Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Sakic went pretty hard for Horvat at the 2019 draft. It was widely rumored Horvat was the target in the Tyson Barrie rumors that never materialized. From what I remember Sakic was pretty pissed at Benning when the trade fell apart on the draft floor, perhaps the ‘Nucks owners blocked it? Would Sakic still be interested now that he has Kadri, though Kadri is in his last contract year?

Personally I’d love for the Avs to add Horvat. Have MacKinnon - Horvat - Kadri in any order this year, than when Kadri walks this summer they’d still have MacKinnon - Horvat.

I also believe the Avs would have a real good shot at extending Horvat. I wouldn’t balk at a Newhook package, hell I’d even consider Girard one for one. Any talk of Byram is ludicrous though.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Sakic went pretty hard for Horvat at the 2019 draft. It was widely rumored Horvat was the target in the Tyson Barrie rumors that never materialized. From what I remember Sakic was pretty pissed at Benning when the trade fell apart on the draft floor, perhaps the ‘Nucks owners blocked it? Would Sakic still be interested now that he has Kadri, though Kadri is in his last contract year?

Personally I’d love for the Avs to add Horvat. Have MacKinnon - Horvat - Kadri in any order this year, than when Kadri walks this summer they’d still have MacKinnon - Horvat.

I also believe the Avs would have a real good shot at extending Horvat. I wouldn’t balk at a Newhook package, hell I’d even consider Girard one for one. Any talk of Byram is ludicrous though.

That's very kind of you, but Girard is not a Vancouver need. As stated above, these teams don't make likely trading partners if Byram or Newhook are off the table.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Not sure if I believe this, but if only one player is still following Horvat, your team captain, perhaps the probably in the locker room is not Miller. What a strange situation? Honestly, this feels like a failure higher up in terms of leadership that has trickled down into the locker room. Hope that the Canucks can get it worked out, I like some of their pieces as a team/organization moving forward.

I wouldn’t believe anything Sekeres says because he’s known to make up lies and spread it, he’s one of the big problems with Vancouver media. His day job is to get Canuck fans to listen to him and you do that by creating drama and rumours. Be very careful buying anything he’s selling.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
why do Ranger fans keep throwing Lundqvist at us when we’ve already said there is zero fit for him on this team and he’s not the player you want as the main piece for Horvat/Miller/Boeser. If Schneider is a no go then I really don’t see a fit here.
Yeah that makes sense from Canucks perspective and for Rangers, think they're roughly equivalent. Maybe something like:

Schneider, Kravtsov and conditional 2nd (becomes a first if Rangers make the playoffs). Canucks get the key piece in Schneider, along with a lottery ticket in Kravtsov and a good draft pick. Rangers get a great #2C for at least the next two years.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I wouldn’t believe anything Sekeres says because he’s known to make up lies and spread it, he’s one of the big problems with Vancouver media. His day job is to get Canuck fans to listen to him and you do that by creating drama and rumours. Be very careful buying anything he’s selling.
I agree! You’d think if there was an actual divide in the dressing room, that it would’ve been taken care of by now too. Dim Jim though… let’s be honest, losing brings out the worse in everybody!

Reactions: iFan

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
That's very kind of you, but Girard is not a Vancouver need. As stated above, these teams don't make likely trading partners if Byram or Newhook are off the table.

I'm not sure what Sakic is willing to trade. But I'm pretty sure it's not Byram. And truthfully, under this circumstance, I don't think Vancouver can expect to get something comparable to Byram. Consider that the leverage has been significantly diminished if the news is true that this is happening because of turmoil on the team. Even under normal circumstances, I'm not sure Byram is possible but especially not in this situation. Newhook...maybe but it's more 50/50. Newhook probably has more upside than Horvat (offensively at least) but with that is risk that he won't achieve his potential. The problem for Sakic is that Newhook's utility (along with the upside) is that he's cheaper and under team control for more than 2 years (as is the case with Horvat).

And whether it's this way with Newhook and Byram or another teams prospects, I think you might have challenges winning big on a trade under this circumstance. And keep in mind, if no team is willing to offer something comparable to Byram or Newhook, that means the Avs simply need to beat the other offers. Same with other teams though.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I'm not sure what Sakic is willing to trade. But I'm pretty sure it's not Byram. And truthfully, under this circumstance, I don't think Vancouver can expect to get something comparable to Byram. Consider that the leverage has been significantly diminished if the news is true that this is happening because of turmoil on the team. Even under normal circumstances, I'm not sure Byram is possible but especially not in this situation. Newhook...maybe but it's more 50/50. Newhook probably has more upside than Horvat (offensively at least) but with that is risk that he won't achieve his potential. The problem for Sakic is that Newhook's utility (along with the upside) is that he's cheaper and under team control for more than 2 years (as is the case with Horvat).

And whether it's this way with Newhook and Byram or another teams prospects, I think you might have challenges winning big on a trade under this circumstance. And keep in mind, if no team is willing to offer something comparable to Byram or Newhook, that means the Avs simply need to beat the other offers. Same with other teams though.
The only thing that diminishes our players is if teams don't want them. Horvat will get a kings ransom if traded, especially since the context is that a lot of teams are calling on him. Miller would be even more when considering his production and being on both special teams and great in the dot. The fact that they both have another year at a great cap hit only increases their value.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The only thing that diminishes our players is if teams don't want them. Horvat will get a kings ransom if traded, especially since the context is that a lot of teams are calling on him. Miller would be even more when considering his production and being on both special teams and great in the dot. The fact that they both have another year at a great cap hit only increases their value.

I'm not saying you're wrong. It only takes one team afterall. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it's not as much as Canucks fans are expecting.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
1st and 3rd Schneider+ cap dump with no term to make it fit

for Horvat
This might end up representing value down the road but I really dont see how you can sell one d prospect and some draft picks the earliest of which would be around 15 for your Captain.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Cousins traded for each other, has that ever happened in the NHL ?
Personally, I love Konecny but he’s not the player the Canucks need.

High ceiling right d men.

Would do this in a heartbeat.

Lundqvist
Schneider
Kratsov
2nd

for

Horvat
Motte

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Personally, I love Konecny but he’s not the player the Canucks need.

High ceiling right d men.

Would do this in a heartbeat.

Lundqvist
Schneider
Kratsov
2nd

for

Horvat
Motte

I think this gives the CANUCKS an instant upgrade on their right side and then an additional top prospect with a very high ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad