Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
With how Newhook has played I think that’s a nonstarter.
He’s playing fantastic, putting points, and he’s on a ELC and is under team control for 5 more years. Makes no sense to swap to a more expensive Horvat who is UFA in 1.5 years.

If you find another team that’ll give you a 20 year old center putting up .7 PPG in the NHL + their top prospect, congrats, but it won’t be from the Avs

yeah cause they just blew the bank on a goalie not under contract.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
And refresh my memory....a second, Simmonds and Schenn, the good one, I think was the total package, right?Different needs, but that's more value then I'm seeing here so far.
There was also a second round pick involved. Simmonds was still young, Schenn was just a prospect and it would be safe to say Richards had much more value than Horvat

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
You didn't read the article or pay any attention to the context of the conversation, did you?

What I remembered was that the Canucks weren't dumb enough to consider Bo Horvat for Tyson Barrie. LOL. I do remember the pick being offered, but also rumbles about Troy Stecher +.
And they're certainly not considering Horvat for what AVs fans are offering now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
And refresh my memory....a second, Simmonds and Schenn, the good one, I think was the total package, right?Different needs, but that's more value then I'm seeing here so far.

big difference….he was signed long term, not a rental fir 1+ Yrs to UFA

LA had gone a bunch of high draft picks from 2003-2009

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
There was also a second round pick involved. Simmonds was still young, Schenn was just a prospect and it would be safe to say Richards had much more value than Horvat

Similar track record, and let's be honest, Richards was being moved ASAP by Flyers management.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Similar track record, and let's be honest, Richards was being moved ASAP by Flyers management.
Similar track record how? Richards had two PPG seasons and two 30 goal seasons under his belt, not to mention his playoff runs. Had Philly management not gone stupid, they could have gotten a lot more for him

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Are you not allowed in this thread unless you think Horvat is worth a wild overpayment? Perhaps you're confusing this board with the Canucks board?
You've been here too long and posted too many times to be this daft. Let's just end it here.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Similar track record how? Richards had two PPG seasons and two 30 goal seasons under his belt, not to mention his playoff runs. Had Philly management not gone stupid, they could have gotten a lot more for him

My mistake, I thought he hadn't broke out at that point, was was primed to.

But that last point is what we can agree on. They could have, and should have gotten more for Richards.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Nothing says 'lets end it' like replying to a day-old post.

Daft indeed

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
they won’t deal Strome since Panarin loves him

Lundkvist is off the table he’s going to get better
Lundkvist is definitely on the table for Horvat. He doesn’t really have a future here with Fox, Trouba, and Miller. Schneider is off the table but Lundkvist could be had

Othmann+Lundkvist+1st. 3 first round picks for a high end 2C on a deal that expires after this season is pretty fair for both sides imo

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Sure hope we are getting calls on Petey and Boeser as well. My god they just dont gave any effort anymore

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
Lundkvist is definitely on the table for Horvat. He doesn’t really have a future here with Fox, Trouba, and Miller. Schneider is off the table but Lundkvist could be had

Othmann+Lundkvist+1st. 3 first round picks for a high end 2C on a deal that expires after this season is pretty fair for both sides imo

Agreed but he has this year and next under contract

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Reading through this thread its pretty clear that Nuck fans are looking for a defender to pair up with Hugh's sometime in the near future. Also that they feel rather dep at wing. There's a reason they're asking for Schneider.

Schneider+ Barron+1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad