RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jazzped

May 16, 2013
Montreal
Give him 500k to hang out with the boys at Brossard as a consultant to "help & teach" the rookies, I don't care... Just don't waste a roster spot AND some of the cap left for him, please...

Saintpatrick*

A little respect for a true professional would be nice. The guy was solid for a long time and didn't complain when benched. I don't want to see Bouillon being the default choice ahead of our rookies, but if he's willing to be more of a mentor than player - fine. With so much hanging on Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and (maybe) Nygren, we could really use a vet taking on a teachable role.

A vet yes but we all know Therrien loves him he'll get more play time that what he deserves. I'd take McBain. Morris, Salo or Delzotto before the cube.

Analyzer*

No.

This will be an idiotic move. There are better dman out there than this useless ****. Keep him away from the team.

And we all know he'll play more than 20-30 games.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
8GsVgUW.jpg

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The problem with Bouillon has never been the player, but his usage. He's fine as a #7-#8 depth guy, but MT is way too attached to him. When he does get inserted into the lineup, MT over-extends his usage and importance.

He's been a good soldier, but I'd rather move away so that I don't have to see MT insert him in the lineup and lean on him when he shouldn't.

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
Why? It makes no sense.

Subban, Markov, Emelin, Gilbert, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Weaver, Pateryn, Nygren, Drewiske, Ellis, Dietz should be enough.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Bergevin loves depth at D a lot... the move is OK if Therrien understands he's a #8, which I don't have much faith in.

I agree he would be a perfect assist. coach

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Why would Bouillon come in on a teaching role when he was never good to begin with and his hockey IQ and positioning is arguably his worst aspect?

****ing cronyism man.

I'd rather have Komisarek back.

edit: I REMEMBER TEN YEARS AGO WHEN BOUILLON WAS FISHING PUCKS OUT OF THE NET REGULARLY. HE'S AWFUL.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Always was a Cube fan. Has been underated many times.

But c'mon even last year was becoming a stretch.

Give him Brisebois' old job, that would make sense!

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
Nygren and Pateryn are 24 years old and both ready for a legitimate chance in the NHL. They are even ahead of Tinordi and Beaulieu. They just don't have the "1st round draft pick" label.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
A vet yes but we all know Therrien loves him he'll get more play time that what he deserves. I'd take McBain. Morris, Salo or Delzotto before the cube.

The problem with Bouillon has never been the player, but his usage. He's fine as a #7-#8 depth guy, but MT is way too attached to him. When he does get inserted into the lineup, MT over-extends his usage and importance.

He's been a good soldier, but I'd rather move away so that I don't have to see MT insert him in the lineup and lean on him when he shouldn't.

Yes and yes. Bouillon was like a friggin' Timbit -- Therrien thought he could limit the guy's ice time, but ended up getting fat on Bouillon-glaze.

Make Bouillon into a healthy side dish for the rookies and we'll be fine.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Why would Bouillon come in on a teaching role when he was never good to begin with and his hockey IQ and positioning is arguably his worst aspect?

****ing cronyism man.

I'd rather have Komisarek back.

edit: I REMEMBER TEN YEARS AGO WHEN BOUILLON WAS FISHING PUCKS OUT OF THE NET REGULARLY. HE'S AWFUL.

Negative examples are very powerful.

"See 'dis? Do the udder thing."

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Absolutely no respect for a guy that gave it all and he's probably gonna be dead last on the depth chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPURa95SvQ
You had to dig a clip from 8 years ago, which has nothing to do with his (limited, terrible) on-ice abilities as a positive example?

The guy's done, he was going to retire TWO YEARS AGO.

Yes and yes. Bouillon was like a friggin' Timbit -- Therrien thought he could limit the guy's ice time, but ended up getting fat on Bouillon-glaze.

Make Bouillon into a healthy side dish for the rookies and we'll be fine.
Nygren and Pateryn are 24 man, if they don't get a chance now, they never will. It's not fair to them, they're owed a chance.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Negative examples are very powerful.

"See 'dis? Do the udder thing."
Kinda like Wayne Gretzky's coaching career: projecting old VHS tapes of his highlights and grumbling when his players wouldn't do it.

MauriceTheGreat*

who cares about what he did 8 years ago?

Heck i am just trying to remind how of a warrior cube is. Who cares if he's the 8th defencemen? He is not nearly as bad as people on this board believe.

Ad

Ad

Ad