Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I’m willing to give value in the right spots. But more i think about McMichael I would let him play 3C and put Lappy on the wing. McMichael didn’t work on wing but I think Lappy will. 18 goals last year. Number 5 at 20MPH/60. Always a late bloomer. 2 year bridge good for both sides.

We have a lot of work to do on defense but forwards something like this. I could see moving Milano out just for space and value.

1719636922989.png

Reactions: um

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
ESPNs coverage of most things is awful now, they try to shoehorn certain types of people into coverage instead of the most suited for the job.

The banter is max cringe. They want generic sports entertainment personalities yamming it up or trying to "bring out the emotion" in players.

Notice how often they try to get players to talk about "how you feel" and "someone special who isn't here".

Making adults cry on camera for ratings is deplorable but that's what the media does.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I’m willing to give value in the right spots. But more i think about McMichael I would let him play 3C and put Lappy on the wing. McMichael didn’t work on wing but I think Lappy will. 18 goals last year. Number 5 at 20MPH/60. Always a late bloomer. 2 year bridge good for both sides.

We have a lot of work to do on defense but forwards something like this. I could see moving Milano out just for space and value.

View attachment 889163
Oshie is cooked bro, let's hope he LTIRetires.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Ovy Strome Wilson
Mangiapane PLD Oshie/Miro
McMichael Lapierre Milano
Sgarbosa Dowd Protas
Sutter

Ovy Strome Wilson
McMichael PLD Mangiapane
Milano Lapierre Protas
Sgarbosa Dowd Sutter

Last edited:

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Still feels like one of McMichael or Lapierre are the odd man out and should be used to trade for either another Wing or upgrade the defense.

Would be curious what a McMichael + Jensen + next year 2nd would fetch them.

Reactions: Kalopsia

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Have I got this right?

So far this offseason, Mac has turned:

Darcy Kuemper, Beck Malenstyn, a 2025 2nd, a 2024 3rd, and a 2025 3rd

into

PLD, Mango (thanks predictive text!), Logan Thompson, and a 2024 2nd (Hutson)
Bad GM though.

It's amazing that when you sift through that and just assign pairings it works out to:

Logan Thompson in for Kuemper (likely upgrade unless Kuemper finds himself, and even then the contracts might offset any value lost)

Malenstyn for Mangiapane (they don't play the same role 1 to 1 and Malenstyn still needs replaced on his line but Mangiapane is arguably an upgrade, and if he does find his old game it's something Malenstyn can't replicate)

The picks collectively (2025 2nd, 2024 3rd, 2025 3rd) for PLD and a 2nd (Hutson) is basically one pick swap for what looks like a real good draft pick and a pretty talented reclamation project.

It looks even less like a gamble when you pair those three moves as one big whole the way you did and a lot more like the Caps won a lot of value and potential without dropping much themselves.

Last edited:

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
Still feels like one of McMichael or Lapierre are the odd man out and should be used to trade for either another Wing or upgrade the defense.

McMichael + Jensen + 2nd is starting to remind me of Ryder + Halak + 2nd from way back in the day.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017

Lapierre and MCMichael are simply not comparable.

I love the offseason we have had, but Lapierre should be off the table.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
I'd still like to see one of TVR or Jensen moved for futures and then add a right shot defenseman to shake things up.

Alexandre Carrier would be an intriguing option. I know Nashville really liked him and he had some traction at trade deadline. A little more offense, 27 years old, and eats some big minutes.

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad