Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
He's 2nd line center. He isn't some stud. Also by the sounds of it, he might be getting isolated in the locker room. Not much of a leader either.
Would rather move Miller… the fact that there’s lots of interest in horvat says it all. But good try knocking down his character to steal a legit top 6 centre. I genuinely don’t think bo is the Canucks issue! There’s more signs pointing at Miller…

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Would rather move Miller… the fact that there’s lots of interest in horvat says it all. But good try knocking down his character to steal a legit top 6 centre. I genuinely don’t think bo is the Canucks issue!
Pretty clear Benning is the canucks issue and has been for like 7 years, Horvat's a good player - he is no stud, which is pretty much why you're disagreeing.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Why would we give the C to Miller who will be UFA in 2 years at 30 yrs old.

unless the Canucks are planning to commit to him with a 5+ yr extension in 2 years which I would not be thrilled with especially with the mileage Miller has and the way he plays the game, its bound to break down sooner than later and probably not shortly after the age of 30 yrs old.

Horvat's contract is up at the same time and he will be UFA as well. There's no guarantee Bo sticks around for a rebuild either. What I'm seeing on the ice is JT Miller battling every night while our captain is battling the yips most nights. The on-ice leader is Miller and if there is a rift between the two, I'm team JT.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Pretty clear Benning is the canucks issue and has been for like 7 years, Horvat's a good player - he is no stud, which is pretty much why you're disagreeing.
I agree with the Benning part of your quote! He is the problem!

I am not trying to say that horvat is a top end super star in the league. But is he a legit top 6 centre, yup! Any team could use a horvat on their team.

Reactions: DekeyPete and crowi

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If Eichel didn't cost two blue chippers, neither does Horvat.
Just because one team makes a deal, it doesn't mean that's the price for the next deal. The two things have very little to do with each other.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd argue that Boeser, Pettersson and Horvat having a combined 13 goals and 29 points at the quarter season mark is the bigger issue.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Kravtsov, Jones and a 1st from NYR

For Horvat

Will cost more to get Horvat for 2 years and good chance at re-signing him long term after that.

I also dont trust NYR's drafting and would rather target other picks and prospects from other team if thats the best NYR can offer.

Canucks also have depth on the wing and Kravtsov has shown he has no interest developing in the AHL.

Canucks wingers:

Boeser
Garland
Hoglander
Miller
Podkolzin

Heck, Pettersson might have to get changed to a winger if he cant get any better or stronger with faceoffs.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If Vancouver's serious I'd love him on the Jets. But the issue is cap space.

If not the Jets, then I think he'd be excellent on Colorado.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If Vancouver's serious I'd love him on the Jets. But the issue is cap space.
Jets could use Boeser more than Horvat, but unless Wheeler agrees to waive and the Canucks agree to take him, Winnipeg can’t afford either… but Connor-PLD-Boeser would be a dangerous line

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Monahan and Valamaki for Horvat

Thats neither a hockey trade or a rebuild trade ( only 2 scenarios that Horvat is traded)

I also dont think the Canucks want to face Horvat consistently over the next decade while he plays in CGY

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Trading Horvat would be dumb as hell. Even if they rebuild, he's young enough to be a veteran presence.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Trading Horvat would be dumb as hell. Even if they rebuild, he's young enough to be a veteran presence.

His age is not the question.

His willingness to go through another rebuild in 2 yrs is the question.

This is year 8 for him with the Canucks and he has only made the playoffs twice.

I can definitely understand if he wants to move on in 2 years, in which case, the Canucks should move him now and get MAX value.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lundkvist+Othmann+1st+2nd

or

Lundkvist+Kravtsov+1st

or

Chytil+Lundkvist+2nd

not all of these packages have same value but just throwing out possibilities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad