F Sandis Vilmanis - North Bay Battalion, OHL (2022, 157th, FLA)

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
What we're seeing is that his skating, speed and size allows him to do much of the same at the NHL level in terms of scoring. And that sort of changes the entire equation.

We've got a natural goal scorer on our hands here.
He was an absolute problem for teams to handle in the OHL playoffs. Has a well developed offensive toolbox, and he was skating extremely well, putting opposing D on their heels. His shot and ability to finish are all really good. If he can show he can handle the game away from the puck at this level, I think he’ll become a solid NHL scorer in a couple of years. Has 20-30 goal potential imo.

Reactions: Namejs

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Lol! Panthers having a good roster is the most damn relevant point there is to understand. How in the hell is that difficult for you? Oh, so you think a organization should give up a spot for free. Especially when they are contenders? Lol.

My point is, they will not give him a damn thing for free because of their contender status. Also, if you think it's better to play low minutes in a fourth line for a promising prospect? Then that's on you. You haven't answered a single question either. Only ducking without the ability to problematize the scenario.
I think the kid is really promising but you are picturing him as Bedard or Michkov by now. Chill.
You entered a conversation between two people and introduced an argument about how playing on the 4th line would be bad for Vilmanis and that it's unlikely he would make the top 6.

Neither of the two people having a conversation about Vilmanis before were discussing this arbitrary set of conditionals you introduced.

The discussion was about his chances of playing in the NHL. One poster claimed the likelihood was close to 0%, my counter-argument was that it's non-zero.

Then you brought up an invalid example of a player whose career development was allegedly mismanaged and I fact-checked you on that.

So, once again, I'm not discussing the utility of Vilmanis playing on the 4th line. At all.

How is Bedard relevant here? It's funny you tried to derail this conversation into 'you're biased on Vilmanis' only to bring up the most overhyped prospect in recent years - Michkov - who has 7 pts in 4 preseason games and played on one of the worst KHL teams last season and wasn't their highest scorer.

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You entered a conversation between two people and introduced an argument about how playing on the 4th line would be bad for Vilmanis and that it's unlikely he would make the top 6.

Neither of the two people having a conversation about Vilmanis before were discussing this arbitrary set of conditionals you introduced.

The discussion was about his chances of playing in the NHL. One poster claimed the likelihood was close to 0%, my counter-argument was that it's non-zero.

Then you brought up an invalid example of a player whose career development was allegedly mismanaged and I fact-checked you on that.

So, once again, I'm not discussing the utility of Vilmanis playing on the 4th line. At all.

How is Bedard relevant here? It's funny you tried to derail this conversation into 'you're biased on Vilmanis' only to bring up the most overhyped prospect in recent years - Michkov - who has 7 pts in 4 preseason games and played on one of the worst KHL teams last season and wasn't their highest scorer.
I mean of course it's not non-zero, to even argue against that is nothing but naive from you and shows that it affected you in someway. There isn't anything called non-zero because neither he, or surprise you, can speculate about injuries etc.
But you really did give the impression of being unrealistic. Also, further down the road you gave us glimpses of that with showing no ability to argue for how, when and where he should play.

No, you are only discussing that he should get a certain spot because he is Latvian and got drafted late to satisfy you. Because not once have you talked about anything else. Funny thing is not many first rounders get to play the first day they arrive. Only generational and elite talent are often certain to play their first season.
And it's relevant to talk about the status of a roster and franchise when arguing about prospects and if they should play or not.
You have Utah and Sabres with plenty of prospects but they aren't a title contender yet. But it could be difficult for a new prospect to earn a spot. Then you have title contenders like Panthers, Avalanche and others that also makes it tougher for a prospect but in a different way.

Its funny? The funny thing is you can't adress anything with relevant parallels. All in all, only thing you showed was that you want him to get a spot and dream about it. And that you can argue against someone who shows a black or white perspective on things, wow mate congrats. But when someone problematizes things you quit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad