Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Horvat is exactly the kind of player who a real contender would/should overpay for at 50% retention, ala Coleman or Goodrow. Players like that massively discounted are what truly pushes a contender over the top.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
+/- is a trash stat first of all.

Second points are not a primary measure of a centre's impact. They never have been. Ask yourself why a coach like Jon Cooper would rather have Anthony Cirelli as his 2C than Steven Stamkos. The Jets traded for Pierre Luc Dubois to be their 1C when they already had Mark Scheifele.

Points are byproduct of doing things some good on the ice, but centres are asked to do some other good things which inherently limit their points. You don't need points to identify good players, you need good players in good situations to end up with points. Case-in-point I could have told you a year ago that not only is Sam Bennett a 1C, he's Calgary's best and no one on HF would have listened. Now he's in Florida centering Huberdeau without Barkov in the lineup, the points are there, the plusminus is there but he's not playing any differently.

As for Horvat specifically, he'd be a perfect 2C on a team that has a matchup 3C (Think Adam Lowry or Charlie Coyle).

In fact twenty bucks that Boston gives up major assets to acquire Bo Horvat

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Horvat-Doesn't Matter
Doesn't Matter-Coyle-Doesn't matter

Perfect fit.

Perfectly player for the Bruins. 100% agree.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Comparing what Eichel got to what Horvat could get is irrelevant.

-Eichel wanted out and demanded a trade publicly
-injury risk
-High AAV

A better comparable would be what Christan Dvorak fetched.

Dvorak 25 yrs old- under contract
C/W
Career high: 38 pts/ 18 goals

Horvat 26 yrs old -under contract
C
Career High- 61 pts- 27 goals

What Dvorak fetched:

To Montreal
Christian Dvorak

To Arizona
1st rnd pick
2nd rnd pick

1st and 2nd is probably the minimum bar Horvat would get and should be worth alot more than Dvorak

Reactions: Canucks LB

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Horvat would fit on any contender and truly push them over the stop at 50% retention. I want to see Bo succeed and not waste more of his prime here.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Thats such a vague question,

Which cup contending team? whats their centres look like?

Horvat is 60+ point, faceoff machine and good for 25 goals.

If he is a 3C on your team then thats awesome C depth you have.

Toronto, Pittsburg (healthy Malkin) Florida, Colorado(Kadri is better suited as a 2C) Maybe Calgary, Maybe Carolina, Vegas when everyone is healthy and Washington when everyone is healthy.

I think when you look at the Cup contending teams only Tampa whould he have a clear cut path to the 2C spot.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks needs are young RD.

picks and prospects wise I'd think its :

1st round
3rd round
Top prospect
That is complete garbage proposal. Canucks better be getting a good roster player plus a good prospect and pick. Unless by Top prospect you mean someone like Lucas Raymond or Seider type where they are basically playing first year in NHL or will play next year at the latest. There is no way Horvat will get only a 1st and a 3rd plus a no name prospect. Horvat is as valuable or more so than Pettersson or Boeser so Value needs to be really high.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Barron + 1st + 3rd round pick for Horvat (50% retained)

Barron is one of the Avs best prospects- a big 2-way RHD who we drafted with our 1st last year
In your dreams. Canucks would ask for a young roster player off the Avs team. Think Toews or Byram not some picks and Barron. The Avs can very well afford to give Canucks Byram because they have depth on D

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Fans in Vancouver who are calling for a complete rebuild from the next gm need to also realize that most of the guys whose contracts will expire in the next couple of years won’t re-sign any of their ufa years away if the club rebuilds. Will follow Eichel, Reinhart, Jones etc. out the door.
I really dont see why Canucks want to rebuild. Get rid of that dumb coach and rookie assistant coaches and bring in a real coach and see what they have. Also that being under a new GM. First evaluate then maybe retool a bit but definitely not rebuild. Completely idiotic to rebuild a team that just recently rebuilt and have many young promising players.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Horvat is having an off year. my guess is teams are offering Canucks pennies on the buck for him
I would Hold just like Flames did last year and maybe retool a bit while changing coaching staff. Biggest mistake Canucks can do now is doing bad trades when value is at lowest.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
In your dreams. Canucks would ask for a young roster player off the Avs team. Think Toews or Byram not some picks and Barron. The Avs can very well afford to give Canucks Byram because they have depth on D
Okay well that’s not happening, in your dreams the Avs give Vancouver Byram.

Enjoy the basement

Reactions: Chayos

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Exactly. It hurts, but I know if this franchise is going to have a future, they need to get as much value as possible from Miller, Horvat, and Boeser before it's too late.
Well, what if Miller, Horvat and Boeser turn it around under a different coach? I mean look at Gaudreau and Tkatchuk under sutter.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Very high I would assume. Think like Ladeskog or something. No way Canucks trading Horvat for free

Landeskog might be the ceiling for Horvat's value.

I would say somewhere in between what Christian Dvorak fetched (1st 2nd) to what Landeskog would have gotten if you traded him 3 years ago, is what Horvat's value is.

1st
2nd
highly coveted prospect or young high valued NHL player.

something like

Dobson ,2nd, cap dump
for
Horvat 50% retained, Hamonic

or

Newhook 2nd,3rd

for
Horvat

or

Byram, 2nd
for
Horvat , Rathbone

or

B Schneider, 2nd, 3rd
for
Horvat

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Okay well that’s not happening, in your dreams the Avs give Vancouver Byram.

Enjoy the basement
Well Canucks wont make stupid trades, sorry to break it to you. And Benning probably doesnt have the authority now. You want the canucks to trade their best player because of this year for some NHL fodder? Unless Horvat wants out, Canucks wont trade him and ai rather they spend this season in the basement and comeout next year with a new GM and coach and a top pick versus doing a stupid trade that will put them back into another rebuild. Horvat is the number one faceoff center on Canucks, who will they have taking faceoffs if Horvat leaves? Lammikho? Give me a brrak

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Landeskog might be the ceiling for Horvat's value.

I would say somewhere in between what Christian Dvorak fetched (1st 2nd) to what Landeskog would have gotten if you traded him 3 years ago, is what Horvat's value is.

1st
2nd
highly coveted prospect or young high valued NHL player.

something like

Dobson ,2nd, cap dump
for
Horvat 50% retained, Hamonic

or

Newhook 2nd,3rd

for
Horvat

or

Byram, 2nd
for
Horvat , Rathbone

or

B Schneider, 2nd, 3rd
for
Horvat
Those are pretty bad proposals except the Byram one and Canucks wont add Rathbone to Horvat for Byram. It will be Horvat for Byram straight up.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I would take Barron over Thomson or Bernard-Docker. But to each their own.

Since you’re so critical let’s hear your offer.
Are the Sens going to offer Thomson + their 2022 1st + 3rd to beat the Avs?
there's going to be a big difference in value between the Sens 1st compared to the Avs 1st.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
+/- is a trash stat first of all.

Second points are not a primary measure of a centre's impact. They never have been. Ask yourself why a coach like Jon Cooper would rather have Anthony Cirelli as his 2C than Steven Stamkos. The Jets traded for Pierre Luc Dubois to be their 1C when they already had Mark Scheifele.

Points are byproduct of doing things some good on the ice, but centres are asked to do some other good things which inherently limit their points. You don't need points to identify good players, you need good players in good situations to end up with points. Case-in-point I could have told you a year ago that not only is Sam Bennett a 1C, he's Calgary's best and no one on HF would have listened. Now he's in Florida centering Huberdeau without Barkov in the lineup, the points are there, the plusminus is there but he's not playing any differently.

As for Horvat specifically, he'd be a perfect 2C on a team that has a matchup 3C (Think Adam Lowry or Charlie Coyle).

In fact twenty bucks that Boston gives up major assets to acquire Bo Horvat

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Horvat-Doesn't Matter
Doesn't Matter-Coyle-Doesn't matter

Perfect fit.

If Boston's giving up major assets it will be for Hertl, not Horvat.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Those are pretty bad proposals except the Byram one and Canucks wont add Rathbone to Horvat for Byram. It will be Horvat for Byram straight up.

I'm not sure which team youre a fan of, but ive watched pretty much every game Horvat has played in 8 years.

Let me tell you this, and this is coming from a big fan of Horvat,

youre over-valuing him.

young studs like

Schneider
Newhook
Dobson

are fine targets for Horvat.

He isnt Ryan Oreily

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
1) Nolan Foote is not a dman. He’s a forward.

2) Horvat is better than Coleman but he’s also paid a lot more. Coleman’s contract was a large reason he was so enticing to Tampa. Also it was widely agreed that Tampa overpaid in that deal- why is it being considered the standard?

3) 2 1st round picks is a solid offer. It could be beat sure but if it is that’s an L for the team who offered it. Which team is going to offer more than that considering Horvat has struggled this season and his lack of term?
Many teams would easily beat the offer of Barron and a late 1st.That would be a steal for the Avs.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Well Canucks wont make stupid trades, sorry to break it to you. And Benning probably doesnt have the authority now. You want the canucks to trade their best player because of this year for some NHL fodder? Unless Horvat wants out, Canucks wont trade him and ai rather they spend this season in the basement and comeout next year with a new GM and coach and a top pick versus doing a stupid trade that will put them back into another rebuild. Horvat is the number one faceoff center on Canucks, who will they have taking faceoffs if Horvat leaves? Lammikho? Give me a brrak

Dont take it personally man some people love to mentally masturbate over trade rape they concoct in favor of their teams. It always goes the same way. B tier prospect maybe a first for ur 1 C. Like i said dont take it personally they hop right off their playstation gm mode and spew nonsense. We know this stingy league and u know bo aint moving for someof the trash i have seen above. Its laughable they want a discussion but only the most one sided one.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Youre invited to the basement party in April when the Avs are forced to have newhook, jost, helm as their 2c when Kadri gets suspended in the playoffs again.

It will be great party! byob!
Avs fans being delusional about Horvats value just because of one off year. I wonder if they accept bread crumbs for Girard like maybe Jet woo and a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad