RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
I really thought I wouldn't need this one this summer:

wNcTZd2.gif

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Heck i am just trying to remind how of a warrior cube is. Who cares if he's the 8th defencemen? He is not nearly as bad as people on this board believe.
What's your definition of warrior?

He was very, very bad in the final stretch and playoffs - arguably worse than Murray. Why would any team want him?

MauriceTheGreat*

What's your definition of warrior?

He was very, very bad in the final stretch and playoffs - arguably worse than Murray. Why would any team want him?

I would bet you wont see him in the playoffs, unless we have a injuried D but he will there for the youngsters.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
The problem with Bouillon has never been the player, but his usage. He's fine as a #7-#8 depth guy, but MT is way too attached to him. When he does get inserted into the lineup, MT over-extends his usage and importance.

He's been a good soldier, but I'd rather move away so that I don't have to see MT insert him in the lineup and lean on him when he shouldn't.

I agree, he's a pretty good insurance policy if that's all that he is, but we know, slowly, but surely MT will have him playing everyday, I think we need to move on.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
A vet yes but we all know Therrien loves him he'll get more play time that what he deserves. I'd take McBain. Morris, Salo or Delzotto before the cube.

Agreed.

No problem with Bouillon per se. He could probably help a team somewhere that needs a veteran presence.

I'd say Bouillon is good for 20 games max. while playing 10-12 min. per game max. Only way he's not a liability.

Do we need that? No. Will Therrien use him that way? No.

So the answer is NO!!

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
We could do worse than Bouillon, but if we're to get a 7th D-Men for limited purposes, I'd rather like the team to sign somebody like Sheldon Brookbank, or somebody in that role. Definitely better than Komisarek (not an NHL'er anymore) though.

Bouillon is good for 12-to-13 minutes with very sporadic minutes on the penalty kill should another D-Men is the one getting penalized, for something like 30 games a year. Exactly the stuff of a 7th D-Men.

But everybody knows he'll average 16-17 mins for 50+ games if back.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I would bet you wont see him in the playoffs, unless we have a injuried D but he will there for the youngsters.
I'm trying to find out what you mean by "he'll be there for the youngsters". What will he do, in what capacity will he help our top6, on-ice skaters?

He was never, ever in his career known for his IQ, positioning or defensive awareness. He relied on his agility and endurance and low centre of gravity more than anything. So how can he impart ANY wisdom onto our youngsters?

If we want depth why shouldn't we look at better options? I mean, in case of injuries in the playoffs I'd rather have Komisarek or MDZ or Derek Morris or Sami Salo (actually he'd be great) or Jovonovski or Klesla than Bouillon.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I'm trying to find out what you mean by "he'll be there for the youngsters". What will he do, in what capacity will he help our top6, on-ice skaters?

He was never, ever in his career known for his IQ, positioning or defensive awareness. He relied on his agility and endurance and low centre of gravity more than anything. So how can he impart ANY wisdom onto our youngsters?

If we want depth why shouldn't we look at better options? I mean, in case of injuries in the playoffs I'd rather have Komisarek or MDZ or Derek Morris or Sami Salo (actually he'd be great) or Jovonovski or Klesla than Bouillon.

How to carry themselves and embrace the culture in Montreal?

MauriceTheGreat*

Well, yes we should, but seem we wont. And i dont see the huge deal there. Lot of people on hfboards seem crazy to me, hes a veterant and yes he's gonna be there for the youngsters, what else? MB said next year the youth is gonna play a lot more, now if cube start the year as the 6th D I would totally feel the rage.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
As long as Therrien use him a 7-8th D i've got no trouble with that....i just donT wanna see him near the PP...

But then again....we got better options down the pipe.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
How to carry themselves and embrace the culture in Montreal?

We have backroom personnel, both retired NHLers and non-players, and a team full of experience players to do that, we don't need to sign Bouillon at 800k for such purposes. And besides, Bouillon was treated differently because he spoke French and has Quebecois ancestry, a Czech or Russian player won't have much to gain from Bouillon's "experience".

There is absolutely no need for Francois Bouillon on the squad, from 28th D and dead last in the depth chart to starting the 2nd PP in the 3rd round of the playoffs (oh wait.) - Francois Bouillon doesn't fit.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
They are, provided Therrien is told Bouillon is the 7th defenseman. In fact, Bergevin should put that in the contract and stipulate he can only play ahead of Beaulieu or Tinordi if we have two injuries and we are that desperate. He is also banned from ever playing with Subban even if the alternative is to play Subban by himself.

Anything else is a fireable offense!

Hehe, I think it would be something close to that.

Hopefully.

When the news of Subban signing hit us and I saw we had 2.5M in cap room, I knew this was coming.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Like I said, it could mean he would be the 8th D and Sekac begins his season in the AHL.

Truth is, we should go with 7D. Whoever out of Beaulieu and Tinordi isn't playing regular minutes should be playing in the AHL and not warm the bench. Use Bouillon in a warm the bench role.

MauriceTheGreat*

We have backroom personnel, both retired NHLers and non-players, and a team full of experience players to do that, we don't need to sign Bouillon at 800k for such purposes. And besides, Bouillon was treated differently because he spoke French and has Quebecois ancestry, a Czech or Russian player won't have much to gain from Bouillon's "experience".

There is absolutely no need for Francois Bouillon on the squad, from 28th D and dead last in the depth chart to starting the 2nd PP in the 3rd round of the playoffs (oh wait.) - Francois Bouillon doesn't fit.
He absolutely wont be hampering the squad if used properly either.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Truth is, we should go with 7D. Whoever out of Beaulieu and Tinordi isn't playing regular minutes should be playing in the AHL and not warm the bench. Use Bouillon in a warm the bench role.

Was hoping to use that spot for Nygren.

He absolutely wont be hampering the squad if used properly either.

He absolutely won't hamper us if used properly because using Bouillon properly would imply never dressing him.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
God and Bergie, MAKE IT SO !!!

WE NEED CUBE !!!! SO MUCH !!!!

Our second PP unit will now be fine !

Seriously, if you send back two of Beaulieu, Pateryn or Tinordi who are not going to play regular in Hamilton and Francis agrees to 1 year, league minimum (550 000 i think) I can live with that (also if from the get go, it's being made clear to him that he is last on the depth chart)

If not, no way jose.... Frankie's time is gone, he needs to understands it....

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012

Why do you need 7th d-men ? If one is injure you call one up from Hamilton.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why I wouldn't have been upset had PK got an 11.6M AAV on his new contract. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad