Value of: Boone Jenner to COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As opposed to all the good things they've been doing the past months/years/decades?
Yeah. They are the youngest or close to it team every year, Id like them to stop that. I dont want them to be a team like Edmonton/Buffalo that sucks forever and relies on lottery luck. They have the kids and tons of picks, they need to be insulated by vets not trade vets away.

MarchessaultCantRead

Mar 3, 2023
As opposed to all the good things they've been doing the past months/years/decades?
Jenner is a great two-way player, but I’m not sure about the value that CBJ fans place on his intangibles.

I’m sure he is a great locker room guy, but all he has ever done in his NHL career is lose games.

Do the young guys really place that much value on how he plays/what he says?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Let’s be fair here, assume he’s up for sale.
Not practical, because that assumption utterly fundamentally changes what the necessary return would be. You might as well come up with premises like "assume Ritchie is playing in the NHL as a competent #2C right now".

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You can say this all you want. You aren't management and nothing you say has any impact on what they do.
No, but I know how to read a roster and I've got a pretty good handle on how they operate.
We(Avs fans) have it on good authority that Jenner to the Avs is a real possibility, that Jenner is aware of the Avs interest in him, and that he would waive his NTC to come to Colorado.
Unless you have actual sources rather than "a poster we know heard from a friend of a friend" (which is against HFBoards rules, by the way), y'all don't know a damn thing.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Use your brain, man. Try to at least put yourself in their shoes. They need players who can play center. It isn't complicated. They're not obligated to trade their captain.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Seems like a lot to me?

Essentially two 1sts one of which is a prospect whose stock has risen quite a lot. Ritchie has a good chance of becoming a Jenner level player on a cost controlled contract.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Jenner is a great two-way player, but I’m not sure about the value that CBJ fans place on his intangibles.

I’m sure he is a great locker room guy, but all he has ever done in his NHL career is lose games.

Yes because it is all his fault. Like after all he plays net, defensive and all foward position at the same time. He should be able to beat Avs , Vegas , Boston , NYR , Vancouver , Winnipeg , Florida and the Oilers by himself. Just terrible player.

Oilers offer 2 1st a B prospect but will need to send back a player for cap reason

Yes because it is all his fault. Like after all he plays net, defensive and all foward position at the same time. He should be able to beat Avs , Vegas , Boston , NYR , Vancouver , Winnipeg , Florida and the Oilers by himself. Just terrible player.

Oilers offer 2 1st a B prospect but will need to send back a player for cap reason

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Seems like a lot to me?

Essentially two 1sts one of which is a prospect whose stock has risen quite a lot. Ritchie has a good chance of becoming a Jenner level player on a cost controlled contract.
As opposed to Jenner already being a Jenner-like player right now during the Avs window on a cost controlled deal for 3 playoff runs?
lol no team should trade essentially two firsts for a 40ish point player.
You mean like Brandon Hagel or Blake Coleman? Jenner's totals are low because of his situation in Columbus and missed games. He's paced 61 points and 54 points over the last 2 seasons if he played a full season. On the Avs, he's no doubt closer to a 60 point player, much like Lehkonen

Reactions: Cowumbus

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
As opposed to Jenner already being a Jenner-like player right now during the Avs window on a cost controlled deal for 3 playoff runs?

You mean like Brandon Hagel or Blake Coleman? Jenner's totals are low because of his situation in Columbus and missed games. He's paced 61 points and 54 points over the last 2 seasons if he played a full season. On the Avs, he's no doubt closer to a 60 point player, much like Lehkonen
Bringing up two stupid trade decisions by tampa isn't some flex. Hagel is a good a player but what team success has it translated to? Spending that much on depth players is just dumb and now Tampa is seeing the folly in that tactic with a depleted prospect pool and they are playing like the wild card team they now are.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Bringing up two stupid trade decisions by tampa isn't some flex. Hagel is a good a player but what team success has it translated to? Spending that much on depth players is just dumb and now Tampa is seeing the folly in that tactic with a depleted prospect pool and they are playing like the wild card team they now are.
How was the Hagel trade a bad one? This response should be good.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Both teams say no I think. Jenner is the heart and soul of CBJ on a great contract and the value Colorado is giving up might be better used targeting a more elite player.
The issue the Avs are facing is the players they are seeking are not available. Its a losing proposition. To make those players avaialble it would take an overpayment of epic proportions.

Reactions: McJedi

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah I wouldn't trade Ritchie for Jenner but I would trade him for a younger long-term 2C.

If Ritchie is on the Avs next year it will be on the 3rd line not at 2C.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

Yah f*** it. I'd do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad