computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif
He's a Bruins fan, by the way.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Bouillon himself said he was in negotiations

And by negotiations he means...

ring ring

MB: Hello?
Bou: Hi Mark, can I play for you guys again?
MB: Ahhhh, Mark noooo heere right now, can I take a meesage?
Bou: Tell Mark I'll work league minimum, anything!!! Please, I just want to come back!!
MB: Ok, Ok, I tell Mark. I go now. Bye bye...
Hangs up. Turns to Rick Dudley, man, that was awkward. He won't stop calling and doesn't take a hint!
Bou, turns to RDS reporter, says we're in deep negotiations right now. It's just a matter of time.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bouillon himself said he was in negotiations

When I want to laugh I go back to the article and read "Intense negotiations". Just cracks me up everytime.

I keep reading that there's negotiations but then in the same statement....I read that it's status quo and Bergevin didn't come back to them. So it's not negotiations. It's a request. At worst, it's in Bergevin's head who's wondering what his 8 d-men will look like. With "maybe" a "We'll call you back if interested". That's Bouillon's negotiations.

'Cause again it's impossible to be in negotiations with Bouillon. The guy has to look at the roster and understand he won't be a regular. Now what do you do if you love hockey so much you can't retire? You find a team that want to make you a regular and then...we keep hearing how it's in the Habs hands. So he wants to be back. And probably don't mind if it's exactly in the same role and maybe with even less games. There's just NO reason why Bergevin wouldn't offer the minimum. And maybe +100 000$ for having to do most of the franco interviews. Yet....the "negotiations" is Bouillon saying please, please, please, please and Bergevin finally saying "Okay, I'll say yes if you shut the hell up".

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Calling Bergevin and begging for a contract doesn't mean he's in negociations ... Well maybe to him it is.

He's a free asset that wants to come back at all costs. I don't see why it wouldn't be down by now if it was in Bergevin's intentions to bring him back.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life
Bouillon on #Habs young leadership core: "I don't think any of those guys are mature enough to be captain, yet. Maybe in a few years."

How I read it: "This team NEEDS me for a few years."

That's sad, honestly...

God I hate him. So much.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If I were him... I'd take advantage of the fact that I'm in pretty good shape and can skate pretty well for somebody of my (well... his) age, and I'd go play in Switzerland or Austria or some nice place like that, instead of hanging to a #8th D-Men role.

Analyzer*

I'm in negotiations with Montreal, too.

Just because they won't return my calls doesn't me there's no chance.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
If I were him... I'd take advantage of the fact that I'm in pretty good shape and can skate pretty well for somebody of my (well... his) age, and I'd go play in Switzerland or Austria or some nice place like that, instead of hanging to a #8th D-Men role.

Sure, but why uproot your whole family when you're already back home ?

Not to mention that playing in Switzerland is not exactly a glamorous life. You don't have the same side benefits than if you played in the NHL. He might as well retire.. which I think he should but ... whatever I'm not in his shoes.

Creature of Habit

Jul 5, 2014
And by negotiations he means...

ring ring

MB: Hello?
Bou: Hi Mark, can I play for you guys again?
MB: Ahhhh, Mark noooo heere right now, can I take a meesage?
Bou: Tell Mark I'll work league minimum, anything!!! Please, I just want to come back!!
MB: Ok, Ok, I tell Mark. I go now. Bye bye...
Hangs up. Turns to Rick Dudley, man, that was awkward. He won't stop calling and doesn't take a hint!
Bou, turns to RDS reporter, says we're in deep negotiations right now. It's just a matter of time.

:lol:

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
He did score a pretty important goal in the Boston series, and every time he was inserted in the lineup during the play-offs he played well. In a limited role he could still be a back up plan while the kids learn.

He's not completely washed up just yet. Just saying

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He did score a pretty important goal in the Boston series, and every time he was inserted in the lineup during the play-offs he played well. In a limited role he could still be a back up plan while the kids learn.

He was completely washed up long ago.

I like the player he was. He's got good heart. But he just can't play hockey anymore. He was among the worst blueliners in the game last year. He has no business being on our roster anymore, esp when we have younger players we should be developing.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...yes, he is...completely washed up...and we have kids that need ice time (Tinordi & Beaulieu) and a shot to make it (Nygren & Pateryn)...Boo Boo needs to stay Bye Bye...;)

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Give him a respectable AHL salary in a two way deal. Mostly as a thank you to his service to the CH over the years. Anything else, go **** yourself.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
These guys are not KIDS any more.

Beaulieu & Tinordi are 21 & 22 respectively, and both on the final year of their entry-level contracts. At 24, Pateryn and Nygren would have been considered vets on the 93 squad!

There are three 30-plus D-men on the roster already, plus PK, plus Emelin who's 28. We've got enough experience. Even if injuries hit. Heck, we've got Drewiske in the system as a veteran fill-in option already.

If we'd applied this sort of maddening "hold back the kids" thinking back in the early 90s, that entire defence corps I posted would never have played a game. "Oh no, Schneider's still too young. Oh no, Brisebois is way too green, he needs another year in the minors. Oh no, we can't have Haller & Brisebois both, that's just courting with disaster. And Desjardins still needs mentoring, it's only his fifth year." Yeah, they had Patrick Roy behind them. Well, we've got Carey Price!

We don't need any more D. We've got enough talent in the system, and we need to find out what some of these guys can do. It's time to firmly ask Bouillon to file his retirement papers and for Bergevin to declare that we need no more defenceman on this year's roster.

Quoted for truth. Could not have said it better myself. Is Doughty still a kid? He is the same age as Pateryn and Nygren. Obviously a much greater talent, but the point stands. No room at the inn for players of Bouillon's ilk..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad