GDT: Training Camp discussion - Abruzzese on waivers and other cuts

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Dewar still still get a game in. Kampf looked competent last night and played his typical game (ignoring Cap implications). Jarnkrok looks like his typical self, shot a perfect crease front pass into the goalies glove.

Locks:
Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Tavares
Robertson
Lorentz
Holmberg

Should be lock's but not showing it:
Knies
McMann

Meh but will probably make the team:
Pacioretty
Kampf
Jarnkrok
Reeves

Odd man out: Dewar

Back to Junior: Cowan

They should probably waive Reeves to get the forwards down to 12 but trading Jarnkrok (or Kampf) works for me as well.

Rafai and Meyer had a very good game. First call ups if they pass waivers.

Liljegren looks unenthused, no urgency. Very disappointed. They will probably let him try to play his way to being better at his contract and cap hit.

Treliving has a few moves to make. Timmins should either make the team or get traded because he’ll be snapped up on waivers.

I think they are hiding Murray because another good game and he would be gone on waivers too. Probably will get claimed anyway.

We are going to lose one or two regular NhL players for nothing and people will moan. But Lorentz and Robertson have been excellent. They have to replace someone.

I have been saying for a while and I still don't even know if it is possible, but not signing Lorentz (or even Pacioretty) right away is a lever we have to manage the cap in the early season before injuries hit. I do wonder why neither PTO has signed yet.

I would also waive Reaves to gain cap and roster flexibility.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I have been saying for a while and I still don't even know if it is possible, but not signing Lorentz (or even Pacioretty) right away is a lever we have to manage the cap in the early season before injuries hit. I do wonder why neither PTO has signed yet.

I would also waive Reaves to gain cap and roster flexibility.

Someone ..cough Lily... cough .... will pull a groin or a toenail or a hangnail and be out long term - 2 to 3 months on LTIR .... and poof all of a sudden we have LTIR cap relief...

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Someone ..cough Lily... cough .... will pull a groin or a toenail or a hangnail and be out long term - 2 to 3 months on LTIR .... and poof all of a sudden we have LTIR cap relief...
Yeah. I don't see why Lily does that. He needs ice time here or somewhere else. I think the player that does this needs to be onboard with the decision.

I am not a Lilly hater at all, but we should just try to move him. I don't really see what the upside is. He is already making $3M a year and not a solid top four by any stretch. If over the next two years he develops into one it will line up with UFA and then we are paying him five or six million a year.

We should pull a Sandin and move him out for value and never miss him.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is there a list of all the players left at the main camp? Just wondering how many more they need to trim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad