RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Here's Bouillon's WOWY chart from the season review I wrote on his 2013-14 campaign.

5UYRlbT.jpg

It's not quite as bad as another d-man (we all know who), but it's pretty damn terrible.

For those that aren't sure what they're looking at, red = bad. Bouillon is a drag on almost everyone he plays with, and if I recall correctly he was actually paired with Subban for 30% of his shifts.

I like the guy's attitude, work ethic and demeanor, but he's clearly way below replacement level at this point in his career.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Please yes.

The reaction of this board would be priceless.

:laugh: I know bring him back:handclap:

seriously though....whats wrong with an experienced 7th dman who barely put a scratch in our cap?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Subban should have taken more money or maybe he can be another development coach? :laugh:

EDIT: Wow there's actually people defending him? People realize he was averaging almost 18min/game last season right...is 'in the right role' the new way of defending awful hockey players? No other NHL team will sign Boullion or Murray for a reason...

Your problem seems to be with MT more than with Bouillon

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What the heck are "intense negotiations" with Francis Bouillon? :laugh:

Shouldn't negotiations be "Francis, if you want to play in the league, you accept the minimum"??? Can't believe we can't move on from him. As honest as I thought he once was, he clearly isn't there anymore. And I would prefer even having a kid as a #7 to watch and practice with the pros than to have Bouillon sit there.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What the heck are "intense negotiations" with Francis Bouillon? :laugh:

Shouldn't negotiations be "Francis, if you want to play in the league, you accept the minimum"??? Can't believe we can't move on from him. As honest as I thought he once was, he clearly isn't there anymore. And I would prefer even having a kid as a #7 to watch and practice with the pros than to have Bouillon sit there.

2-way deal or not?
Negotiations on presumptive role? I dunno...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
2-way deal or not?
Negotiations on presumptive role? I dunno...

But there's shouldn't be a negotiation on our part. This is what we offer to you Francis. You are quite lucky that we even offer you something. 2-way deal? They probably wouldn't do that. But I mean, isn't it clear that he shouldn't be top 6? Can't he understand that he shouldn't be playing and that even as #7, there will probably be a better player in Hamilton that will take his place if needed on a long run? Why the heck would Bouillon consider that? One reason: 'Cause it's the ONLY offer. And if it's the only offer...there are NO negotiations. Take it or leave it.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Cube's like the bad weed that just keeps growing and growing, no matter if you pull it out or not. Enough of this ****, seriously! It's time to give Beaulieu, Tinordi and even Pateryn legitimate chances. This cannot be done when you have a Bouillon on the squad. Enough!

I agree, though, it'd be funny to see the ****storm that'll ensure following his potential comeback.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I thought we were done with Bouillon ffs....

Must be the inner workings of master Therrien :sarcasm:

emrknjp.gif

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
"Depuis l'ouverture des joueurs autonomes le premier juillet, Bouillon a eu des discussions avec d'autres formations du circuit Bettman, mais son premier choix est de revenir à Montréal."

It's the only place where he knows he can still play and have a role in the NHL... :facepalm:

Thankfully if this is from Renaud Lavoie, it's a safe bet it won't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad