RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I'm OK with this if he only plays when he's replacing someone who's injured or who's had a bad streak and needs to sit in the rafters for a game or two.

As long as he understands he's there to provide depth and support, then that's fine. I think he's smart enough to realize that at this point in his career it's the best he can hope for. And I think he would do this role very well too.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
kPkp83z.gif

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Wouldn't that be rewarding Nygren for bailing ?

I'm all for giving him a spot if he earns it but.. I don't know.

Give Bouillon Nygren's role in sweden and what does he accomplish? Nothing. Bouillon is done and Nygren is already a superior player. I'm not rewarding anybody for anything, I'd be giving the better player the spot. If anything, this is the habs playing favorites.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Give Bouillon Nygren's role in sweden and what does he accomplish? Nothing. Bouillon is done and Nygren is already a superior player. I'm not rewarding anybody for anything, I'd be giving the better player the spot. If anything, this is the habs playing favorites.

I don't wanna sound like an ass, but backup players are usually favorites, you know...

There are tons of players that could be backup players. So you pick your "favorite" out of the lot.

It becomes a problem only when usage/icetime becomes a factor, and we all know that with Bouillon, it might be.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I don't wanna sound like an ass, but backup players are usually favorites, you know...

There are tons of players that could be backup players. So you pick your "favorite" out of the lot.

It becomes a problem only when usage/icetime becomes a factor, and we all know that with Bouillon, it might be.

You act as if all 'backup' players are picked from this homogeneous pool. He's not a 'backup' player anymore. He wasn't even a suitable 'backup' player last year. He's really, really bad. He only ever looked decent in comparison to Murray. And now he's one year older. And I sincerely doubt that they'll sign bouillon to play him less than 10 games. Do you?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That opening day third pairing of Weaver and Bouillon...That Second PP unit with Bouillon on it...I can see them already in my head and it's horrible :cry:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
If you're in California playing 2 games in 2 nights and one guy gets a particularly bad case of diarrhea the day of a game the guy playing in Hamilton won't make it in time...

And worse, the guy with a bad case of diarrhea might not make it in time either! :laugh:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Hahahhah stick to HF-Habs party line!
Show me two similar players, one is a local and the other isn't, and I'd take the local. Yes, I would absolutely prefer the Quebecois. I feel like it's important for players to have some semblance of connection to the community.

But Bouillon shouldn't even be a player at this point, he's not NHL level any more. Barely was one throughout his career. He's done. Move on. Adios. Au Revoir. Sayonara. Tchau. Čao. Good bye.

I'm tired of his blight. Get him out of here already. He reminds me of Hamrlik sticking around and practicing with the team every summer like some sorta stalker ex-girlfriend. Get out of here old man, you are not needed.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Well Magnus Nygren better just stay in Sweden....

I would bring Bouillon for one year at the league minimum. Although if Bouillon becomes an obstacle for guys like Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn or Nygren he shouldn't be signed.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
You act as if all 'backup' players are picked from this homogeneous pool. He's not a 'backup' player anymore. He wasn't even a suitable 'backup' player last year. He's really, really bad. He only ever looked decent in comparison to Murray. And now he's one year older. And I sincerely doubt that they'll sign bouillon to play him less than 10 games. Do you?

Bouillon is totally appropriate backup player IF USED WISELY, party line notwithstanding.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Bouillon is totally appropriate backup player IF USED WISELY, party line notwithstanding.

lol, and what is this definition of 'wisely' and 'properly' you people keep throwing around? He hurt us when he was on the ice last year. In what situations, exactly, do you put bouillon on the ice instead of tinordi/beaulieu/pateryn/nygren and say ' oh, we need bouillon now, definitely, scratch the kid'. Tough teams? lol, no. Fast teams? God no. Really good teams? Nope. PP? PK? Even strength?

nope-nope-nope-t-shirt-thumbnail_1.jpg

The wisest use for bouillon is as commentator on RDS or some easy job with the team.

edit: although I do like the article's mention of them being in 'intense negotiations' or whatever. What the hell can they possibly be negotiating over? :laugh:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I sort of hoped Weaver would be our 7th D and Pateryn would play 3rd RD. Guy is huge and led the Dogs in +/- and finished 2nd among AHL defencemen for PP goals. No good if we add depth vets and then MT plays them over our youth. Pateryn is what 25?

And on LD we already have Tin and Beau fighting for a spot why add Cube?

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Solid depth pick up. He has a great attitude, understands his role of teaching the youth. This is solid stuff. His time has passed but his locker room wisdom and occasional fill in is not a bad thing.

He should also pickup some of the leadership now that Gorges and Gionta are gone. As a #7-8D he can be an effective player and mentor some of the younger D in the organization. I don't think Beaulieu and Tinordi are both ready to play 82 games next year. We need a guy that can step in when asked. FB as a good insurance policy. But he's french Canadian so let the flaming continue. We've already been through MB, MT and DD today, so let's throw FB in there for good measure.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

For one, I'd assume Nygren would have to impress in camp for you to do that. You wouldn't actually just decide that before camp would you ?

But let's say he did impress. But not enough to actually displace anyone whom we think of as regulars (Weaver, Tinordi, Beaulieu). Is that enough to reward him with a NHL job and salary ?

In my opinion, you fail to consider that the guy bailed in the AHL last season. It should have consequences. You can't reward a guy for bailing. If he's truly an elite talent and deserves a regular spot over anyone currently thought of as our 3rd pair then fine. But otherwise... it sends the wrong message. If I'm Beaulieu or Tinordi being sent back to the AHL watching ****ing Nygren being paid a NHL salary doing nothing after having bailed I'd lose my ****.

And you don't want a guy earning a NHL salary whom you don't know at all, and you don't even know if he has the work ethic to prepare properly for every game despite not playing. All you know about the guy is that he couldn't play a season in the AHL without giving up and going home.

In my scenario... Bouillon wouldn't play. Ever. Unless we can't recall one of Pateryn/Tinordi/Beaulieu in time. Or we get a wave of Ebola taking out half our D. **** would really have to hit the fan for him to play. Not to mention that Nygren wouldn't even play on the PP no matter what and that does seem to be where he could be the most useful.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
For one, I'd assume Nygren would have to impress in camp for you to do that. You wouldn't actually just decide that before camp would you ?

But let's say he did impress. But not enough to actually displace anyone whom we think of as regulars (Weaver, Tinordi, Beaulieu). Is that enough to reward him with a NHL job and salary ?

In my opinion, you fail to consider that the guy bailed in the AHL last season. It should have consequences. You can't reward a guy for bailing. If he's truly an elite talent and deserves a regular spot over anyone currently thought of as our 3rd pair then fine. But otherwise... it sends the wrong message. If I'm Beaulieu or Tinordi being sent back to the AHL watching ****ing Nygren being paid a NHL salary doing nothing after having bailed I'd lose my ****.

And you don't want a guy earning a NHL salary whom you don't know at all, and you don't even know if he has the work ethic to prepare properly for every game despite not playing. All you know about the guy is that he couldn't play a season in the AHL without giving up and going home.

In my scenario... Bouillon wouldn't play. Ever. Unless we can't recall one of Pateryn/Tinordi/Beaulieu in time. Or we get a wave of Ebola taking out half our D. **** would really have to hit the fan for him to play. Not to mention that Nygren wouldn't even play on the PP no matter what and that does seem to be where he could be the most useful.

I don't have time to comment on every one of your points (solid post tho) as I'm just stepping out the door, but in response to the bolded...

Do the same with Bouillon. Invite both to camp and see which is better. I think we all know the answer. I can understand you not wanting to guarantee the kid a spot, and that's not what I was saying we should do, but I like that the spot is there just in case.

I do like your last paragraph, except that I disagree that Nygren wouldn't see any PP time.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
lol, and what is this definition of 'wisely' and 'properly' you people keep throwing around? He hurt us when he was on the ice last year. In what situations, exactly, do you put bouillon on the ice instead of tinordi/beaulieu/pateryn/nygren and say ' oh, we need bouillon now, definitely, scratch the kid'. Tough teams? lol, no. Fast teams? God no. Really good teams? Nope. PP? PK? Even strength?

nope-nope-nope-t-shirt-thumbnail_1.jpg

The wisest use for bouillon is as commentator on RDS or some easy job with the team.

edit: although I do like the article's mention of them being in 'intense negotiations' or whatever. What the hell can they possibly be negotiating over? :laugh:

...Who the !")/(!)"(/$!")/$ is the "you people" you talk about?!?!?!

Besides... Proper usage? Closer to single-digit minutes than to 20 would be a very, very good start.

The problem isn't the player itself -- it's how we know he's gonna be used. I don't want him back more than you do, but for completely different reasons.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
...Who the !")/(!)"(/$!")/$ is the "you people" you talk about?!?!?!

People who like bouillon? Was it that hard to figure out? You're not the first in this thread to say the whole 'used properly' garbage.

edit: just figured out what you were hinting at. Get over yourself and then get over your insecurity. That is embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad