RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
At this point, you guys are really just being haters.

The guy is a good mentor for the kids, he probably won't play that much.

I would be pleased to see him retire as a Hab.

Last edited:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Subban, Markov, Emelin, Gilbert, Weaver, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Nygren, Pateryn.

why

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

I would be pleased to see him retiring as a Hab.

Their fears are not irrational. MT is a coach who plays favorites, and Bouillon is at the top of his list. Give us any other coach, who has a more meritocratic approach, and most of us would side with you.

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
Have any of you actually crunched the numbers?
Unless Moen gets traded, if the Habs keep 8 d-men, that means Bournival is in Hamilton.
Not interested in that.
Not to bring Bouillon back.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

I would be pleased to see him retiring as a Hab.

Nothing we've seen so far indicates Therrien won't bench Beaulieu/Tinordi/Pateryn first chance he gets so that Honey Boo Boo can get some ice time with Subban. We've seen it enough last year and the year before it.

He can just retire now, same effect. Retires a Hab. Done.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I don't have a problem with him back for dirt cheap. Beaulieu, Tinordi, Nygren and Pateryn all seem like they can fill in if injuries happen so it'd be very unlikely Bouillon would play as much as he has in the past. We've lost a lot of leadership so having a vet like him stick around couldn't hurt, just really hope MT finally realizes he's a 7th/8th dman.

24Cups

Aug 2, 2005
I would bet you wont see him in the playoffs, unless we have a injuried D but he will there for the youngsters.

He will be there instead of the youngsters. Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn, and Nygren need NHL minutes to see what they can do and if they can learn from their mistakes. Do any of these players have to clear waivers to be assigned to Hamilton this year?

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
One things for sure, if Bouillon gets more ice-time than Subban now, even the French media will be calling for MT's head.

Saintpatrick*

NOOOOO

PLease god NOOOOO!!!

Bergevin signs with intent to be 7th-8th Dman, Therrien pairs with Subban.

We've all seen how this plays out. GTFO

Exactly and he was an anchor around Subban's neck when Therrien made that ridiculous defensive pairing. Let the kids play Tinordi and Beaulieu are ready.

Saintpatrick*

I don't have a problem with him back for dirt cheap. Beaulieu, Tinordi, Nygren and Pateryn all seem like they can fill in if injuries happen so it'd be very unlikely Bouillon would play as much as he has in the past. We've lost a lot of leadership so having a vet like him stick around couldn't hurt, just really hope MT finally realizes he's a 7th/8th dman.

That's the problem with signing him he loves the cube and doesn't see him as a 7th or 8th dman.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Frankie, please reinvent your game. We need you as a stay at home defenseman. The ultimate stay at home defenseman.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
My french sucks so I google translated the RDS report, think it says he has interest from other teams?

Like real life NHL teams?

If so great, you don't have to feel like you ended his career

Here's a 10 ft pole MB and keep walking past the Cube

If the kids totally fall flat on their face there will still be dozens of depth d-men on the sidelines looking for deals in November

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Douglas Murray??...Haha! Thanks for that. Everyone needs to laugh once in a while.

Well...Bouillon might come back...might as well bring back Douglas Murray for 15-20 games (to help contain Lucic, Chara, Colton Orr, Neil,etc).

TWO-WAY CONTRACTS ($100 000 to $150 000 AHL.... and $500 000 NHL.....fair? no? yes?):
Murray
Bouillon

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Tinordi-Weaver
Murray
Bouillon
Beaulieu (AHL...40-65games until his DEFENSE 101 improves).

Drewiskie...trade for a 6th Rnd Pick.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay

Exactly. He's a good old timer to have around, plus in limited minutes, he's not too bad. I'd rather have him than another 7-8th D journeyman.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

People keep claiming this but I haven't seen it substantiated once. How would Bouillon be a good mentor for the kids? What has he done in his career that would indicate this to you, or others who think likewise?

Was he a notably cerebral player? Was he ever talented defensively? Was he ever relied heavily upon and carried a team?

I don't see how signing Bouillon can be any sort of positive for the young players on our squad -- in fact, given how Therrien played him despite being well past his best before date, I think signing Bouillon will DIRECTLY hurt our young players by cutting away from their ice-time.

We already have Weaver and Gilbert coming in replacing Gorges. That means: Markov, Emelin, Subban, Gilbert, Weaver are locks + Tinordi and Beaulieu and Drewiskie as the 8th. Where the heck will Bouillon slot in? Why beside Gilbert on the 2nd pp of course! Because that's how it's been for two friggin years, and he has literally ONE PP point to show for it. Unbelievable.

Signing Bouillon is bad. He's already going to retire a Hab, whatever that means. The guy's a marginal d-man who had a late career renaissance with the Preds. His stint with the Habs was forgettable at best. Not an impact player and more often than not, he was carried by his partner. Deplorably BAD hockey IQ and defensive awareness too... "warrior" and "pint-size but big heart" only go so far. And it ain't far at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad