RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
What's wrong with people on RDS.ca? The top comments beneath the article are all in favor of a Bouillon comeback. :laugh:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
What's wrong with people on RDS.ca? The top comments beneath the article are all in favor of a Bouillon comeback. :laugh:

There seems to be a disconnect between RDS fans and every other fan. They're like the Habs version of Leafs fans who believe everything Don Cherry says to be true.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Some RDS comments vastly overrate the impact of linguistics on playing ability. Fournier was mentioned as a possible replacement for White, and that's more out there than Bouillon. There were some good comments too (from memory, not direct quotations), like "Bouillon was good but he's 38, he's done" and "MB will have to keep FB away from MT because otherwise he'll play 25 minutes instead of the 12 he could handle." I don't think anyone expected Bouillon to star, the repeated term was "good insurance policy."

Nothing against Bouillon but he and Tinordi have are close to passing each other in opposite directions in terms of playing ability and the comparison is not going to improve for Bouillon. I'd play Tinordi on his wrong side over Bouillon this year.

On the other hand I doubt Bouillon will sign elsewhere and he could be a logical pick up after the camp if Pateryn shows he can't make the transition from the AHL, Nygren shows he can't play NA hockey, and they want to go with at least 8 guys on D.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I am sure we don't need to talk about the reasons why having Pateryn as 8th D is an awful idea? I would rather have a 38 years old veteran warm up the bench. Pateryn needs to be the best D in Hamilton, without any serious risks of being called up every other week for 1 game stints. If it's not Bouillon, I'm expecting someone like Bouillon.

For everyone saying:

Subban, Beaulieu, Markov, Gilbert, Emelin, Weaver, Nygren, Tinordi, Pateryn.

Wake up seriously. That would mean: 4 players with less than 100 games of experience.

It is much better to have something like this:

Subban, Beaulieu, Markov, Gilbert, Emelin, Nygren vs Tinordi, Weaver, Bouillon

and Nygren vs Tinordi, Pateryn with stable jobs in the in AHL / Sweden.

Bergevin intent was to create 2 jobs for our 4 young guys. I think Beaulieu is a lock, so it will be Tinordi vs Nygren for the last spot.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Nygren is 24, and wont go to Hamilton. How long does he have to be groomed now? til hes 29?
Pateryn is 24 too I think. Let them play. If Bouillon gets signed it wont be until after the camp imo.

If anything id pick up Del Zotto

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Nothing we've seen so far indicates Therrien won't bench Beaulieu/Tinordi/Pateryn first chance he gets so that Honey Boo Boo can get some ice time with Subban. We've seen it enough last year and the year before it.

He can just retire now, same effect. Retires a Hab. Done.

Bouillon sat over 30 games last year.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
MT is a terrible coach? 100 points last year with an average roster. 63 points in 48 games the previous year, again with an average roster..

MB gets nominate two years in a row for GM of the year. HF Board = fire him.

What's up with that?

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
There seems to be a disconnect between RDS fans and every other fan. They're like the Habs version of Leafs fans who believe everything Don Cherry says to be true.

You want a disconnect:

MT is a terrible coach is what you hear a lot on here. Yet 100 points last year with an arguably very average roster. 63 points in 48 games the previous year, again with an average roster.

MB gets nominated two years in a row for GM of the year. HF Board = fire him.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I am sure we don't need to talk about the reasons why having Pateryn as 8th D is an awful idea? I would rather have a 38 years old veteran warm up the bench. Pateryn needs to be the best D in Hamilton, without any serious risks of being called up every other week for 1 game stints. If it's not Bouillon, I'm expecting someone like Bouillon.

For everyone saying:

Wake up seriously. That would mean: 4 players with less than 100 games of experience.

Bergevin intent was to create 2 jobs for our 4 young guys. I think Beaulieu is a lock, so it will be Tinordi vs Nygren for the last spot.

I believe that too.

13 F:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Prust
Bournival/Moen-Malhotra-Weise

8 D:

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gilbert
Beaulieu/Tinordi-Weaver
Bouillon

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

For everyone saying:

Not going to happen, unless...Nygren has a crazy-amazing camp.

Tinordi, Beaulieu and now...maybe even Bouillon/Murray are all ahead of Nygren...imo. Cheers!

Markov - PK Subban
Emelin - Weaver/Gilbert
Tinordi - Weaver/Gilbert
#7-8) Bouillon/Murray (two-way contracts)/Beaulieu
#8-9) Beaulieu (more AHL games for his DEFENCE 101)
Drewiskie + 7th traded FOR a 5th rnd pick

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
RDS is looking for hits...no foundation to this rumor I'm not buying it.

The combo of "seeking hits" + "poor writing skills" could be a very good explanation for the uses of phrases like "intenses négociations".

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
You want a disconnect:

MT is a terrible coach is what you hear a lot on here. Yet 100 points last year with an arguably very average roster. 63 points in 48 games the previous year, again with an average roster.

MB gets nominated two years in a row for GM of the year. HF Board = fire him.

How is our roster average? We have a top 5 goalie on the planet and a top 5 dman on the planet. We have a 40 goal scorer. No other team in the East save for maybe Pittsburgh have as many truly elite talents as us. There's no reason we shouldn't be finishing first in the East aside from our first line center.

The myth that the Habs are average needs to end. If(assuming healthy) we don't at least compete for home ice in the playoffs it's a result of horrible coaching.

boyinboyin

Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
If he shot right I MIGHT understand as a outlet depth move if the HAD to sign him. With Tinner and Beau both on the left as the 6 and 7 guys, it makes ZERO sense to sign him.

Looking at this list of UFAs, tell me there isn't one who is a better choice than Bou :shakehead:

http://www.capgeek.com/ufa-finder/?stats_type=standard&position_id=D

Name Pos Age Team GP G A P PIM +/- TOI-TOT
McBain, Jamie » D 26 BUF 69 6 11 17 14 -13 20.17
Morris, Derek » D 35 ARI 63 5 12 17 41 -2 19.45
Salo, Sami » D 39 TBL 71 4 13 17 18 11 18.19
Del Zotto, M. » D 24 NSH 67 3 13 16 18 -9 17.21
Diaz, Raphael » D 28 NYR 63 2 13 15 16 -2 17.99
Ranger, Paul » D 29 TOR 53 6 8 14 36 -1 17.42
Corvo, Joe » D 37 OTT 25 3 7 10 10 -7 17.52
Sarich, Cory » D 35 COL 54 1 9 10 38 7 17.09
Prosser, Nate » D 28 MIN 53 2 6 8 58 2 14.53
Tallinder, Henrik » D 35 BUF 64 2 6 8 34 -21 19.00
Brookbank, S. » D 33 CHI 48 2 5 7 52 2 12.89
Belov, Anton » D 28 EDM 57 1 6 7 34 -12 16.68
Bouillon, Francis » D 38 MTL 52 2 4 6 34 -5 17.69
Jovanovski, Ed » D 38 FLA 37 1 4 5 39 -6 16.17
Potter, Corey » D 30 BOS 19 0 5 5 21 -1 13.77
Colaiacovo, Carlo » D 31 STL 25 1 3 4 18 -4 15.15
Klesla, Rostislav » D 32 BUF 25 1 3 4 24 -3 15.51
Komisarek, Mike » D 32 CAR 32 0 4 4 14 -4 11.70
Martinek, Radek » D 37 NYI 13 0 3 3 4 4 15.48
O'Brien, Shane » D 30 CGY 45 0 3 3 58 -8 11.26
Brouillette, J. » D 27 WAS 10 1 1 2 0 3 15.55
Gilroy, Matt » D 30 FLA 16 1 1 2 6 -2 16.25
Fraser, Mark » D 27 EDM 42 1 1 2 76 -15 15.37
Sulzer, Alexander » D 30 BUF 25 0 2 2 8 -3 18.13
Murray, Douglas » D 34 MTL 53 0 2 2 42 -12 14.35
Fortunus, Maxime » D 31 DAL 1 0 1 1 0 1 16.28
Yonkman, Nolan » D 33 ANA 2 0 1 1 0 -1 14.89
Grebeshkov, Denis » D 30 EDM 7 0 1 1 2 0 13.69
Smith, Derek » D 29 CGY 14 0 1 1 2 -10 9.53
Rome, Aaron » D 30 DAL 25 0 1 1 11 -6 13.09
Sauve, Yann » D 24 VAN 3 0 0 0 0 -2 12.28
Gill, Hal » D 39 PHI 6 0 0 0 2 0 14.84
Taormina, Matt » D 27 CLB 7 0 0 0 0 0 13.40
Whitney, Ryan » D 31 FLA 7 0 0 0 6 -7 16.75
Mottau, Mike » D 36 FLA 8 0 0 0 4 -3 12.66
Alberts, Andrew » D 33 VAN 10 0 0 0 0 1 7.39

A guy like Brookbank could be useful and MB knows him or maybe OCTOPUS Gill xd

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
MT is a terrible coach? 100 points last year with an average roster. 63 points in 48 games the previous year, again with an average roster..

What's up with that?

100 points with a top-10 LW, a top-10 dman and a top-10 goalie (top-5 even), very average indeed...

I give more credit to MB than MT for the success the Habs are having and most sees it, hence the GM of the year nominations and the lack of coach of the year nominations.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
How is our roster average? We have a top 5 goalie on the planet and a top 5 dman on the planet. We have a 40 goal scorer. No other team in the East save for maybe Pittsburgh have as many truly elite talents as us. There's no reason we shouldn't be finishing first in the East aside from our first line center.

The myth that the Habs are average needs to end. If(assuming healthy) we don't at least compete for home ice in the playoffs it's a result of horrible coaching.

At present we lack a genuine #1C and a big shutdown D man. All year we had trouble getting a 2nd line D pair to play the bottom half of the PP. That's what is missing to make us a contender, not just a playoff team. The rest of the roster is good. But I laugh at all those saying MB and MT suck. That's just stupid.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Have any of you actually crunched the numbers?
Unless Moen gets traded, if the Habs keep 8 d-men, that means Bournival is in Hamilton.
Not interested in that.
Not to bring Bouillon back.

Bouillon has nothing to do with the forwards. I would be surprised if Moen wasn't moved before October 1st.

I like the idea of having a veteran in the mix for #6-7-8 and would rather have Bouillon playing 40 games a year and sitting than either Tinordi or Beaulieu in the press box.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Some fans try to justify rehiring Bouillon on the grounds that he's experienced and would be an inexpensive hire. Do the Habs NEED him? Of course not, unless they need a mole to play Whack-a-Mole. He's old, he has little offensive ability, his wingspan is pathetically short, and he would occupy a roster spot that might be put to better use. Imagine how a promising young Dman laboring in Hamilton must feel when he turns on the TV and sees Bouillon blow his defensive coverage.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

What's up with that?

The problem is that you're not properly evaluating our talent. The habs roster has not been 'average' at all. People are still falling for the 'but we finished 3rd last that one year'. Seems most habs fans find it hard to believe we're actually good again, as that 3rd last finish was the fluke, not the other way around. It's as if people only remember the cunneyworth year and have forgotten the fact that we were really good the year before.

Last edited:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Some fans try to justify rehiring Bouillon on the grounds that he's experienced and would be an inexpensive hire. Do the Habs NEED him? Of course not, unless they need a mole to play Whack-a-Mole. He's old, he has little offensive ability, his wingspan is pathetically short, and he would occupy a roster spot that might be put to better use. Imagine how a promising young Dman laboring in Hamilton must feel when he turns on the TV and sees Bouillon blow his defensive coverage.

I'm with you. Having 3 inexperienced players on the roster is not alarming in itself, if the they compete for 1 or 2 roster spots (depending on whether Weaver plays that night). I only see 3 of them competing on a regular basis: Beaulieu, Tinordi, Nygren, with Pateryn and one of the last two switching from NHL and AHL periodically, so that there are never more then 3 travelling with the big club. Beaulieu was one of the better players on the blueline in the last playoffs; experience is not a substitute for his talent.

As far as I am concerned, we have our veteran blueliner: Weaver. I agree with those who suggest that RDS seems to be fishing for hits.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
100 points with a top-10 LW, a top-10 dman and a top-10 goalie (top-5 even), very average indeed...

I give more credit to MB than MT for the success the Habs are having and most sees it, hence the GM of the year nominations and the lack of coach of the year nominations.

I give credit to Trevor Timmins.

;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I give credit to Trevor Timmins.

;)

Will never understand why people credit the GM for the picks we made. That's like thinking Réjean Houle is finally a Genius because of that 1998 draft. I mean, just switch Chouinard with Gagné, and 1998 challenges 2007 and 1987 as the 2nd best draft ever. 1984 being evidently THE best draft of the last 30 years of the Habs franchise.

And Houle was the GM...which we all know how terrible he is. The only way you credit a GM for the head scout job is the one that appointed that head scout. And that's André Savard. Kudos on the others for keeping him but then....wasn't that hard to do....

As far as MB is concerned...well I'd like to know Grant's take on that....I'M a big advocate to have a lot of people around....just wondering right now if too much can also be possible? Timmins still in charge, but then Churla is there too.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad