RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
But there's shouldn't be a negotiation on our part. This is what we offer to you Francis. You are quite lucky that we even offer you something. 2-way deal? They probably wouldn't do that. But I mean, isn't it clear that he shouldn't be top 6? Can't he understand that he shouldn't be playing and that even as #7, there will probably be a better player in Hamilton that will take his place if needed on a long run? Why the heck would Bouillon consider that? One reason: 'Cause it's the ONLY offer. And if it's the only offer...there are NO negotiations. Take it or leave it.

I can't say that I disagree, but I can say that our agreement will have no bearing on those... negociations?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
That was the problem...
We'd be better off with a 17 mins. a night guy, as opposed to a 11 mins. a night guy. We'd probably be better off with somebody else than Bouillon (but that player isn't Mike Komisarek).

But if THAT GUY who's gonna be expected to play 11 mins a game is Bouillon? We could do worse.

Wouldn't have problems with a 2-way deal either, if those are still possible.

I don't think you're being realistic. Bottom pairing #6/7 D don't average 17-18min/game. He's bordering #4/5 D in ES where he was almost 16min minutes/game with over 1 min/game in PP time. If you agree Mike Weaver was more effective with the Habs last season, he averaged over 1min less ES time and less total icetime/game than Boullion. I don't think it's possible for MT to not play a personal favourite Boullion in favour of young players in a full season. He's already shown that last 2 years and everyone knows their history.

Mike Weaver and Markov are already there as 35+ year old veteran presence. Emelin and Gilbert played a ton of pro hockey and are ~30 years old. Subban is already 25 with a ton of experience as well. There's really little need IMO for another veteran presence. Guys like Tinordi/Beaulieu will need to get some consistent experience in regular season as everyday D and no need to put Boullion there in their way. There's also older prospects like Nygren/Pateryn looking for a spot. Davis Drewiske and his cup ring/character is also still in the organization on a 1way contract with his character or whatever reason Habs traded for him. I don't think it's unfair to suggest there's literally no real reason at all to sign him, everything he brings is not needed. Only thing I can see him be of some use is if he wants to play in the AHL and mentor the kids - which I doubt Therrien puts him through.

I think D is pretty much set:
1. Subban (~25 min/game)
2. Markov (22-25 min/game)
3. Emelin (20-22 min/game)
4. Gilbert (18-20 min/game)
5. Weaver (15-18 min/game
6. Beaulieu/Tinordi (~15 min/game)
7. Drewiske/Pateryn/Nygren (Fills in for Weaver on RD to give him rest or Beaulieu/Tinordi if they struggle)

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
NOOOOO

PLease god NOOOOO!!!

Bergevin signs with intent to be 7th-8th Dman, Therrien pairs with Subban.

We've all seen how this plays out. GTFO

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Guise, guise. Just imagine this scenario:

Bouillon gets signed and is overly-used on the powerplay (and in general) for one more year because he's MT's childhood brosef, stunting Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn and their development by taking away their crucial playing time. Because we all know Therrien's NOT going with anything less than 40 games and 2nd wave PP minutes for his buddy, no matter how bad he plays.

That's borderline nightmarish, thinking about it like that.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Guise, guise. Just imagine this scenario:

Bouillon gets signed and is overly-used on the powerplay (and in general) for one more year because he's MT's childhood brosef, stunting Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn and their development by taking away crucial playing time away for them. Because we all know Therrien's NOT going with anything less than 40 games and 2nd wave PP minutes for his buddy, no matter how bad he plays

That's borderline nightmarish, thinking about it like that.

It's definitely going to haunt my dreams for a while now..

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
What about Douglas Murray? (only VS Bruins, Leafs,etc).

PK Subban
Markov
Emelin
Gilbert/Weaver
Weaver/Gilbert
6. Tinordi
7. Beaulieu
8. Douglas Murray (only VS Bruins, Leafs,etc)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Signs PK 24 hours before arbitration ruling.
Then goes in ''intense negotiations'' with Bouillon.

Feels like I'm being trolled.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
What about Douglas Murray? (only VS Bruins, Leafs,etc).

PK Subban
Markov
Emelin
Gilbert/Weaver
Weaver/Gilbert
6. Tinordi
7. Beaulieu
8. Douglas Murray (only VS Bruins, Leafs,etc)

Haha! Thanks for that. Everyone needs to laugh once in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad