Rumor: Canucks getting lots of calls on Horvat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
horvat at next years deadline would easily get 1st+ so if any team is going to get him now the difference is going to be a lot more than a barron type prospect.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
It's starting to look like there might be friction between Bo and JT Miller. Miller openly questioned the commitment of unnamed players at a press conference yesterday. All dressing rooms are different, but that kind of statement is usually left to be made by the team's captain.
This has been my main position regarding the lockeroom issues. Miller came in the year that Bo Horvat was named captain, and started acting like the captain. Miller should have come in way more humble and tried to support the young guys, not step in front of them.
I really think Miller is going to be the one out the door. Whether he is right when he talks is not in question - it's whether he should be the one talking at all.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Barron + 1st + 3rd round pick for Horvat (50% retained)

Barron is one of the Avs best prospects- a big 2-way RHD who we drafted with our 1st last year

just because he's the avs best prospect doesn't make him a top prospect in general. lots of teams have barron type prospects

before barron avs fans were acting like timmins was a top prospect and look what he got traded for

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Hopefully they send him to a proper team. Bo deserves to play for a real organization.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Okay what prospects does Vancouver have that are better than Barron?
rathbone is easily same tier.

how about you look at other teams who's offers the avs would be competing with. just off the sens thomson/jbd are both in the same tier as barron

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
If Eichel didn't cost two blue chippers, neither does Horvat.
Sabres also weren't willing to take back or retain salary plus their were health issues. Not saying they will get that price but circumstances are different. If Canucks are willing to take money back. Taking on someone like Erik Johnson's salary or retain Horvat's salary I could see them getting two blue chip prospects back.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Horvat is signed for 1/2 the amount and doesnt have a f***ed up neck.

Avs (rightfully) don't have to pay the ask but someone sure will.
Horvat only has two years of control left though. He's a player I would love to have and would be ok with Yzerman paying fair value for but that is a huge concern.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Why in the world would they trade Horvat?

Would love him on the isles. Don’t think we have the room unless there’s forward(s) going the other way.

would be funny. VAN traded Schnieder for rhe Horvat pick and if Lou traded for him they would be teammates.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
1st
Lundkvist
Georgiev

Horvat
Halak

Rangers eat the cap space. Nuks get 1st, top prospect RD, and a reclamation goalie with potential. Cap space opens more doors for Benning to make other deals with some leverage.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Why in the world would they trade Horvat?

Would love him on the isles. Don’t think we have the room unless there’s forward(s) going the other way.

would be funny. VAN traded Schnieder for rhe Horvat pick and if Lou traded for him they would be teammates.

Free agent in 2 years. He's not getting traded unless he has indicated he is not interested in a rebuild and therefore will just walk in 2 years.
Canucks arent openly putting him on the block, the rumor is teams are calling and want him badly.

He would be perfect in NYI.

Reactions: SI90

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Forgot to add but Blake Coleman got a 1st and Nolan Foote for 1 and a half year. Going to need a lot more than what you offered
I would take Barron over Thomson or Bernard-Docker. But to each their own.

Since you’re so critical let’s hear your offer.
Are the Sens going to offer Thomson + their 2022 1st + 3rd to beat the Avs?

Last edited:

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
1st
Lundkvist
Georgiev

Horvat
Halak

Rangers eat the cap space. Nuks get 1st, top prospect RD, and a reclamation goalie with potential. Cap space opens more doors for Benning to make other deals with some leverage.

Underwhelming.

Canucks can do better targeting a different Dman than Lundkvist. and Demko will dominate the crease for the next 5 years plus, no need to take Gorgiev and have him part of the value from Cancusk POV.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Free agent in 2 years. He's not getting traded unless he has indicated he is not interested in a rebuild and therefore will just walk in 2 years.
Canucks arent openly putting him on the block, the rumor is teams are calling and want him badly.

He would be perfect in NYI.

He would be perfect on the isles. I just can’t see the Canucks trading him unless like you said he won’t commit.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If Eichel didn't cost two blue chippers, neither does Horvat.
Eh, I don't really agree on a few fronts. Newhook is a top prospect, but Barron isn't the same category. Good prospect, recent first rounder whose stock certainly has not gone down, but he's not a "blue chipper" like Newhook and certainly not Byram (although we may be arguing the semantics of what blue chip means here).

I do think Horvat is worth a Newhook and Barron if he's moved. As I see it he's a clear #2 center good for about 60 points a year who's quite affordable for the next two seasons at 5.5. To be clear, given the Avs' cap constrains and how Sakic operates I don't think there's any chance Sakic moves Newhook for someone with only 1.5 years of team control. But I think Horvat gets a top return if he's moved.

Of course, I also thought Eichel was going to get at least one more Barron-calibre piece in return and the Sabres botched that...so what do I know.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
1st
Lundkvist
Georgiev

Horvat
Halak

That looks like Vancouver is getting hosed big time here. Georgiev has negative value and Lundkvist hasn't proven a damn thing and hasn't been great.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Since you’re so critical let’s here your offer.

I would take Barron over Thomson or Bernard-Docker. But to each their own.

Are the Sens going to offer Thomson + their 2022 1st + 3rd to beat the Avs?
Lol your missing the point. I just used the sens as a comparison.

my point is Barron is not some blue chip prospect. Lots of teams have similar prospects.

when Foote was trade for Coleman he was the same tier as Barron.

Horvat is much better than Coleman.

Use some common sense. A late first and a recent first round d is not some enticing offer that you think it is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad