Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Sakic went pretty hard for Horvat at the 2019 draft. It was widely rumored Horvat was the target in the Tyson Barrie rumors that never materialized. From what I remember Sakic was pretty pissed at Benning when the trade fell apart on the draft floor, perhaps the ‘Nucks owners blocked it? Would Sakic still be interested now that he has Kadri, though Kadri is in his last contract year?

Personally I’d love for the Avs to add Horvat. Have MacKinnon - Horvat - Kadri in any order this year, than when Kadri walks this summer they’d still have MacKinnon - Horvat.

I also believe the Avs would have a real good shot at extending Horvat. I wouldn’t balk at a Newhook package, hell I’d even consider Girard one for one. Any talk of Byram is ludicrous though.

No way the Canucks would've traded Bo Horvat for Tyson Barrie. In Vancouver, it was rumoured to be centered around Troy Stecher+ (I'm guessing a pick or prospect).

Details on failed Tyson Barrie trade to Vancouver - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
No way the Canucks would've traded Bo Horvat for Tyson Barrie. In Vancouver, it was rumoured to be centered around Troy Stecher+ (I'm guessing a pick or prospect).

Details on failed Tyson Barrie trade to Vancouver - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

That article is about a trade between Toronto and Vancouver, not Colorado and Vancouver. Barrie's reputation was a lot higher before his season in Toronto.

No idea if there's any truth to the Horvat story, but Benning was apparently pursuing Barrie back in 2019 and it probably would have cost more than Stecher back then.
CanucksAbbyFan on Twitter: "@DhaliwalSports says on the air on @Sportsnet650 that #Canucks GMJB heavily pursuing Tyson Barrie right now in trade talks with the Avs." / Twitter

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I proposed Chytil not Schneider and no 1st since Horvat is a ufa after next year

Chytil and Kravtsov is like 2 firsts

rentals that are like 33 yrs old ( Foligno) who are upcoming UFA gets at least a 1st round pick.

Horvat who is 26, and is signed for this year and next will most certainly get at least 2 very good assets in return.

Dvorak, similar age as Horvat and way less effective got traded for a 1st and 2nd.

So ya, Horvat is gonna get a combination of 1st, Schneider, Chytil, Kravstov.

Probably 2 of those assets plus a smaller late asset like a late pick

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I proposed Chytil not Schneider and no 1st since Horvat is a ufa after next year

Chytil and Kravtsov is like 2 firsts
Since when does a player with 1.5yrs left, devalue them? I can understand if he’s a UFA this coming summer…

Any deal with Miller or Horvat would start with Schneider…

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
That article is about a trade between Toronto and Vancouver, not Colorado and Vancouver. Barrie's reputation was a lot higher before his season in Toronto.

No idea if there's any truth to the Horvat story, but Benning was apparently pursuing Barrie back in 2019 and it probably would have cost more than Stecher back then.
CanucksAbbyFan on Twitter: "@DhaliwalSports says on the air on @Sportsnet650 that #Canucks GMJB heavily pursuing Tyson Barrie right now in trade talks with the Avs." / Twitter

I was at the draft in Vancouver when there was major buzz that Canucks were going to acquire Barrie from Colorado.

It was supposedly for the 10thoverall pick

Phew.

Sometimes the best trade is the one you dont make!

Podkolzin has looked awesome with that 10th pick

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Not even remotely close. If you had Bo Horvat would you trade him for a pending UFA; a B prospect and a 2nd round pick? Yikes
No I wouldn't. I also should have said a signed Manson. As someone trading for him though I'd be concerned about all these supposedly locker room issues going on. Just figured I'd throw that out there and see what people thought.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Wasn't Stetcher a bottom pairing kinda guy who wasn't considered to have much upside at his age?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I would take a flyer on Kratsov and give Podz a friend.

Schnieder
Kratsov
1st
4th

for Horvat
5th
I think this is too much. I'd do Schneider + Kravstov (with conditions) or 1st for Horvat. That is still probably too rich for NYR though.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Wasn't Stetcher a bottom pairing kinda guy who wasn't considered to have much upside at his age?
Before leaving Vancouver, Stecher trended up every year.
He's an all-around defenseman with good hockey sense, but he doesn't have a super hard shot or size, and he doesn't have the skating like a Quinn Hughes to make up for it.
He's just undersized for an all-around defenseman with his particular skillset. If he had more size he'd be top-4 for sure.
He also plays the right side which adds to his value. He can move up and down the pairings if you need him to - he's better when he plays with better players but shouldn't be the main fixture of any pairing.

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
Honestly, Horvats value is very high.
The guy has not had a consistent good talent on his line for years, if ever.
One of the top face-off guys in the nhl
The only proposal I have seen so far that I would actually do in here is byram for horvat
1 for 1
*Byram for Petterson

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
I was at the draft in Vancouver when there was major buzz that Canucks were going to acquire Barrie from Colorado.

It was supposedly for the 10thoverall pick

Phew.

Sometimes the best trade is the one you dont make!

Podkolzin has looked awesome with that 10th pick

I thought it fell apart over the pick when Anaheim took Zegras

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Considering Sakic ultimately traded Barrie for a package including a center in Kadri, I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume that Horvat was the guy he would’ve been interested in from Vancouver.

Reactions: Ragdoll and Ararana

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
Colorado and Vancouver are terrible trading partners. What Vancouver needs Colorado can’t lose, what Colorado would be willing to give up Vancouver doesn’t need
I don't know why people in Colorado are offering "gIrArD aNd jOsT aNd CoMpHeR 4 MiLlEr aNd HoRvAt" it honestly is extremely annoying. I would part ways with Byram if you offered Petterson. That is fair value.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
rentals that are like 33 yrs old ( Foligno) who are upcoming UFA gets at least a 1st round pick.

Horvat who is 26, and is signed for this year and next will most certainly get at least 2 very good assets in return.

Dvorak, similar age as Horvat and way less effective got traded for a 1st and 2nd.

So ya, Horvat is gonna get a combination of 1st, Schneider, Chytil, Kravstov.

Probably 2 of those assets plus a smaller late asset like a late pick
I think the Leafs overpaid.

That said, I doubt the Canucks trade Horvat and if they did your value is not out of line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad