Hughes. 2nd pairing RHD and a number 2 C are not a 1st apart in value. I would send back one of the Bruins center prospects like Studnicka, Beecher or Frederic as a plus, but that’s it.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Lundkvist is definitely on the table for Horvat. He doesn’t really have a future here with Fox, Trouba, and Miller. Schneider is off the table but Lundkvist could be had

Othmann+Lundkvist+1st. 3 first round picks for a high end 2C on a deal that expires after this season is pretty fair for both sides imo

how does Lundkvist not have a future ?
Trouba will have to go eventually w the cap then Schneider can slide in . Keep all the depth

Jones likely goes if any young D

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Bruins are not adding a 1st to Carlo. Carlo is exactly what the Canucks needs to maximize Hughes. 2nd pairing RHD and a number 2 C are not a 1st apart in value. I would send back one of the Bruins center prospects like Studnicka, Beecher or Frederic as a plus, but that’s it.
Carlo, I have a concern that once he were to land in Vancouver would get another head injury and be done. Just the Canucks luck in that regard.

as for Horvat, the ball ultimately will be in his court.

ufa in 2023 and given how this season and last season has gone I don’t see any reason why he would extend in 2022. Why would he? I wouldn’t if I was in his position. He’s been here as long as Jimbo.

Horvat and Miller imo will get traded by the next GM or the interim gm if the Canucks get the offer they need at the tdl. Both ufas in 2023 and I wouldn’t peg either guy putting any faith in aqualini to do the right thing at this point.

Boeser is ufa in 2024. He would be next on the list of key guys to get moved. But he has more runway than Miller and Bo.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Hey Guys that's nice to include Carlo in any deal ,but who is going to take his place ? Yes Carlo is off too a rough start and not playing up to his usual game but Dmen like Carlo to not grow on trees...........

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I like Bo (but he has limitations) but if I were the Avs I would do a controlled Newook straight up for 2 years of BO, nevermind adding Barron.

People are way too cavalier about trading Barron. His skillset is perfect for the Avs. And as some guys are coming up for contracts, Barron can step in.

Reactions: Ararana

Rangeri

Sep 29, 2020
Lapland

We have Fox, Trouba and Lundkvist for RD. We can give Schneider being main piece for 2C who we need right now to be reallyy competitive. You have to give to get.

Reactions: malcb33 and Groo

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I like Bo (but he has limitations) but if I were the Avs I would do a controlled Newook straight up for 2 years of BO, nevermind adding Barron.

This is where I am. I’m a big Horvat fan but the truth is the dude only has one more year under contract after this season. Newhook is currently in his second year of his ELC, is NHL ready, and has all his RFA years ahead of him. I don’t think much, if anything, needs to be added to Newhook.

I’d do a Horvat-Newhook swap in a heart beat though. I think the Avs, being contenders, could extend Horvat and he’d be a great fit behind MacKinnon now when the Avs are trying to win, as opposed to waiting for Newhook to develop into that role. I think most Avs fans agree Kadri is gone this summer.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This is where I am. I’m a big Horvat fan but the truth is the dude only has one more year under contract after this season. Newhook is currently in his second year of his ELC, is NHL ready, and has all his RFA years ahead of him. I don’t think much, if anything, needs to be added to Newhook.

I’d do a Horvat-Newhook swap in a heart beat though. I think the Avs, being contenders, could extend Horvat and he’d be a great fit behind MacKinnon now when the Avs are trying to win, as opposed to waiting for Newhook to develop into that role. I think most Avs fans agree Kadri is gone this summer.

If Naz is gone after the season, why not a trade involving Naz and Horvat?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad