Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Well, what if Miller, Horvat and Boeser turn it around under a different coach? I mean look at Gaudreau and Tkatchuk under sutter.

The Canucks' playoffs chances are already cooked. There's no hope to be found. They'd have to play at like a 110+ point pace to make it. Even if they can "turn it around", that level of play is just far beyond what this roster can produce.

Realistically, this team is not as bad as shown. But their max ceiling is basically a playoff bubble team. It's not good enough and they're going to have a reload with a younger core, vs. doubling down on a team that just isn't what management thinks it is.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Don’t know why but Horvat is just a big time playoff performer

won OHL playoff MVP and had like 17 goals in 21 games in his draft year. 3 game winners in the OHL finals and game 7

Was good in his first playoffs and was good in his second playoffs and was 4th in goals despite playing like 9 less games than the others in front of him.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Vancouver would be dumb to move him unless he wants out and has said that he won't re-sign there. I would love to add him to the Oilers if he became available. He'd be an absolutely elite 3C for us or play 2C if we load up our top line.

The Canucks are going absolutely nowhere during the remainder of Horvat's contract. They're not a contender. Not even close. Re-signing Horvat, at a significant raise, just for the franchise to continue spinning its wheels, is what would actually be stupid. And that's assuming Horvat even wants to re-sign, considering he's been open about his frustration with the organization and not wanting to sit through another losing rebuild. In all likelihood, he just walks to UFA.

They need to trade him and reload. There's no hope with the current cast regardless. From Edmonton, it would cost Holloway++

Could Carolina use Kotka as a piece to get Horvat?

Not much interest in Kotkaniemi at all. I don't think he's very good.

It would have to start with Jarvis. Not a lot of other high-value futures Carolina has available.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The Canucks are going absolutely nowhere during the remainder of Horvat's contract. They're not a contender. Not even close. Re-signing Horvat, at a significant raise, just for the franchise to continue spinning its wheels, is what would actually be stupid. And that's assuming Horvat even wants to re-sign, considering he's been open about his frustration with the organization and not wanting to sit through another losing rebuild. In all likelihood, he just walks to UFA.

They need to trade him and reload. There's no hope with the current cast regardless. From Edmonton, it would cost Holloway++

Not much interest in Kotkaniemi at all. I don't think he's very good.

It would have to start with Jarvis. Not a lot of other high-value futures Carolina has available.

What are the ++ IYO? That'd be a hefty price to pay for basically a season and a half of a player.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
What are the ++ IYO? That'd be a hefty price to pay for basically a season and a half of a player.

Would do max retention to make it most palatable. Really Carolina would be looking at it from the perspective of 2 playoff runs adding a fringe 1c at $2.75 million.

Jarvis + 2nd or Keane. Something like that.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Don't hold your breath on Jarvis. Horvat doesn't address a real need for Carolina. Elite scorer? Nope. Top pair RHD? Nope. Power winger to balance out the Finns (Aho and Teravainen)? Nope.

Carolina is good for this year up the middle with Trocheck. Next season is a question mark, but there are potential internal options (Necas making the transition, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki or Drury on the prospect front playing a 3rd wheel role on a line) if he doesn't re-sign. Not worth being proactive about.

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
Does Jim Benning actually have the authority to trade a core player at the moment?

I'm just asking, I legitimately don't know.

I don't think anyone really knows what's happening, other than the owners are most likely causing all sorts of issues. The organization is like the twilight zone.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Man I would like Horvat on the Sens.

I'm not sure if he will waive to another rebuilding team, although Ottawa is close to his hometown. He was also asked by Mac during the Columbus game and Horvat laughed off the fact about locker room divide.

Reactions: SensFactor

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You’ve got to be kidding me right? :laugh:

2C for 2-3D, and Zub is even younger, than Horvat. Zub has scored just 4 less points in 3 less games. I'm afraid Ottawa fans won't like the deal, he's their only reliable defensive defenseman. On the other hand you won't get something good without giving something good...

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I'm not sure if he will waive to another rebuilding team, although Ottawa is close to his hometown. He was also asked by Mac during the Columbus game and Horvat laughed off the fact about locker room divide.

Nitpicky point but he doesn't have anything to waive

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Schneider and 1st is a good basis for a trade. Does NYR have any decent C prospects? Nicks need to take back salary?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Jarvis + Morrow

I'd rather Keane, but I think that is fair.

Don't hold your breath on Jarvis. Horvat doesn't address a real need for Carolina. Elite scorer? Nope. Top pair RHD? Nope. Power winger to balance out the Finns (Aho and Teravainen)? Nope.

Carolina is good for this year up the middle with Trocheck. Next season is a question mark, but there are potential internal options (Necas making the transition, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki or Drury on the prospect front playing a 3rd wheel role on a line) if he doesn't re-sign. Not worth being proactive about.

I also don't think Horvat is the biggest need in Carolina. I was responding to someone who inquired about getting Horvat to Carolina, presumably a Canes fan. But the Canucks can't really afford to trade Horvat for a piece lesser than a Seth Jarvis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad