RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Per TVA Sports, Meehan said Bouillon wants back but Bergevin was hesitant to bring him back.

He's trying to use public pressure to get his guy a deal.
When has this ever worked? RDS is so damn unprofessional sometimes...

Bouillon can suck a lemon.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Remember that game when Cube led all skaters on both teams in icetime?

MT gets a pup tent in his trousers when it comes to Boullion..

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
We ALL know he won't play 20 games. He'll play 78.

Actually, only irrational group-thinkers believe this. The rational know that, if signed, he'd be extremely unlikely to play as much as last year, which was 52 regular season games and 9 of 17 playoff games.

Saintpatrick*

Actually, only irrational group-thinkers believe this. The rational know that, if signed, he'd be extremely unlikely to play as much as last year, which was 52 regular season games and 9 of 17 playoff games.

Therrien is not amung that group of rational thinkers not when it comes to certain players. He plays favorites we all know that.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Therrien is not amung that group of rational thinkers not when it comes to certain players. He plays favorites we all know that.

That will have to be different this year, expectations will now be higher and he will feel more pressure. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to life after Gallant, that guy was the players coach and not Therrien in my opinion.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Not going to happen, unless...Nygren has a crazy-amazing camp.

Tinordi, Beaulieu and now...maybe even Bouillon/Murray are all ahead of Nygren...imo. Cheers!

Markov - PK Subban
Emelin - Weaver/Gilbert
Tinordi - Weaver/Gilbert
#7-8) Bouillon/Murray (two-way contracts)/Beaulieu
#8-9) Beaulieu (more AHL games for his DEFENCE 101)
Drewiskie + 7th traded FOR a 5th rnd pick

Tinordi is not ahead of Nygren like Beaulieu is ahead of both. Tinordi vs Nygren, it's a choice between a two-way guy vs a purely defensive guy, they both have their own set of + and -, but at this point, probably an equal fight.

You are way off on Beaulieu. He's much closer to being top 4 than to being in the AHL...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Hopefully Bergevin offers him the Darche 500k two way deal and Bouillon says it's an insult and we never see him again.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga

This is the second time in this thread that I have quoted someone who has used the phrase "we all know". Please allow me to post an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on Groupthink:

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Now let's look at the facts. Last year, Therrien sat Bouillon in the pressbox for 30 regular season games and 8 of 17 playoff games. And yet there is a group of people here who ignore these facts and believe that Therrien would play him significantly more than that if signed this year, because "he plays favorites we all know that".

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It does seem to me that "Bouillon coming back" is mostly if not only a wish by Bouillon with some extra pressure towards the Habs from his entourage and some medias....Let's hope it stays that way. I mean, in any other circumstances, I obviously wouldn't mind having an experienced #7 d-man. Just that the Bouillon experiment should be done and over with. Mostly based on how slowed down Bouillon is now. Also based on the fact that while he sat some games, that you never know how Therrien would see his favorite kid being sat....Again, I have no idea how it could be Bouillon's favorite destination based on our depth unless....it's actually the ONLY destination.

For Nygren, it's Habs or Sweden. And if it's not Habs this year.....I'd give him another camp next year but then a decision will need to be made. Wouldn't even be surprised if it's made this year as far as a trade is concerned.

Last edited:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
For Nygren, it's Habs or Sweden. And if it's not Habs this year.....I'd give him another camp next year but then a decision will need to be made in trade.

I really hope he gets a couple games to start the year so we can see what he's really made of. We need to know if he's an asset for us.

Apr 28, 2010
tumblr_m5mewpTclV1qdycpo.gif

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
We ALL know he won't play 20 games. He'll play 78.

Right, because even with Emelin hurt almost half the year last season he played a grant total of 52 games. Don't let facts get in your way...

This is the second time in this thread that I have quoted someone who has used the phrase "we all know". Please allow me to post an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on Groupthink:

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Now let's look at the facts. Last year, Therrien sat Bouillon in the pressbox for 30 regular season games and 8 of 17 playoff games. And yet there is a group of people here who ignore these facts and believe that Therrien would play him significantly more than that if signed this year, because "he plays favorites we all know that".

This is HF boards where facts don't matter and fanatic-ism and overreaction are the norm.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Right, because even with Emelin hurt almost half the year last season he played a grant total of 52 games. Don't let facts get in your way...

This is HF boards where facts don't matter and fanatic-ism and overreaction are the norm.

...he shouldn't be playing any games is the point here...all playing Bouillon does now is hinder the kids (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Nygren)...they have veteran presence already, signing Boo Boo is possibly the worst thing we could do to our blueline...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
...he shouldn't be playing any gamers is the point here...all playing Bouillon does now is hinder the kids (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Nygren)...they have veteran presence already, signing Boo Boo is possibly the worst thing we could do to our blueline...

Not sure where you get that logic. Kids don't get hindered by playing big minutes in the AHL rather than sitting in the press box at the NHL level.

I'd rather have a guy like Bouillon in the mix in the #7-8 slots than having a rookie sitting.

So you're saying that signing Bouillon is worse than letting Markov and Subban walk? Quite the statement.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006

The point isn't 52 or 78. It's 1. There is no need for this guy at this point and having him around will hinder the kids. MT will at some point think that sitting a kid after a mistake will help the team rather than let the kid learn. He will sit a kid and put in a washed up, slow favorite of his to make a point. I rather not have this happen even once. There are other teaching methods and I rather have a better #7 or #8.

If you think I am going overboard, remember that MT used to play this guy on the PP.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I'd rather sign McBain to sit in the pressbox than Bouillon, at least he has some kind of upside given his value plumetted in the last two years.

What do you guys think

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Not sure where you get that logic. Kids don't get hindered by playing big minutes in the AHL rather than sitting in the press box at the NHL level.

I'd rather have a guy like Bouillon in the mix in the #7-8 slots than having a rookie sitting.

So you're saying that signing Bouillon is worse than letting Markov and Subban walk? Quite the statement.

...OK, no need for the silly talk in that last line, you know what I meant...and the logic is pretty sound; our top young Dmen need NHL experience...they are already legit AHL Dmen, they've proven that...it's time to take the next step with them...you don't wanna rush em, but you can't coddle them forever either...Boo Boo signed will hinder that NHL experience they require at this stage in their careers...it's not rocket appliance, Ricky...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The same thing happened with Begin and Darche in the last few years... A few very vocal media members get behind a well liked local guy on the last leg of his career and make it sound like not bringing them back would be an insult to them AND the fans. Then when the team makes the smart hockey move and let them walk those same media guy make raise a minor stir about how the organization was classless. And then when the player ends up retiring because no other team wants to spend money on an over the hill fringe NHL it's all forgotten and the player ends up on TV somewhere. Rinse and repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad