Value of: Boone Jenner to COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Probably the same way he's done when we pair him with playmakers here - start absolutely destroying everyone putting up a point per game or more and then get injured within three or four weeks by some headhunting asshat.

Probably in 2 weeks with the Avs.

Reactions: Viqsi

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
What folks keep overlooking is that the bolded is also true for Jenner and the Jackets.
Agree to disagree. The Jackets should be sellers and Jenner's value will probably never be higher. There are definitely scenarios in which it would make sense for him to move, whether you agree or management agrees, there's some logic to it. Kings are trying to contend and won't move their 2C

Reactions: Alienblood

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Agree to disagree. The Jackets should be sellers and Jenner's value will probably never be higher. There are definitely scenarios in which it would make sense for him to move, whether you agree or management agrees, there's some logic to it. Kings are trying to contend and won't move their 2C
Why is Jenner’s value highest right now? He’s not having a good season.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Byram
Ritchie
1st
Johansen

For
Jenner
Bean

• Haha
Reactions: Linds and McJedi

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The Jackets are trying to be on the upswing in their build. That's why they added Provorov and Severson over the summer. Trading Jenner would only serve to lengthen the rebuild further and would remove a valuable leader from one of the youngest teams in the league. That's a recipe for botching the rebuild that they just went through.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Fine. I can see how a bad contract in Laine would be traded for other bad contracts like Goodrow with a pick going to Columbus to make up the difference in talent level between the bad contracts.

I think at this point, Laine has very little value if any. He's already on a bad team so I'm not sure why another bad team would want him and think he'd make them better. And a good team won't be able to handle his cap hit unless they send a really bad contract the other way, which is maybe his best hope. Laine to the Oilers for Kane type deal???

I still don't see the need for Jenner to the Avs at such a high cost. Jenner isn't the kind of player the Avs are missing. They don't need leadership as they have plenty of it. They need a better 2C. Jenner plays a hard game, but gets hurt a lot and doesn't score many points. He's not a great defensive player either. He's a career 99.4 PDO player so I'm not sure there is much upside here and he's having a very modest 2023-24 season.

If the Avs are trading a 2024 1st + an awesome prospect like Ritchie... we should aim higher than Boone Jenner. Maybe Danault, who is a Selke nominee many seasons and has a 97.4 PDO this year. Career 98 PDO. Better in the dot and better defensively. A 2nd line of Lex-Danault-Nuke would be the best defensive and forechecking line in the NHL. Killer PK potential too. Kings season coming off the rails anyway.
Danault is 50.7 % om faceoffs , Jenner is 54.7%

but yeah no way we should trade Ritchie for Jenner

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The Jackets are trying to be on the upswing in their build. That's why they added Provorov and Severson over the summer. Trading Jenner would only serve to lengthen the rebuild further and would remove a valuable leader from one of the youngest teams in the league. That's a recipe for botching the rebuild that they just went through.
aren't they planning on trading Provorov ?

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Bleck, Boone Jenner is an idiot.

"No what Babcock did with my phone was totally normal, very heart warming type stuff"

...1 week later...

*Babcock fired*

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Danault is 50.7 % om faceoffs , Jenner is 54.7%

but yeah no way we should trade Ritchie for Jenner
Fine. Jenner is better in the dot and no where else defensively. Jenner isn't good defensively.

Jenner actually comes from the same OHL club as Ritchie. Oshawa. Was drafted just 10 picks after Ritchie (37th vs 27th overall). In Jenner's post draft year, he was barely over a PPG in the OHL... Not bad at all, but no where near Ritchie being one of the OHLs top players and PPG producers at 1.76 PPG.

I like Jenner's contract at $3.75MM per. That's solid value, but not some screaming deal. He's a middle six C not an awesome 2C. He's a better player than RyJo overall, better skater, but his stats are pretty similar. And RyJo isn't playing PP1 or with stars. The Avs middle six is pretty blah when you don't have one of Nuke or Lex in the lineup most of this season. With Jenner at 2C, it's still pretty blah.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Far from it. Olaussen has little value to us. Put Ritchie back in and keep Texier, I’d do it.

Jenner, Texier
For
Johansen, Byram, Ritchie, 1st

You gain 3.8 mill in cap space, Jenner for 2.5 more years and Texier as an RFA.

We have to eat Johansen’s deal for another year, get Byram who I think is good but admittedly isn’t having his best year (and has some injury concerns), Ritchie (a top prospect) and a late 1st round pick 25OA+.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Linds

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Far from it. Olaussen has little value to us. Put Ritchie back in and keep Texier, I’d do it.

Jenner, Texier
For

We have to eat Johansen’s deal for another year, get Byram who I think is good but admittedly isn’t having his best year (and has some injury concerns), Ritchie (a top prospect) and a late 1st round pick 25OA+.
You've got fantilli, sillinger, Kent Johnson, and you could just buy out ryjo(1.3m).

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Seeing all these Boone to whatever team threads.... one thing that would be apparent. If the CBJ did decide to trade Boone for more youth, there is absolutely no need to hold on to the other veterans as that puts them even further behind the playoff curve. Boone isn't a 1C but he's a big time glue piece that is important to the organization. You move him, you need to replace him with someone else for the leadership group. this also sends a message that Columbus doesn't think they have the veterans to take a step forward with their youth movement.

I happen to think the young core is already showing they will be a good group to move forward with but they need guidance. Now if the argument is that Boone doesn't provide that... Then we have a different story. They need more like him to take a step. More youth isn't needed.

Reactions: Fro

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Not sure Jenner really want to leave Columbus.
As per Colorado GM he want a C who got speed.
Does Jenner got a lot of speed ?

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019

Jenner, Texier
For

What kind of player is texier these days? I don’t get to watch a lot of cbj even though all the Avs seem to do is target their players lol.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Boone is and does many awesome things, but being speedy is not really one of them.
Can he play a quick gamd? Like get the puck and move it quickly. And take passes in transition and dump it in?

That's the type of guy who will succeed in the Aves system. Guys who create offense by slowing things down are a bad fit. But they don't necessarily have to be super fast skaters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad